Updated Dry-Dock Schedule

What is a level 3 Serenity upgrade? I'm a little lost...lol

Sent from my VS840 4G using Forums mobile app

When the Sunshine was upgraded she received a 3 deck Serenity.

http://dynamictravelvacations.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Carnival-Sunshine-Serenity-Rendering.jpg

Edited by spencercoop

It seems like there are 7 ships, according to your schedule, that will have 14 day dry docks. If they do not receive the added redundancies, I will be SHOCKED.

The ships that will be receiving 14 day dry docks are...

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Elation

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Legend

Carnival Paradise

Carnival Sensation

This makes me also believe that it only takes two weeks to add the "added redundancies"

What are these added redundancies everyone keeps mentioning? I am interested in the Imagination DryDock

I put together a dry-dock schedule for all of the Carnival ships. The schedule includes the last known dry-dock and the upcoming dry-dock (if one is scheduled) for each ship.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

The schedule does not have what all of the ships are getting because this information has not yet been made public for all ships. I compiled the information using Carnival's website, go CCL, and John Heald's Blog/Facebook.

And of course, the information is subject to change (Carnival can change their mind!)

Let me know what you think! Hope this helps someone!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That was an excellent post. It took time I know. If I was grading your post on appearance...homework done....accuracy of information and layout...'A"+.

thanks.

What are these added redundancies everyone keeps mentioning? I am interested in the Imagination DryDock

Here is the press release about the extra safety features they are adding to their ships.

http://carnival-news.com/2013/04/17/carnival-cruise-lines-announces-fleetwide-300-million-program-to-enhance-operating-reliability-and-guest-comfort/

I would live to know when paradise its going in for her drydock...fingers crossed for out being before my cruise in January! :thumbup:

Unfortunately the dry dock is not until 2/12/15 - 2/26/15.

It seems like there are 7 ships, according to your schedule, that will have 14 day dry docks. If they do not receive the added redundancies, I will be SHOCKED.

The ships that will be receiving 14 day dry docks are...

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Elation

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Legend

Carnival Paradise

Carnival Sensation

This makes me also believe that it only takes two weeks to add the "added redundancies"

I want my 2.0 in Inspiration!

So when is the Paradise sure for a drydock? I have a cruise planned January 25th and was wondering if we were going to have anything me to look forward to on the ship. Not that I would not be happy getting on the ship just the way she is but waterworks sure would be nice :D along with a few new bars ;):beer:

Right now Go CCL (Travel Agent site) only reports dates. No info yet on upgrades or changes, if any.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/PA_FactSheet.htm

There are rumors that the Freedom will receive more than the ordinary 2.0 upgrades. That is, there are rumors that the Freedom will receive a Waterworks and a Skycourse. I believe these rumors that she will receive this because a 49 or 50 day dry dock is very unordinary...

We are in the planning stages of a family cruise for Jan or Feb 2015 and would be interested in the Freedom because of the itinerary. I am not all that familiar with what the 2.0 upgrades are, so possibly someone can enlighten me on that. I'm assuming it would include Guy's, or am I incorrect on that. Since we would be taking our grandchildren, the WaterWorks and Skycourse would be of interest to them. I know these are just rumors, but would be curious to know if the WaterWorks would be similar to that of Breeze, Dream or Sunshine or just an updated larger slide. I guess just have to stayed glued to these boards and wait and see. Hopefully, something will be made official soon.

We are in the planning stages of a family cruise for Jan or Feb 2015 and would be interested in the Freedom because of the itinerary. I am not all that familiar with what the 2.0 upgrades are, so possibly someone can enlighten me on that. I'm assuming it would include Guy's, or am I incorrect on that. Since we would be taking our grandchildren, the WaterWorks and Skycourse would be of interest to them. I know these are just rumors, but would be curious to know if the WaterWorks would be similar to that of Breeze, Dream or Sunshine or just an updated larger slide. I guess just have to stayed glued to these boards and wait and see. Hopefully, something will be made official soon.

The 2.0 upgrades do include Guy's Burgers. But the Skycourse and the WaterWorks are just upgrades. If the Freedom does in fact get a WaterWorks park added, it should be somewhat similar to the ships that have one.

Thanks so much for you hard work. It's an awesome schedule and I know it took time and research to compile.

We are scheduled to sail on the Carnival Legend 2-23-14 one week after it comes out of drydock on 2-16-14.....didn't know that when booking...does anyone know what the chances are that this might get delayed thus cancelling our cruise? I have yet to book air fare and we have the insurance so I'm covered..just curious as we are taking our two daughters with us...one who has never cruised and one who just wants to get away from our Ohio winters to veg and soak up some sunshine;)

Thanks so much for you hard work. It's an awesome schedule and I know it took time and research to compile.

We are scheduled to sail on the Carnival Legend 2-23-14 one week after it comes out of drydock on 2-16-14.....didn't know that when booking...does anyone know what the chances are that this might get delayed thus cancelling our cruise? I have yet to book air fare and we have the insurance so I'm covered..just curious as we are taking our two daughters with us...one who has never cruised and one who just wants to get away from our Ohio winters to veg and soak up some sunshine;)

If I had to guess, I would say that you would be ok. Just a guess, but I honestly think the ship will be ready for you on 2-23.

The 2.0 upgrades do include Guy's Burgers. But the Skycourse and the WaterWorks are just upgrades. If the Freedom does in fact get a WaterWorks park added, it should be somewhat similar to the ships that have one.

It would be nice if the Freedom does get the Waterworks park added. Maybe get rid of the retractable roof?

Does anyone know what is going on with the Pride?? No dry dock for January 2014? I wonder why??

Pride's 2.0 dry docking has been postponed until after November, 2014 when she shall cease sailing from Baltimore. It will be completed, however, before she moves to her new home port of Tampa.