How often does Carnival change thier menus?

vigurl

So I am looking a a Elation review thread someone bumped yesterday. The reviewer actually sailed in Dec 12. I noticed the menu was practically identical to the menu I had on the Breeze in May 13. While on the Breeze I actually remember thinking that a lot of the items were the same as my Freedom cruise in 2010. I am booked for the Elation this Dec and hoping it wont be the same things all over again. Any know?

So I am looking a a Elation review thread someone bumped yesterday. The reviewer actually sailed in Dec 12. I noticed the menu was practically identical to the menu I had on the Breeze in May 13. While on the Breeze I actually remember thinking that a lot of the items were the same as my Freedom cruise in 2010. I am booked for the Elation this Dec and hoping it wont be the same things all over again. Any know?

They might change out a couple of items every few years, but in the past 13 years I've only seen 2 major revamps of the menu.

I think the menu has enough variety to let me have a different entree selection every night. I cruise 3 or 4 times a year and never feel bored with the menu.

These kind of threads always surprise me. In my real life I have a meal plan that has about 15 dinners on it. I have steak, meatloaf, spahgetti, pork chops, beans and fried potatoes, eggplant parmessan, chicken with dumplings or dressing, ham steak, BBQ pork shoulder, .....My point is I often repeat meals a couple of times a month.....When I go to Olive Garden, I almost always get the Chicken Marsala....I like it, so I order it often....

And for breakfast what more could people want other than maybe some gravy for breakfast. They have eggs prepared anyway you want them, a wide variety of breakfast meats, pastries, fruit, hot and cold cereals, breads, yogurts, waffles........the only disappointment for me recently is the Brunch menu.....for more restrictive for both the breakfast and lunch items.

Usually about once a year but seems like this set has been around for longer than a year.

Wonder how often people offer comfort foods? We dont.

I like the meatloaf and fried chicken from the comfort food menu. I fix stuff like that in my real life and I order it in restaurants occasionally.

These kind of threads always surprise me. ......the only disappointment for me recently is the Brunch menu.....for more restrictive for both the breakfast and lunch items.

I am vegetarian so they are only 2 options per night in the MDR for me. Indian vegetarian or the Today's menu.

Freedom 2010 and Breeze 2013 both had the chilli rellenos and cheddar pot pie which I hated. I am kind hoping to see them fall off the menu. Bring back the spinach lasagna from the 90's!

I am vegetarian so they are only 2 options per night in the MDR for me. Indian vegetarian or the Today's menu.

Freedom 2010 and Breeze 2013 both had the chilli rellenos and cheddar pot pie which I hated. I am kind hoping to see them fall off the menu. Bring back the spinach lasagna from the 90's!

That certainly limits your menu selections. You might ask to speak to the chef and see if he can offer you a wider variety of flavors. I like Indian food, but I wouldn't want to have it every night.

I like the meatloaf and fried chicken from the comfort food menu. I fix stuff like that in my real life and I order it in restaurants occasionally.

Understand but prefer ordering stuff we dont usually have at home.

strange how some get tired of 'same old same old' ( and I admit, I would like to see something different, even tho its only once a year I have to worry about it)...but would riot in the streets if WCMC or Bitter and Blanc disappeared.

And lets discuss Shrimp cocktail and the Escargot scandal as well.. ;)

The only thing I would like to see is the appetizers changed by size and choices.

you see everyone ordering 2 shrimp cocktails every night and something else,

Would be nice it they had a "sampler"

Every cruise I like to try the "strange" things I would not have at home, like the escargot, or alligator fritters and such, maybe a plate that had 2 escargot not 6, and a few other things, or several choices to share for a couple, or table (small table)

As I recall the last time they changed they added the comfort foods.

Couldnt believe all of the complaining that went on here about that.

we dont choose to order them but since they didnt reduce the number of regular dishes served who cares that they added comfort food.

we dont choose to order them but since they didnt reduce the number of regular dishes served who cares that they added comfort food.

I couldn't agree more.

I didn't realize that

I thought when they added the comfort stuff they changed some of the item like took the ribs off the every day menu , removed the shrimp

Changed the chateau Briand to the shoulder cut ??

It was so long and sooo drawn out I just thought it happened at once

I didn't realize that

I thought when they added the comfort stuff they changed some of the item like took the ribs off the every day menu , removed the shrimp

I don't think the ribs were ever on the every day menu. They used to be on the first night and they changed them to elegant night (which IS stupid).

They did take the shrimp cocktail off the every day menu but they put it back on shortly after all the outrage.

Not sure if the chateau briand was changed... I've never tried it.

John Heald did say a little while ago that the menus were going to have a change in the coming months didn't he? Or was I dreaming. :confused:

You weren't dreaming. He also indicated that they will be revamping the chef's table menu. I so hope they make it similar to the first chef's table menu.

I didn't realize that

They did change some of the regular items at same time. Did go with some cheaper cuts of meat and removed veal parm from menu.

You weren't dreaming. He also indicated that they will be revamping the chef's table menu. I so hope they make it similar to the first chef's table menu.

I have to agree with the Chef's Table needing to be changed. I can go along with not having major changes with the regular menu but people who go to the Chef's table expect a new experience. I did the Chef's table in Nov on the Legend and if the menu is the same on the Splendor this Sept I will not bother. The meal was great, I had a fabulous time but I go for the experience to try foods I have never done and probably won't do again.

I have to agree with the Chef's Table needing to be changed. I can go along with not having major changes with the regular menu but people who go to the Chef's table expect a new experience. I did the Chef's table in Nov on the Legend and if the menu is the same on the Splendor this Sept I will not bother. The meal was great, I had a fabulous time but I go for the experience to try foods I have never done and probably won't do again.

We've done the Chet's table twice...different menu each time...even though we enjoyed it probably won't do it again unless they chang the menu:). Btw...I like the first menu better than the second one!

Archived