TV and Film Eclipse

Priya2

Could someone tell me what, if any, TV channels there are in the Staterooms on the Eclipse (beside the Celebrity stuff)? I have so far only been on a 7 night cruise on the Century and didn't feel the need for TV. I have a 14 night Caribbean cruise booked on the Eclipse now (so exciting) and suspect that there might be occasions when slumping in front if the TV for an hour would be an option. Also, I do like a movie fix. Does the ship have any form of cinema (I can't see anything suggesting there is)? if not are there pay per view movies? If so, what is the cost?

What they show is very limited due to what they claim is the satellite availability. The last time that we sailed we were in Bermuda for 3 days and still got the same nothing. It appears as it there are two news channels if you want to call them that. One channel is pro democrat and the other pro republican. When they aren't complaining or praising they are beating a subject to death.

They also show programs that originate on the ship and give information about the ports, shopping, ship board dining, and etc. The TV programs are like going to the muster drill, it is just something to have on and you don't pay any attention. They do show some movies. The only problem is being there when they start. It is like cable was before they came up with the record option. You keep seeing different parts of the movie but never the whole thing from the beginning to the end. You may eventually see the whole thing but not in order, you see it like they made it, separate scenes that are then pieced together.

What they show is very limited due to what they claim is the satellite availability. The last time that we sailed we were in Bermuda for 3 days and still got the same nothing. It appears as it there are two news channels if you want to call them that. One channel is pro democrat and the other pro republican. When they aren't complaining or praising they are beating a subject to death.

Right on, the 2 US parties have got so bad over the past 20 years....their platforms exist to justify fund raising. It's a shame that so many good folks get so caught up in it and watch that propaganda.

Just home from Summit:

TBS

TNT

ESPN

BBC

SKY NEWS

FOX NEWS

CNN

X shows....(repeat of shows on board)

CD speaks.....

I know I am missing a few (can't think of the others)

but I do know the above channels were available.

Right on, the 2 US parties have got so bad over the past 20 years....their platforms exist to justify fund raising. It's a shame that so many good folks get so caught up in it and watch that propaganda.

Sadly, its important to take a critical mind to watching the Sky News and even the BBC these days. Sky of course, owned by Murdoch. All of his media have always taken a political stance. The BBC used to be our 'go to', but since Blair's Government went after it and gone rid of the very popular Director General Greg Dike, it has been cowed (the very thing he warned the staff against in his parting speech)! :(

There were lots of free on-demand movies--we always had something to watch when returning to our stateroom late in the evening.

I can confirm this, and they are in accessed through a different menu option than regular TV. Which may be why the earlier poster described the non- on demand movies on the regular channels.

I can confirm this, and they are in accessed through a different menu option than regular TV. Which may be why the earlier poster described the non- on demand movies on the regular channels.

You're probably right--they are kind of hard to find and you have to drill down through the menus a bit.

On our TA, I wanted to watch Skyfall when it was being shown one afternoon in the theatre. I had to miss something else I had wanted to do; when it was over, someone mentioned that I could have just watched it on the TV in my room for free! Oh, well. . .

You posted ONCE on Reflection 12/7 cruise...we're the OTHER Noles from Tally...drop me a note at malg1 at yahoo dot com if you want to try to meet pre-cruise:)...or are you no longer booked on 12/7 Reflection:confused:

Let me throw this question out there. Are there music channels so that you can maybe listen to some soft jazz or whatever floats your boar while sitting on the balcony watching the world float by?:D

Thats a lovely idea, but I bet there aren't. I recommend some small travel speakers plugged into an Ipod/smartphone/ Ipad etc!

Archived