Why is an aft cabin so good?

Esilef

just checked and room 9256 opened up so i called and we switched.

We were fine with 8168, but 9256 was available this morning just sitting there so i jumped on it.

This will be first time to aruba, bonaire and curacao so we would be happy with any room, but could not resist switching. It was calling my name :).

Thanks again for all the info and great pics.

Enjoy the day.

lucky you!!!!!

That "space" is a little used "ladder" as the ships stairs are called. I have a photo of the "space" on my Jewel Southern review (linked in my sig) in one of the early posts about the aft corner on 8. You can see the stairs go up (to deck 9) and down (to deck7) so that is what lives in those spaces.

I say little used because there is no elevator, and therefore the room stewards cannot easily move laundry, dishes, carts etc through the area, and are more likely to use the mid ship crew elevator and stairs and storage areas. We never heard a peep from the area, and it is off limits to pax, labeled crew only, but it would only be used by a crew person is moving up and down for some reason with nothing to lug. (Maybe a repair person, or supervisor?)

We have used them:p They are crews stairs. We went up them all the time to get up to deck 10 where our buds were...nobody ever used them so we were never caught...but don't any of you do it!:rolleyes:

Loving this thread! We are booked for thanksgiving week on Freedom OTS rear aft in a Junior Suite cabin 1706 (center aft). Soooo excited! On other ships decks 2 and 6 I have felt the vibrations people have mentioned. I am willing to overlook this for the location, room & balcony size, and being our first balcony! Hopefully the negatives won't be an issue on this ship! ;)

• 1 year later...

We were in cabin 1690 and with the larger deck and different view we thought we had a great week ahead of us however it was not to be. The cabin next to us, 1688, was used each night for loud parties with smoke of questionable content, loud voices, vulgarity, etc. On night two we had to call security at 2:30am to quell the disturbance. It took security over 25 minutes to respond. We were informed the next morning that the occupants were "counselled" by guest relations but were also informed that the partiers were told that we were the ones making the complaint. They continued to have the light on all night long and had gatherings almost every night, not as loud but still more than we have ever encounter in our previous 20 plus cruises so we basically stayed off the balcony in the evening for the remainder of the cruise. We have since read that these cabins are notorious for attracting this level of clientele, is this true?

I can't wait for our first aft next month on Navigator! I snagged 1694 a couple of weeks ago, and am keeping it a surprise for hubby! Don't know if I can hold out for another seven weeks without telling him!! :D Any more photos of these deck 10 junior suites on Voyager Class ships would be sincerely appreciated!

We loved cabin 1700 on Freedom so much we booked it for Liberty, would of booked 1700 on Independence but health issue with wife stroke she needs an electric scooter to get around, door on 1700 is not wide enough for a scooter, so we booked the accessible stateroom 1628 on Independence.

besides having a post in the room for ship support it was never in the way the post was located near the corner of the bed, the balcony was awesome!!

• 5 months later...

This is my first time cruising with an aft cabin....very excited! We took our 1/2 off from our last nightmare cruise (we were on the anthem of the seas this past February in the huge storm). Anyways... We thought we would use that discount and get an aft cabin for the first time... We are booked on the independence of the seas for next February in a corner aft 9404. Very excited! I've seen a few pictures

Sent from my iPad using Forums