Cell Phone Use in Bermuda

juneforreal

Leaving Sunday on the Breakaway. I would love to make some calls

or text home to US from Bermuda, but it is probably too costly. Does

anyone know if there is a special plan? I am with AT&T. Also, if I

don't use my cell, was wondering if there is a phone card to purchase as I would call home using the "old fashioned" pay phone. Any advice?

Here is what AT&T would charge you in Bermuda, including their "travel plans": http://www.wireless.att.com/travelguide/coverage/coverage_details.jsp?CIDL=60&MNC=CING

What you could do is pay just a few bucks and use your phone in wi-fi mode at one of the internet "cafes" to email, message or skype or use WhatsApp. Just follow the crew and you find the hot spots.

For 15 bucks? you can get a 72 hour wifi plan in Bermuda. They are sold at the dockyard from what I understand. Use it to text or Skype. My son was in Europe for 2 weeks and for something like 5 dollars he added 2-3 hours of talk time on Skype (not the video) but the audio part of it. He used the hotels free wifi to make phone calls

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/

i have tmobile, can it roam on att network?

I have Tmobile and the roaming charges are high.

We just got back from Bermuda and I purchased two international sim cards for my husband and I before we left. I turned the roam off and put the phone in airplane mode on my childrens phones,but left it on so they can listen to music.

My daughter brings me her phone and it has a text message that we are in roaming and the charges are at 500 dollars...:eek: I thought I turned the roam off and put the phone on airplane mode. I double checked and the roam was off and it was in airplane mode and I saw no texts or call from her phone. I have no idea what happened and I guess I will find out next month. :confused:

I just wanted to give a heads up so no one else comes home to this wonderful surprise . We did purchase the internet in Bermuda.

Leaving Sunday on the Breakaway. I would love to make some calls

or text home to US from Bermuda, but it is probably too costly. Does

anyone know if there is a special plan? I am with AT&T. Also, if I

don't use my cell, was wondering if there is a phone card to purchase as I would call home using the "old fashioned" pay phone. Any advice?

They sell Digicell- (Thats the cell phone company in Bermuda)- phone cards in the area you walk thru before you go out to the pier in Bermuda.You can't miss them-they are on the right hand side of the door you would have to walk out of to go onto the pier in Bermuda. They had all different amounts available for purchase.

With ATT forward your calls to home. Leave phone open for text messages. If you have unlimited text plan than it is free for incoming texts and 50 cents for outgoing texts. Thats how we stay in touch

Safe sailling

i have tmobile, can it roam on att network?

Pretty sure Tmobile and ATT and Verizon customers are using the local network, and paying the $2+ per minute.

As to the person with the $500 bill... something was turned back on.

I agree with the WiFi post... It will be the cheapest way to call back home.

If you are on iPhone or Android look into Google Voice, it's free and they give you a phone number to call and get calls on wifi. I use the app "Mo+" and it works great, also free.

All you would have to pay for is the wifi fee, which I'm not sure how good it is but I will find out in 25 days.

ALSO- iPhone to iPhone imessage will be free (if your text come up with a blue button, that means its immesage. green means you will be charged) Along with FaceTime and any app that uses just internet to connect. Enjoy.

...ALSO- iPhone to iPhone imessage will be free (if your text come up with a blue button, that means its immesage. green means you will be charged) Along with FaceTime and any app that uses just internet to connect. Enjoy.

To clarify this part. Iphone to Iphone is free - sort of - as long as you are connected to the internet, via wifi, etc. Not free otherwise.

Archived