Updated Dry-Dock Schedule

They updating their electrical and engine rooms so that if there is a fire in an engine room, there are 'redundant' systems to run the hotel services and minimum propulsion so the ship is not completely dead in the water. It's a safety and comfort thing for passengers, to avoid the latest Triumph and older Splendor problems.

This makes me so happy the Imagination is being done 2 weeks prior to our cruise!!

Anyone know if the Liberty got all of that done yet or was it done when 2.0 happened as well as any of the newer ships or ships with 2.0?

This makes me so happy the Imagination is being done 2 weeks prior to our cruise!!

Anyone know if the Liberty got all of that done yet or was it done when 2.0 happened as well as any of the newer ships or ships with 2.0?

The Liberty did not receive the added redundancies.

They didn't start adding the added redundancies to the ships until after the Triumph incident.

The Sunshine and Triumph are the only two ships with all of the redundancies. The Breeze has all except a 2nd emergency generator which she is receiving soon.

The Liberty did not receive the added redundancies.

They didn't start adding the added redundancies to the ships until after the Triumph incident.

The Sunshine and Triumph are the only two ships with all of the redundancies. The Breeze has all except a 2nd emergency generator which she is receiving soon.

Info sounds right!

I've noticed the Pride has no sailings scheduled from 10/19/14 to 11/9/14. Maybe it will get its drydock before leaving Baltimore.

This is kind of what I've been thinking because of the gaps in sail dates, but since there is no official information I am weary to post it.

Edited by thecruiserofships

I put together a dry-dock schedule for all of the Carnival ships. The schedule includes the last known dry-dock and the upcoming dry-dock (if one is scheduled) for each ship.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

The schedule does not have what all of the ships are getting because this information has not yet been made public for all ships. I compiled the information using Carnival's website, go CCL, and John Heald's Blog/Facebook.

And of course, the information is subject to change (Carnival can change their mind!)

Let me know what you think! Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for the info.

This is kind of what I've been thinking because of the gaps in sail dates, but since there is no official information I am weary to post it.

It looks like that is the correct drydock period for the Pride.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/pride/pride.ashx and click on Fact Sheet.

Edited by spencercoop

Any update on what Freedom will be getting during her 5-week drydock in the spring?

I went ahead and booked her for October 2014 -- price was really good, esp. for a ship that will hopefully have some newer upgrades.

We are booked on the Freedom next summer so we excited to see what's going to be offered. Hopefully Carnival will have a press release soon.

I put together a dry-dock schedule for all of the Carnival ships. The schedule includes the last known dry-dock and the upcoming dry-dock (if one is scheduled) for each ship.

The schedule does not have what all of the ships are getting because this information has not yet been made public for all ships. I compiled the information using Carnival's website, go CCL, and John Heald's Blog/Facebook.

And of course, the information is subject to change (Carnival can change their mind!)

GREAT post. I am taking my daughter, SIL and almost 4 yr. old GD on their first cruise in March. We live in Jax. So...seeing that they were refurbished last January....has made my decision. Fascination. Small ship. We have sailed it before and liked it. No long drive for the Grandchild. Stops are.......Stirrup Cay. Beach day for all of them. plus they like to snorkel. And Nassau. Ditto. snorkeling. Two sea days with Granny and papa to babysit. We do love our children....do we not? and our grandbabies.

Thanks a million.

Your dates for the Carnival Freedom dry dock are incorrect

Wow! I love your website! I am sharing it with me newcomers-to-cruising friends. Thank you for putting this together. :)

Your dates for the Carnival Freedom dry dock are incorrect

Thank you for letting me know! I will research this.

This is where I got my information from:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/FD_FactSheet.htm

The booking engine is showing these dates as being blocked off. I did a mock booking and could not get any cruises in late March, none in April, or none in early May. The booking engine aligns with what I have, but the dates I have could still be incorrect because plans could change and just not be shown yet.

Thank you for letting me know and I will continue to research this!

Edited by thecruiserofships

Thank you for letting me know! I will research this.

This is where I got my information from:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/FD_FactSheet.htm

The booking engine is showing these dates as being blocked off. I did a mock booking and could not get any cruises in late March, none in April, or none in early May. The booking engine aligns with what I have, but the dates I have could still be incorrect because plans could change and just not be shown yet.

Thank you for letting me know and I will continue to research this!

No problem. If you do a mock booking for the Freedom, the first cruiser after dry dock is for May 18 2014

Edited by FunintheSun0