Guarantee Cabin Assignment Timeline

UnObstructedView

For those who might be keeping track of how/when Princess is handing out room assignments, here's our breakdown so far (cabin assigned today).

Ship: Sapphire

Nights: 14

Route: Alaska Northbound/Southbound

Sail Date: August 24, 2013

Booked: June 29, 2013

Via: Online Travel Agency

Cabin Assigned: July 24 (exactly 30 days out)

Category Paid: IE

Category Assigned: IC

Fare/Tax: $649 each

Passengers: 2 adults

Captain's Circle: Gold

Upsell: None

No complaints.

We are now waiting for the elusive, yet much discussed, "Upgrade Fairy" to pay a visit. However, we aren't holding our breath!

For those who might be keeping track of how/when Princess is handing out room assignments, here's our breakdown so far (cabin assigned today).

Ship: Sapphire

Nights: 14

Route: Alaska Northbound/Southbound

Sail Date: August 24, 2013

Booked: June 29, 2013

Via: Online Travel Agency

Cabin Assigned: July 24 (exactly 30 days out)

Category Paid: IE

Category Assigned: IC

Fare/Tax: $649 each

Passengers: 2 adults

Captain's Circle: Gold

Upsell: None

No complaints.

We are now waiting for the elusive, yet much discussed, "Upgrade Fairy" to pay a visit. However, we aren't holding our breath!

Now, what I would do is call the online travel agency and ask them to tell Princess to put you back in the "pool" of guarantees. The worst that could happen is that you get an IE. But I think this is a better way to help the upgrade fairy in his/her work! ;) I've asked to be put back in the pool more than once. The TA may not want to be bothered, but it's really no big deal. :rolleyes:

Now, what I would do is call the online travel agency and ask them to tell Princess to put you back in the "pool" of guarantees. The worst that could happen is that you get an IE. But I think this is a better way to help the upgrade fairy in his/her work! ;) I've asked to be put back in the pool more than once. The TA may not want to be bothered, but it's really no big deal. :rolleyes:

Absolutely go back in the pool. That's how we ended up with a balcony after booking the lowest price obstructed OV. The first "upgrade" was to an unobstructed cabin, but I didn't like the location. So back we went into the pool and VOILA!

Absolutely go back in the pool. That's how we ended up with a balcony after booking the lowest price obstructed OV. The first "upgrade" was to an unobstructed cabin, but I didn't like the location. So back we went into the pool and VOILA!

Seriously, you can do that, never heard of it :)

Will they take you out the cabin you have been assigned until they re-assign?

Wow, learn something new on CC everyday!!!

I sail on August 30th and was wondering what the timeline is for gurantees OR did they forget about me and I'd be sleeping in the lounge :eek:

Timeline for assigning guarantees is anywhere from within an hour of booking to when you arrive at the pier for embarkation.

99% chance you will learn about your cabin assignment by four or five days before embarkation, maybe even earlier.

On previous Princess cruise we were notified about our cabin about two weeks before departure. We are cruising in September this year with guaranteed balcony and was notified about our cabin shortly after final payment......

Just got my assignment for 8/31 on the Diamond. GTY balcony got me a BC on the Lido deck.

There are still 36 minis left. Should I go back into the pool or hang out at Prego's around the corner for the week?

Thanks

I booked the Royal Princess Trans-Atlantic in October with a deluxe balcony guarantee. I got my cabin assignment today August 2, 2013. It is in the category that I booked the guarantee for. I figured it would be after the final payment date which was July 25, 2013 and here we are eight days after final payment.

Was hoping for an upgrade but NO such luck. :(

Just got my assignment for 8/31 on the Diamond. GTY balcony got me a BC on the Lido deck.

There are still 36 minis left. Should I go back into the pool or hang out at Prego's around the corner for the week?

Thanks

I don't know what you should do but are you happy with the location of your assignment? Are there cabins above and below you? Would you be happy if you got assigned a cabin over a noisy venue? Those are the risks you run if you go back into the pool which they may not let you do. Also there may not really be 36 minis left, some TA might have a block booked and hasn't put the names in yet.

I don't know what you should do but are you happy with the location of your assignment? Are there cabins above and below you? Would you be happy if you got assigned a cabin over a noisy venue? Those are the risks you run if you go back into the pool which they may not let you do. Also there may not really be 36 minis left, some TA might have a block booked and hasn't put the names in yet.

I'm on deck 14, port side. Tradewinds bar is above me. I can be relatively happy with anything and can obviously be assigned to a worse location. Since this is an Alaska Northbound, getting on the starboard will probably be next to impossible. Any chance that they would move me again, once the GTY has been assigned?

Just to let you know Princess did not allow me to go back into the GTY Pool for an Oct 2013 sailing. I was assigned in July and called them. I don't know if it was an anomaly or a new policy.

Who did they tell that to, your TA or you? If you have a TA. he/she can make it happen. If not, call again and speak to someone else.

We are sailing in Sept. got our assin. Cabin about 45 days out. Booked lowest balcony and got a great Caribe balcony huge balcony. Very glad with it but know they consider higher decks better but... bigger balcony is what we consider a better upgrade. They are sold out now so hope we stay put.

Who did they tell that to, your TA or you? If you have a TA. he/she can make it happen. If not, call again and speak to someone else.

I booked directly with Princess so it was myself trying to get back into the pool because i was assigned a cabin under the disco.

I booked directly with Princess so it was myself trying to get back into the pool because i was assigned a cabin under the disco.

Now call them again. And if you haven't already done final payment (which I assume you haven't), turn this booking over to a discount TA and save some money.

BTW, what disco? What ship? Princess passengers are not generally disco people.

Archived