Updated Dry-Dock Schedule

John Heald said on his blog this week that the Fantasy class ships are NOT scheduled for 2.0 Upgrades

He said the inspiration or imagination wasn't. That was what the poster asked. One would think that the paradise and elation will receive some kind of 2.0 since they are long over due.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Where did he say that? I can't find it through the blog or Facebook.

Thank you!

It was his last blog. The poster said he loved the fantasy class and specifically asked about the imagination. John responded that the imagination wouldn't be getting 2.0 but didn't mention the others in the class.

It was his last blog. The poster said he loved the fantasy class and specifically asked about the imagination. John responded that the imagination wouldn't be getting 2.0 but didn't mention the others in the class.

here's the post

Mark asks:

Hi John,

I have not had a chance to experience the 2.0 upgrades. I like the Fantasy-class ships, any plans to put Guy’s burgers or BlueIguana Cantina on the Imagination? Sailing in October.

John says:

Hello Mark,

I do hope that one day you get to enjoy a brilliant Guy’s burger and all the other 2.0 upgrades. However, for now there are no plans to add them to the Carnival Imagination, I am afraid, but there are lots of great features on that ship and I am sure though that you will have a brilliant time. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I wish you loads of fun. Best wishes.

John

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2013/08/23/a-blog-with-no-sodding-title-because-its-645am-and-i-cant-think-of-one/

here's the post

Mark asks:

Hi John,

I have not had a chance to experience the 2.0 upgrades. I like the Fantasy-class ships, any plans to put Guy’s burgers or BlueIguana Cantina on the Imagination? Sailing in October.

John says:

Hello Mark,

I do hope that one day you get to enjoy a brilliant Guy’s burger and all the other 2.0 upgrades. However, for now there are no plans to add them to the Carnival Imagination, I am afraid, but there are lots of great features on that ship and I am sure though that you will have a brilliant time. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I wish you loads of fun. Best wishes.

John

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2013/08/23/a-blog-with-no-sodding-title-because-its-645am-and-i-cant-think-of-one/

Thank you!

When we booked the Elation while sailing the Paradise a few days ago, we saw on the computer on the Future Cruise Desk that the Elation will be in dry-dock from 9/25/14 to 10/5/14.

We verified this on the Carnival booking engine later; there are no cruises available for those dates.

When we went to the future cruise seminar, the guy doing it said all of the ships will be getting all of the upgrades eventually... not sure what he was referring to exactly though.

When we booked the Elation while sailing the Paradise a few days ago, we saw on the computer on the Future Cruise Desk that the Elation will be in dry-dock from 9/25/14 to 10/5/14.

We verified this on the Carnival booking engine later; there are no cruises available for those dates.

When we went to the future cruise seminar, the guy doing it said all of the ships will be getting all of the upgrades eventually... not sure what he was referring to exactly though.

One would think that they would finaly upgrade the staterooms. Don't know if they could accomplish that in 2 weeks though.

What are "added redundancies"?

Doing things that have already been done (isn't that the definition of redundant?)

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle (after 10-2-13) and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

Pride's 2.0 dry docking has been postponed until after November, 2014 when she shall cease sailing from Baltimore. It will be completed, however, before she moves to her new home port of Tampa.

There us a three week break in schedule at the end of Oct 2014 then back on the schedule for Baltimore for a couple of weeks before the two transit sailings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know what Legend is getting during dry dock? We are looking at a March 2014 cruise after the dry dock in February.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

http://carnival-news.com/2013/08/05/carnival-legend-to-operate-13-day-panama-canal-cruise-23-day-trans-pacific-cruise-prior-to-start-up-of-australian-service/

This press release includes some details. Hope this helps!

Thank you! My kids will love that it's getting a new slide and other "water" aspects. They enjoyed waterworks on the Dream and Ecstasy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

What are "added redundancies"?

They updating their electrical and engine rooms so that if there is a fire in an engine room, there are 'redundant' systems to run the hotel services and minimum propulsion so the ship is not completely dead in the water. It's a safety and comfort thing for passengers, to avoid the latest Triumph and older Splendor problems.

Edited by cathyz