Cabin Decoration Issues

I would be disappointed too. Celebrate Love is not an acceptable substitute for Honeymoon or Just Married. I'm glad you stood firm and got your money refunded!

what is your rationale for that? I find nothing wrong with the wording especially since so many people CANNOT get married legally yet in America.

and for that matter lots of people choose to not get married at all for whatever reason.

isn't the whole point of a honeymoon to celebrate your love?

This past June we did a Celebrity cruise to Alaska for my Grandson's 13th birthday. I purchase the Kid's Birthday decorations and all we got was this dumb table topper with Happy Birthday ribbons and a day bag. No streamers, no door sign, nothing. That was the worst $30+ I ever spent!

I would have been VERY upset if I had not received what I ordered and paid for. My SIL got a door sign, streamers, some table top decorations. It was very nice. This was on RCI though, not Celebrity.

Sorry to the OP that she did not receive what she ordered. That is very disappointing.

what is your rationale for that? I find nothing wrong with the wording especially since so many people CANNOT get married legally yet in America.

and for that matter lots of people choose to not get married at all for whatever reason.

I disagree with you :-)

The point is that I ordered decorations that were marketed as "Just Married"...I have seen them in the past and the door sign says JM and the inside decorations have wedding bells and other wedding related things.

I don't really care about who can or can't get married in America yet...the fact is my son did get legally married and I, in good faith, bought a product that was advertised as JUST MARRIED decorations, and didn't get what I ordered. False advertising on Royal's part. :rolleyes:

Actually America has nothing to do with it...they got married in Bermuda :D

Edited by green eyed lady

This is just what I thought...the are doing the celebrate love decorations since they can use them for more than one occasion...wedding, honeymoon, anniversary. Yet if you go to order them, they are still separate item numbers...one for JM and one for anniversary...yet you're getting the same product :rolleyes:

We also got that one this year for our anniversary !! On previous years we got the old anniversary ones did not matter to us because it was lovely to have our cabin decorated plus we took most of it home !! :)

Glad you got the refund. I understand they are trying to please everyone but then, the web page needs to be adjusted accordingly. The Birthday and the Bon Voyage are still great and bring lots of aahhhs and ooohhhhs from everyone. And with the cost of airline baggage, I think the cost is fair to have the cruise line take care of everything.

I've ordered and seen both a Birthday and Anniversary decoration package for my wife on 2 different ships.

Both were nicely done and certainly worth the nominal amount they charge for these optional services.

Since these are indeed optional...its a personal choice whether or not to do them. In my case, both were a surprise for my wife and well received.

2021556377_022413SanJuan8BoardedCabinArrival.jpg.38663c597e25dbaf2872806a31853916.jpg

1079774921_022413SanJuan9BoardedCabinArrival.jpg.4dee3dd1eae6ab721feb6e6a270a13b3.jpg

165134131_021412U50StThomasANNIVERSARYCABINDECOR.jpg.1b31227ec8b5418df184016eed87067a.jpg

120900998_021412T48StThomasANNIVERSARYCABINDECOR.jpg.51c55c6fbd17c9f4393bfb6cbb28f5c4.jpg

I've ordered and seen both a Birthday and Anniversary decoration package for my wife on 2 different ships.

Both were nicely done and certainly worth the nominal amount they charge for these optional services.

Since these are indeed optional...its a personal choice whether or not to do them. In my case, both were a surprise for my wife and well received.

Yes this is what we were expecting them to get...except it would say Just Married. I got the birthday ones last year and loved them. :D Totally worth the price if you get what you ordered. ;)

In October I am taking my parents on an RCI cruise to celebrate their Golden Wedding. Unlike the birthday decorations for my children where I didn't feel I could justify the cost I was hoping to arrange something for them.

I know my mother would hate the "celebrate love" theme with red hearts. I just wondered if anyone knows if this is now definitely the only package available for anniversaries on all ships or is it being rolled out and I might stand a chance of getting the nice decorations shown in the photo on this thread.

I have just had a look on the RCI site and they are still listing them as separate items but when I click on the photogallery button to have a look it tells me the page is no longer available.

Do you mean this page..?

jenaza2y.jpg

y2e7epe7.jpg

OP, I'm sorry you didn't get what you ordered and am glad to hear that RC refunded your money promptly.

I'm also glad you posted this as I hadn't considered these decorations. This will be my Beloved's first cruise (and the 6th month anniversary of us living together) and I love the idea of decorations.

Does anyone know how low the decorations hang from the ceiling? Beloved is 6'4" tall and he won't want to spend all week ducking his head.

Do you mean this page..?

jenaza2y.jpg

y2e7epe7.jpg

That's what I was looking for but the link for me only gives : http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/content/pdf/stateroom-decoration-photo-gallery.pdf

I wonder if it is something to do with the UK site? I think the ones shown in the picture are lovely and I know my parents would really like them. Now I am not sure what to do!

That's what I was looking for but the link for me only gives : http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/content/pdf/stateroom-decoration-photo-gallery.pdf

I wonder if it is something to do with the UK site? I think the ones shown in the picture are lovely and I know my parents would really like them. Now I am not sure what to do!

I used the UK site http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/content/pdf/Stateroom%20Decoration%20Photo%20Gallery.pdf

I've ordered the anniversary ones for next week, not to fussed if they are a bit naf, its just a bit of fun and should go well with the grand romance package which is all a surprise for my wife ..:D

OP, I'm sorry you didn't get what you ordered and am glad to hear that RC refunded your money promptly.

I'm also glad you posted this as I hadn't considered these decorations. This will be my Beloved's first cruise (and the 6th month anniversary of us living together) and I love the idea of decorations.

Does anyone know how low the decorations hang from the ceiling? Beloved is 6'4" tall and he won't want to spend all week ducking his head.

My birthday ones were mostly over the bed so I don't think that would be a problem. The other thing that hangs from the ceiling was a one piece thing about the size of a disco ball and that was over the sofa.

My birthday ones were mostly over the bed so I don't think that would be a problem. The other thing that hangs from the ceiling was a one piece thing about the size of a disco ball and that was over the sofa.

I guess for your birthday you're lucky you didn't get one that said:

CELEBRATE AGE :eek::D

Our son and daughter in law are going on a cruise over Christmas for their belated honeymoon. I have decided that instead of decorations, I will get them the champagne & chocolate covered strawberries for their cabin. I think that is more romantic than decorations.

• 6 months later...
okay you got me there.. ;)

except.. what do people who elope have as an excuse?! :p

the excuse is... you can celebrate love for the rest of your life, but you can only celebrate "Just Married" when you... just married... once, hopefully no second and third time lol.

Hey, anyone know the different between Honeymoon decoration vs Just Married decoration?

Thanks

the excuse is... you can celebrate love for the rest of your life, but you can only celebrate "Just Married" when you... just married... once, hopefully no second and third time lol.

Hey, anyone know the different between Honeymoon decoration vs Just Married decoration?

Thanks

I don't think there is a difference. I think you will get Celebrate Love no matter what the occasion...honeymoon, just married, anniversary :eek:

Thanks

We ordered the honeymoon ones and received Celebrate Love (valentine's day in August!)