Seabourn Valet Service

Bell Boy

Sorry if this question has been asked before

Has anyone used this service and how reliable is it ?

I have complimentary 'Seabourn Valet Service' for my next cruise (Jan 2014) Have cruised many times but don't feel comfortable traveling by air to Lax without my luggage. The thought of 68 days with luggage missing/not turning up would be a nightmare. :(

Bell Boy

We have used 'Luggage Forward' for quite a few years now and have found them to

be a 'top notch' firm to deal with. Although SB now use them it is still cheaper to

book with (LF) direct even with all the discounts promised by SB.

WE already have our labels for our next cruise on the 'Spirit'.

We have used 'Luggage Forward' for quite a few years now and have found them to

be a 'top notch' firm to deal with. Although SB now use them it is still cheaper to

book with (LF) direct even with all the discounts promised by SB.

WE already have our labels for our next cruise on the 'Spirit'.

Do they have any guarantees or remedies if your bags do not make the ship? I'm tempted to try this for my next cruise and just bring a carry-on for pre/post cruise needs.

Do they have any guarantees or remedies if your bags do not make the ship? I'm tempted to try this for my next cruise and just bring a carry-on for pre/post cruise needs.

We have used Luggage Forward (last time was from here on Maui to the Sojourn in Montreal) with great success at least for us. We had several flight connections to make and didn't want to worry about our luggage making all of the connections with us.

Here is Luggage Forward's "Guarantee" from their website:

Quote: "Money-Back + $500 Guarantee

Relax, when you send your luggage with us, it is guaranteed to arrive on time or we’ll refund your money and give you up to $500 per bag to make it right. It’s simply the best luggage shipping guarantee on the planet, period. Luggage Forward is confident that your luggage will arrive on-time, in fact we guarantee it. If your bags do not arrive by end of day on or before your scheduled delivery date, barring customs delays, we will refund your money and reimburse you for incidental expenses up to $500 per late bag. This industry-leading guarantee is our way of saying you can count on us to get your luggage to your destination, on-time, every time or we’ll make it up to you."

When they pick my luggage up from home I am given a tracking number and I know

exactly where it is every day till it reaches the port which is days before the ship

sails so your mind is at rest. Mine has always been in my room in all ports around the world.

Archived