Why is an aft cabin so good?

Esilef

I booked an Aft cabin on the Freedom 7th deck...my cabin was right next to the corner cabin suite with the wrap around balcony...I have always stayed in regular balcony cabins, I booked this one at the direction of a Carnival Agent...I was so very upset when I entered that cabin...it was so much smaller, there was no couch, so we didn't have that extra drawer storage space...the counter was only the size of the mirror, So no room to when trying to use as a vanity and other things at the same time...My brother was in the cabin right next to me (actually we had 4 aft cabins lined up) but mine was the only one at such a small size..my balcony was much smaller than the others too. I would like to stay in one that is bigger...maybe I will try again

We've been in an aft stateroom on Serenade of the Seas & Grandeur of the Seas. I believe we've been on a couple more but they escape me at the moment. We love the room, the view of the wake, especially when departing port and the quiet. Our family aft stateroom was fabulous and we enjoyed every moment out there with our family, getting ready for dinner, taking sunset shots or just mellowing out. We've never been bothered with soot or noise and the extra footsteps are fine too.

We love afts, have had them several cruises. no soot, no noise, just relaxing and beautiful views. you get to see both sides of wherever you are, don't miss it if you go somewhere like Curacao where you enter a chanel with lovely things to see on both sides, or when we were in Istanbul the Queen of England was on a yacht behind us( she does carry that purse everywhere)

Did you bring that with you or is it always there. It looks devine!

Here is a guy who knows how to travel !

We just booked 7408 (Corner aft) on the Freedom for Jan 26 '14 and I can't wait to try it out. Our last cruise on the Freedom we were in 7368 and felt vibrations.. You are on a ship on the ocean.. you will feel something.

We have had many corner aft cabins on many ships and love them all. Most of the balconies are big and roomy along with very little wind. During hurricane Sandy with 85 mph winds across the bow and 28 foot seas we sat quietly on our balcony without getting blown away since very little wind. Some have better coverage for sun and some no coverage whatsoever so they is a difference between ships and location. The walk is not that bad even though at times it seems long compared to on the hump. Quiet hallways and very little noise inside and out. The ride and motion in the aft is in my opinion smoother than other areas and the only vibrations were in docking with high thrusters when needed. If you like to use balcony, have a quiet location without wind then you may also like an aft cabin. One time we had a problem on an OLDER ship with some soot/dirt and I believe it was a day we were tendering to an island and trying to hold position. Otherwise always clean, calm, quiet and relaxing view both side and aft so no need to miss something if you are on the "wrong side" of the ship. The pole rooms are GREAT and even the porthole rooms (no sliding door to balcony) are nice. But I do like waking up to that aft ocean view in the morning.

I agree with you, We were on board that cruise with you, with the outer decks closed for 3 days, 30' seas and sustained winds of 70-80mph we had a lot of sea spray on our balcony, and yes, it was one he** of a ride :D

I can't wait to try the aft balcony, and now I'm going to look for a cheap hammock to hang up :D

We've had aft cabins twice before and just booked another for Feb 1, 2014 on Eclipse. The size of the balcony is marvelous. Big enough for two lounges, two chairs and a table, and they are deep enough to be sheltered from the wind and still have the marvelous view.A sunset from the back of the ship or leaving a port with the ability to see three sides at once is a memory you never forget!!!

I have stayed in aft JS 1100 on the Radiance and LOVED it :)

So excited to see you LOVED your cabin! Can you tell me more, please?

We have JS 1100 booked on the Serenade OTS ..... are they the same or similar?

What is it you LOVED about it?

Is there any shade?

I am worried the noise from the Windjammer might be an issue..... :eek:

Thanks!!!!!

REALLY NICE! One of the BEST rooms I had.

We did hear noise from WJ when someone was cleaning and dragged a table across the floor, That was it.

Hard to get use to door bell and not a knock on the door :rolleyes:

Sun and shade but again depend on time of day.

All Radiance Class the same.

1966886622_serenadeaft.jpg.f37e63b3779a21b1f397665dbf496fc3.jpg

1932065829_serenadebalcony.jpg.2b0b049bbb3f6d03d049d4734eb5b870.jpg

As I look at the number of overweight people on a cruise, maybe everyone should have a aft cabin so they can get a little excerise.

OUCH! That's not a very nice thing to say.

Since the stern balconies on Summit are very deep, the balcony was almost stifling, and we spent very little time there.

Also, stern balconies may be overseen by a bar on the deck above, and, unless they are very deep, may not be very private. For my wife and I, we'll never do a stern balcony again.

I couldn't disagree more. We had a stern balcony on the Infinity (Summit's sister) and absolutely LOVED it! This was during an Alaska cruise where we went to the bow to watch the Tracy Arm passage. Then, when the ship turned around, we raced to our aft cabin and watched it all again in reverse. It was one of the highlights of the cruise!

Plus, since the balcony is so deep, you feel like you've got a bigger cabin even though you don't. Personally, I think they are a bargain. Plus, we didn't hear much noise at all coming from the sun deck on deck 12. One of the best non-suite cabins we've ever had.

