SPA cabins on deck 11...good choice?

cruznon

Trying to make final decision on spa balcony cabin selection. Are spa cabins on deck 11 a good choice?

We stayed in an upper deck (don't remember exactly) spa cabin on the Dream last summer.

We loved it.

The thalassotherapy (spelling?) pool and heat/steam rooms are worth every penny. Make sure you get your spa access bracelet to avoid the lines further on the cruise. There are no kids allowed in these areas and they are so quiet and relaxing each and every hour.

It wasn't a huge deal to us, but the beach towels they give you in your room are a different color which made us stand out at the main pools. We got a few questions from fellow cruises. The towels looked great, too.

We stayed in an upper deck (don't remember exactly) spa cabin on the Dream last summer.

We loved it.

The thalassotherapy (spelling?) pool and heat/steam rooms are worth every penny. Make sure you get your spa access bracelet to avoid the lines further on the cruise. There are no kids allowed in these areas and they are so quiet and relaxing each and every hour.

It wasn't a huge deal to us, but the beach towels they give you in your room are a different color which made us stand out at the main pools. We got a few questions from fellow cruises. The towels looked great, too.

Do they run out of the special spa bracelets for those booked in a spa cabin? I have a spa room booked the end of next month on the Breeze. I also have FTTF, so after I drop off my bags, do I need to go right up to the spa to get the bracelets?

Thanks

Hope so! I'm staying in one next month on the Liberty!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not quite the same as a Cloud 9 Spa cabin on one of the Dream class ships.

Do they run out of the special spa bracelets for those booked in a spa cabin? I have a spa room booked the end of next month on the Breeze. I also have FTTF, so after I drop off my bags, do I need to go right up to the spa to get the bracelets?

Thanks

I have Spa rooms booked on the Breeze , but so far , no one has mentioned the bracelets ? How do we get those? I just assumed when we went to the Spa for the 1st time they would give them to us at the front desk , isn't it noted on our sign and sail card that we have a Spa room , or ???

Thanks for the Info !!

BethAnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 1995

Disney Wonder April 2009

Carnival Liberty Oct 2012

Carnival Breeze Feb 2014

We did deck 11 spa on Splendor. It was the furthest front room and we didn't like that the balcony had no cover. I wanted shade and my husband said it was windy.

The spa is very nice though. If we were to do it again we'd do deck 10 and as far back as spa rooms go(which isn't far, still forward rooms). We liked the heated lounge chairs best.

I have Spa rooms booked on the Breeze , but so far , no one has mentioned the bracelets ? How do we get those? I just assumed when we went to the Spa for the 1st time they would give them to us at the front desk , isn't it noted on our sign and sail card that we have a Spa room , or ???

On the Magic, we went separately to the spa desk to basically check in. They had a list on paper, found our name, and crossed us off the list. They gave us the wristband at that time to wear while we are using the special spa facilities. Our sail & sign cards were set up to allow us into those special rooms, so we would just scan the cards to open the doors, and we wear the wristband while in there. It's easy to take on & off, and doesn't tear or break. So you don't have to wear it the whole cruise. The first time I went up there, the crew member showed me around, so that I'd know where to go and what I could partake of. They're doing that all day the first day.

Edited by k2excursion

On the Magic, we went separately to the spa desk to basically check in. They had a list on paper, found our name, and crossed us off the list. They gave us the wristband at that time to wear while we are using the special spa facilities. Our sail & sign cards were set up to allow us into those special rooms, so we would just scan the cards to open the doors, and we wear the wristband while in there. It's easy to take on & off, and doesn't tear or break. So you don't have to wear it the whole cruise. The first time I went up there, the crew member showed me around, so that I'd know where to go and what I could partake of. They're doing that all day the first day.

Ditto..

It was similar for us on the dream in march except we had to give them our sail and sign card each time we wanted in the rooms and get an access card even though we were wearing our bracelets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for info on getting spa bracelets. We moved our spa cabin from deck 12 to deck eleven. We wanted a covered balcony.

We were all the way forward, next to a suite on 11, LOVED the location. A huge plus for me was being far enough forward that when you look straight down, you see water & not the deck that sticks out.

Very quiet area. Booked the same cabin for our next trip on The Magic.

We have booked deck 11 on the Dream for the covered balcony as well. Anyone ever stayed in 11244? This will be our first Spa Cabin and can't wait -- 2 more weeks!!!!!

Have 11246 booked for Dec. cruise, bet we're going to love this location. Not under t-pool or workout room. We've got cabins directly above and below, covered balcony AND so close to all things spa.

In Jan we had cove and purchased spa package, we used the spa so much that I have decided being so close was going to be wonderful.

I'll let you know how a deck 11 spa balcony is on the Magic. We leave tomorrow. We have previously had 2 deck 12 spa cabins and loved them due to the location. We were disappointed to have to get a deck 11 cabin, but it was the only place we could get a double next to a quad so that we could have a balcony cabin next to our son and his family. I liked the balcony on deck 12 covered with a grate - it diffused the sun, but was still good for sun bathing out there. Not so sure I want to go back to the fully covered balcony. But hey, at least we won't be bothered by smokers and that alone is worth the price of admission!

Does anyone have pics of the deck 12 balconies I'm really becoming concerned. And there are only 3 cabins left on deck 11.But they have sofa beds. Will we lose any space with a sofabed? Help ASAP please!:)

The sofa bed is the same size as the regular couches that are in all of the cabins, so you won't lose any space. Sorry, I've been on so many cruises that I no longer bother to take pictures of anything. One cruise runs into the next...

Have 11246 booked for Dec. cruise, bet we're going to love this location. Not under t-pool or workout room. We've got cabins directly above and below, covered balcony AND so close to all things spa.

In Jan we had cove and purchased spa package, we used the spa so much that I have decided being so close was going to be wonderful.

I can't wait!! 2 weeks from today we will be onboard!! I think we will love this location as well! We wanted to be on deck 11 to have the covered balcony, though we wanted to be on port side as I understand this is best side for Western Itin. Hope to see some "runners!" We also didn't want to be in 11210 - 11230 as I have read so many people complain about noise from the gym!! I do hope this will be a fairly quiet cabin!!

Ok we're on deck 12 if we go with deck 11 we have to have rooms with sofa beds does anyone think that'll be a problem?

Does anyone have pics of the deck 12 balconies I'm really becoming concerned. And there are only 3 cabins left on deck 11.But they have sofa beds. Will we lose any space with a sofabed? Help ASAP please!:)

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. From what I can see, the Breeze's balcony rooms on deck 12 are set up the same as they are for deck 11. If there are 3 people in the room, the 3rd person will sleep on the sofa bed. If there are 4, the 3rd person gets the sofa bed, and the 4th person gets the upper bunk directly above the sofa bed. If there are 2 people in the room, the sofa bed remains just a sofa, and takes up the same amount of space as the sofa bed. Maybe you're confusing the sofa bed with a pull-out sofa. The sofa beds do not "pull out". They take up the same amount of space, whether a bed or a sofa. This is not a spa room, but it is a balcony. The decor in the spa rooms are different, but the setup is the same. We had 3 people. If there were 4 people to the room, there would be an upper bunk fully above the sofa bed in this pic.

P1080504_zpsbf179674.jpg

P1080503_zpse0562bc6.jpg

Edited by k2excursion