Oh dear..

So, tomorrow is my last day of work..then....We leave on Sunday! We are on the Glory, 7 night sailing to Canada.. and I have the jitters SO bad. I just cant wait! I really should start packing though. I read somewhere about this really cool idea to get small souvenirs from your hometown that you can give to crew members, so I will be picking up some of these today. Has anyone done that before?

Most crew prefer hard cold cash. They share little bitty cabins and really dont have storage space. Sorry to be a rain cloud, but really you would be better served to give them a couple of dollars than a trinket.

Just being truthfull .. which I know you dont want to hear.

I leave books I finish in the cabin and often wonder if the cabin steward ever keeps any or throws them out or they have a place in the crew quarters for a book exchange. I really dont know but I keep leaving them books.

Most crew prefer hard cold cash. They share little bitty cabins and really dont have storage space. Sorry to be a rain cloud, but really you would be better served to give them a couple of dollars than a trinket.

I tend to agree. Money is the trinket they like to receive.:)

So, tomorrow is my last day of work..then....We leave on Sunday! We are on the Glory, 7 night sailing to Canada.. and I have the jitters SO bad. I just cant wait! I really should start packing though. I read somewhere about this really cool idea to get small souvenirs from your hometown that you can give to crew members, so I will be picking up some of these today. Has anyone done that before?

Thoughtful, but they really need/want USD! Plus, they have really limited space in their living quarters -- I mean they sometimes have to store stuff atop their bed. So they don't need any more accoutrements.

Have fun on your cruise!

I leave books I finish in the cabin and often wonder if the cabin steward ever keeps any or throws them out or they have a place in the crew quarters for a book exchange. I really dont know but I keep leaving them books.

I do this too! I've also given them to some of the bartenders I've befriended. And I did read in someone else's review who did the behind the scenes tour that there was a 'library' in the crew area.

We leave them booze that we did not drink. No point in hauling it back home, and I know they like to party just like we do.

DH, DD and I are on the July 21st Glory cruise as well! Tomorrow is my last day at work before vacation and I am sure my mind will already be in Boston.

We always make sure to tip cash to the bartenders that are outgoing and friendly and any other staff that make an impression.

Hoping for a fabulous week!

Thoughtful, but they really need/want USD! Plus, they have really limited space in their living quarters -- I mean they sometimes have to store stuff atop their bed. So they don't need any more accoutrements.

Have fun on your cruise!

Ditto Above!

LuLu

~~~~

Thanks everyone! I just cashed in all of our change.. $856.. That's too much change! But I took your advice.. Cash only thank you's! So much better of an idea. Today's my last day of work and I don't know if I'll be able to even think about engineering. My mind ( and myself) are too close to Boston to not be thinking about getting on the ship! :)

Archived