So excited to see you LOVED your cabin! Can you tell me more, please?

We have JS 1100 booked on the Serenade OTS ..... are they the same or similar?

What is it you LOVED about it?

Is there any shade?

I am worried the noise from the Windjammer might be an issue..... :eek:

Thanks!!!!!

JS 1100 is simply fabulous! The cabin is a very nice size, but it is the balcony that is magnificent. The view is unobstructed with a perfect view of the wake. We really didn't notice any noise from above us, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

As I look at the number of overweight people on a cruise, maybe everyone should have a aft cabin so they can get a little excerise. People so concerned about having to walk or need to be close to an elevator. Why.

Seriously??????

How RUDE.

JS 1100 is simply fabulous! The cabin is a very nice size, but it is the balcony that is magnificent. The view is unobstructed with a perfect view of the wake. We really didn't notice any noise from above us, I wouldn't worry about it.

AWESOME!!!!!!! So glad to hear it! I'm soooo excited!! I wasn't worried until I started reading all the reviews & people started saying they heard noise from the Windjammer....... now I will go back to just dreaming about it until it's our "turn". :D

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEW & YOUR RESPONSE!!

REALLY NICE! One of the BEST rooms I had.

We did hear noise from WJ when someone was cleaning and dragged a table across the floor, That was it.

Hard to get use to door bell and not a knock on the door :rolleyes:

Sun and shade but again depend on time of day.

All Radiance Class the same.

[ATTACH]289293[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]289294[/ATTACH]

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR RESONSE!!! I am sooo excited now! It's a long time til we sail in that cabin.... but I'll be dreaming about it until then!

We had 4 aft cabins on Celebrity Solstice in June. They opened the partitions for us. The cabin was great and the view was wonderful especially seeing the glaciers. The balconies were not covered but we had great weather. It was a long walk but we didn't mind. We are all seasoned cruisers and this was the first time my daughter-in-law, my sister and I were seasick. My daughter-in-law went to the infirmary twice and was down for 3 days. My other sister who frequently feels seasick was fine the whole trip. She was in an aqua class cabin midship. This was not my first time to Alaska. I can sympathize now with cruisers who get seasick. It wasn't fun. We have been in much rougher seas with no problem. Can only attribute it to the location of the cabin. We are on Oasis in April midship.

We booked cabin 1400 for our January 2014 Freedom cruise a couple of days ago!:) I couldn't believe it when I saw that it was available. We moved to it from a hump cabin. We either get hump or aft cabins. We saw this cabin on a cabin crawl on our first Freedom cruise. So excited. Guess that we will gets lots of exercise!

We also have an aft cabin on the Legend cruise right before the Freedom cruise. We love the larger balcony and the view.

• 2 weeks later...

The aft cabin on the Carnival Valor are smaller than other cabins. To see anything from the balcony you have to stand up. The rail blocks the view while sitting. The worst part of the balcony in the unbearable heat! There is no shade so it is like sitting in an oven, even at 6am.

We just returned from a 7 day from Puerto Rico to the Southern Caribbean. I never realized how hot it would be in October.

The aft cabin on the Carnival Valor are smaller than other cabins. To see anything from the balcony you have to stand up. The rail blocks the view while sitting. The worst part of the balcony in the unbearable heat! There is no shade so it is like sitting in an oven, even at 6am.

We just returned from a 7 day from Puerto Rico to the Southern Caribbean. I never realized how hot it would be in October.

Was it that bad? We had a wrap around aft balcony on the Victory. We left Puerto Rico also and sailed the southern Caribbean. We had plenty of shade and the lady next to us in a normal aft balcony did also. I was also able to get an excellent tan on our balcony. As a matter of fact, we have a cruise booked on the Breeze in a wrap around aft balcony for January 2015 to Jamaica! Can't wait!

Just wondering why these are now becoming prime cabins on ship on the newer boats they are becoming suites & above.

The relaxation area is so much bigger. Have a bottle of wine and some friends over and you have room to entertain. If you have a balcony on the sides of the ship, as it is moving you have wind, maybe ocean spray on the lower decks. Aft you have nothing but the view. Don't always book an aft cabin but like them. Even in port you have great views most of the time. Try it once and see for your self. Bet you'll like it.

This thread is helping me get excited about 1600 on Brilliance. We sail out November 23. It's a GC but a different configuration (more triangular) so your "counter bar" is up against a wall instead of in the middle of the room. The balcony looks fabulous in my opinion but there are lots of mixed reviews about the set up being kinda tight and awkward. I just booked it last week, and the RCI consultant said they just had a cancellation on that room because it's usually booked a year in advance. We of course grabbed it, but was discouraged when I read the bad reviews. We aren't veteran cruisers (this only being our 4th cruise and 1st in a suite), so I'm figuring it's going to wonderful. The elevator is a little far but the stairs are really close and we like to do stairs on cruises to help walk off the extra lbs we are adding in the dining room. :) Thanks for getting me excited again about the corner aft!