Carnival Sunshine thumbs up or thumbs down

Dukesmith95

Here's a pool MrPete must have missed during his voyage.

pool2_zps6fb4021c.gif

I found on sea days that the pool deck was full, just as they are on the Freedom. About the rest of the ship there were seats to be had. The Serenity Deck had seats but not Clam Shells. If you waited a bit they would also open up. I had no problems, as others have had with their cabins but I believe the suites are smaller and the toilet was installed in a rather bad position. The flow through the Lido buffet was very good and never felt really crowded. The Havana Bar is fantastic along with Ji Ji .

Just my opinion......

Looks quite serene. And the waterfall is a nice touch.

It's interesting to note that the people who have found the Sunshine to be the most crowded are the ones who haven't been on it. They make me laugh. :rolleyes:

Sailing one week today, can't wait!

Let me know how you like the Cabin (as well as the ship).. :)

If I'm not mistaken, you have one of the OS Suites on Deck 5..!!:D We sail in 5341 on Sept 8!! :p

I'm so jealous of all u with sailings coming up. I would go back on the sunshine tomorrow. Anybody need a friend, lol...I would just get a sea day chair by 10. I have been on carnival liberty and RCL and had no problem finding a sea day chair at 11-12, therefore I think this ship may indeed be a bit more crowded on pool decks but I only have two others for comparison.

I am now booked on the breeze in July and I hear it's going for a dry dock. Please don't add more people/rooms....lololol!!

It's interesting to note that the people who have found the Sunshine to be the most crowded are the ones who haven't been on it. They make me laugh. :rolleyes:

Sailing one week today, can't wait!

We loved it so much that when we got back in July we booked her for December. But you must go the Alchemy Bar and have Daniel fix you a specialty drink. While on board, he created a drink for me. We called it "my father abandoned me 15 years ago and now I need a drink". I have no idea what was in it but it was amazing chocolate yumminess.

Let me know how you like the Cabin (as well as the ship).. :)

If I'm not mistaken, you have one of the OS Suites on Deck 5..!!:D We sail in 5341 on Sept 8!! :p

Yes, we're in 5340, will take some pictures.

We leave for Barcelona tomorrow. :D

As I said upthread somewhere, I have a bigger "pool" in my backyard for three people. This is for how many? And half of it is under showering water rendering it useless.

The jacuzzis on the Allure were bigger than that! But, at least they can use it to pad up the pool count when the unsuspecting book this "new cruise ship".

I just was on sunshine out of bacrcelona but I would not book her for port canaveral as sea days were so so so crowded on pool deck!! Everything else was great though so if u don't care about a deck chair on sea days, sunshine is great!! I honestly did not run into lines anywhere else. Get to the shows a bit early and it is good. Although in European ports people are tired therefore there may be more crowding in other areas. This ship should just stay in Europe!! I would be there for 2014!!!

You wouldn’t book the Sunshine from port Canaveral? Would it be any different than booking the Sunshine form New Orleans?

These "crowded" comments crack me up. I've never been on any ship that wasn't crowded on sea days. On every cruise after 10am lido chairs were slim pickings. If you don't like crowds or waiting in line a little while for food on sea days then no cruise is right for you. Personally I'm looking forward to my Sunshine cruise in Nov and not concerned about crowds at all.

Sent using the Cruise Critic app

I was thinking the same thing...of course the pool area will be crowded on sea days. We are looking forward to our cruise on Sunshine next July.

Yes, we're in 5340, will take some pictures.

We leave for Barcelona tomorrow. :D

Great! :p Our 'bestest' sailing buddies snagged 5340 when they became available..:)

We settled on 5341.. Cat 9C or OS didn't matter to us; we wanted AFT!!:D;)

...Looking forward to our February 2014 Sunshine cruise! Hopefully...we won't be cruising with anybody who enjoys counting the pools on deck or measuring their size.

...Are pools really that important to most cruisers? I guess because I have a pool at home that I really never go into the pool on a cruise ship. And as far as deck chairs, any deck chair on a cruise ship is fine with me!

...And why are people complaining about the pool area being crowded on a sea day? Every ship I've been on has been busy when the ship is not in port. People just tend to gravitate to the Pool/Food areas.

...Just happy to see that the vast majority of the Sunshine reviews are sooo positive! We loved the Breeze and can hardly wait another 25 weeks until we sail the Sunshine.

Great videos, so looking forward to our New Years cruise :)

I noticed in a lot of the videos the pool video screen wasn't working well (lots of static and lines). Is this normal or was it just an occaisional issue?

I noticed in a lot of the videos the pool video screen wasn't working well (lots of static and lines). Is this normal or was it just an occaisional issue?

...Not to worry. When a video board of that sort gets videotaped or even a still shot, your photo will become "pixelated." The colors in the pixels of the large screen change so fast that a camera can't shoot it. The video screens work fine.

...Not to worry. When a video board of that sort gets videotaped or even a still shot, your photo will become "pixelated." The colors in the pixels of the large screen change so fast that a camera can't shoot it. The video screens work fine.

Good to know. My ds 12 thought it was cool there was such a big tv but too bad the screen was broken lol :)

Hey Near the beach..

I am not sure where the sunshine is going to out of new Orleans? ( I'd love to see new Orleans) You know I'm not sure if I would hesitate booking her. I think I'm having a change of heart. I mean as long as u get a deck chair by 10 you probably will be fine. The buffets, I did not find them crowded at all or anywhere else for that Matter. The pool chair thing does bug me a lot as on sea days, I sit by the pool and drink "kiss on the lips" lololol!! But like others have said they are all crowded on sea days although like i mentioned out of the three i have sailed on, she was by far the most crowded. I guess it depends on other options, prices, ports, time of year... I'm trying freedom this July!! I better get a chair lololollol!!

Archived