Carnival Sunshine thumbs up or thumbs down

Dukesmith95

These "crowded" comments crack me up. I've never been on any ship that wasn't crowded on sea days. On every cruise after 10am lido chairs were slim pickings. If you don't like crowds or waiting in line a little while for food on sea days then no cruise is right for you. Personally I'm looking forward to my Sunshine cruise in Nov and not concerned about crowds at all.

Sent using the Cruise Critic app

Yes, but this ship used to have 3 pools. Now it has one.

Thumbs up to Carnival Sunshine :D

Had a wonderful time, people who get up or leave their balconies at lunchtime and can't find a sunbed in the place they want my heart bleeds........not!

I will be posting video footage of soon on youtube my channel name is Gailjen1 if you want to subscribe.

I am cruising breeze in Feb. started looking at 2015 prices and am finding Sunshine prices very high. I can take Pride out of Tampa on a 7 day western carribean for $200 less than sunshine out of orlando-same itinerary. Just cannot justify spending that much more for a renovated ship.:rolleyes:

The oddest thing I have read was the latest review where the ship is raining on the insides, collected by buckets, and the noisy stateroom fan, which would probably soothe the savage breast.

I hope those buckets are are evened out. I'd hate to find it's them that are causing the list.

Thumbs up for the Sunshine. I have just returned from 28/07 sailing.

Yes it was busy on sea days by the pool and there were problems with lines at the my time dining restaurant when everyone seemed to arrive at the same time. The Lido buffet was busy, but people didn't realise there was more seating in the Havana bar. The same amount as what was in the Lido area.

We thoroughly enjoyed our first cruise with Carnival, and if the itinerary was right I would happily cruise on the Sunshine again. For us it is about the ports, not the ship.

The Lido buffet was busy, but people didn't realise there was more seating in the Havana bar. The same amount as what was in the Lido area.

You would think someone would help and direct with the passenger flow.

Oh, yeah. Carnival.

I just was on sunshine out of bacrcelona but I would not book her for port canaveral as sea days were so so so crowded on pool deck!! Everything else was great though so if u don't care about a deck chair on sea days, sunshine is great!! I honestly did not run into lines anywhere else. Get to the shows a bit early and it is good. Although in European ports people are tired therefore there may be more crowding in other areas. This ship should just stay in Europe!! I would be there for 2014!!!

Hi Brenda,

Wayne and Daisy here. We totally agree with you. We would definitely be on there in 2014 also.

We only waited in line a couple of times for the hamburger and taco bars. But that was only 5 min at the most.

The oddest thing I have read was the latest review where the ship is raining on the insides, collected by buckets, and the noisy stateroom fan, which would probably soothe the savage breast.

I hope those buckets are are evened out. I'd hate to find it's them that are causing the list.

you could have stumbled on the answer Pete!

It's interesting to note that the people who have found the Sunshine to be the most crowded are the ones who haven't been on it. They make me laugh. :rolleyes:

Sailing one week today, can't wait!

Hi Goldwolf please when you come back can you tell us all about it we sail on her on 30th August and cant wait,have a lovely cruise:D:D:D

I sailed on her in at the ned of January, right before she went into drydock. Most of the rooms were already renovated but the rest was not. I thought it was a fantastic ship and was shocked about allt he negative reviews. There were tons of reports of overcrowding etc, and I never saw any of it although we sailed at full capacity. THe rooms look great with their renos - I say go for the Sunshine

It's interesting to note that the people who have found the Sunshine to be the most crowded are the ones who haven't been on it. They make me laugh. :rolleyes:

Sailing one week today, can't wait!

Then you're certainly missing them. You have to be fast.

It's been reported over and over that even the people on board are being thrown OBC at them just to keep the problems quiet.

Can't wait to read your review.

We were on the Sunshine in July - our 19th cruise (4th with Carnival). Definitely a thumbs up from us. Pool deck crowded on sea days but no more than any other cruise we've been on, and you could always get a free lounger on deck 3. No signs of over-crowdedness anywhere else. Food options at lunchtime were excellent and varied, and no crowds.

Then you're certainly missing them. You have to be fast.

It's been reported over and over that even the people on board are being thrown OBC at them just to keep the problems quiet.

Can't wait to read your review.

That's called good customer service. If something goes wrong they compensate the guest. You act as if giving someone $100 will keep them from talking about whatever problems they may have encountered.

Silly Pete.

We have the Aft Wrap on deck 7 for the Jan 5 cruise on the Sunshine and I can't wait!!!!! Also excited to compare it to the Breeze in 40 days! :)

We have done both the Conquest and the Elation and loved them both, so it will be fun to try the new ship and the "new" Ship :D

The main reason we cruise on Carnival these days is because we can drive to Port Canaveral and book a Cloud 9 Spa package. Since the Dream is leaving and Sunshine is taking its place there is no Thallasotherapy pool and the Sunshine doesn't show the same spa features on the deck plans. Sunshine just doesn't have the attraction for us. Maybe if the price is really low then we may give her a chance. Otherwise we will start looking at other cruise lines. Too bad. We really did enjoy cruising on Carnival. Maybe a few years from now they will bring a ship to Port Canaveral with a T-pool and a decent Spa package.

Cheers!

Exactly my thoughts also, missing the Dream already, we will be on the Dream Nov 16...

pool2_zps6fb4021c.gif

Thats a pool? Look like it is a little bigger than hot tub/spa...A frottagists dream especially on a sea day...

As I said upthread somewhere, I have a bigger "pool" in my backyard for three people. This is for how many? And half of it is under showering water rendering it useless.

Archived