Why is an aft cabin so good?

Esilef

On our upcoming cruise we have 4 aft roms in a row. It will be our first aft JS and I hope we like it. The family is almost ready to go. We may ask to open the partitions between our balconies.

Carnival will open the partitions ...royal will not :mad:

I agree with the above. Quiet location, less ship movement, great views, and if you're in an area with a lot of suites you will likely get a more experienced stateroom attendant.

EDIT: ...I'll go ahead and post the pic yet again :) If you can snag 1400 or 1700 on a Freedom Class Ship, this is your morning coffee view...

1400_ahh.jpg

Wow, Great Picture!!!

I'm not sure why they are so good, but I will find out in Dec. on the Explorer. After changing cabins from an inside to an aft balcony, at a lower price, I have changed my aft cabin 4 times and finally snagged the corner aft #7688 today. I know that cabin is hard to get and don't know who gave it up, but I thank them. That is the one I have wanted all along. So, I am a happy girl. I don't mind the long walk. I love it. I can eat more.:p

I have seen an aft cabin before on a cabin crawl and I loved it then, so only hope I will love it when I am staying in one. I think I will. ;)

Gwen :)

http://youtu.be/GXnc5niFFSA

Here is Cabin 1100 on the Radiance. It's a junior suite with a jagunda balcony. I'll add 9256.....corner aft one deck below.

Aft are great and CORNER afts seems to be the most coveted.

We sailed in 1688 on the Explorer...corner aft and mirror to 1388. Only 2 on the ship. Priced as a D1, it's half again bigger with a big-big-bring 20 of your best friends big balcony. The cabin has lots of odd angles but we loved it.

http://youtu.be/-OxORckqyXg. - cabin 1388-mirror to our 1688 - cabin

- 1688 balcony

DH has sailed in nothing but aft facing balcony cabins.

You are insulated from bad weather. Our last cruise on the Brilliance we cruised into 60 mph winds forward of the beam (midship). Only reason we knew, the waves had kicked up and we checked the bridge cam channel. We had been on the balcony enjoying the end of our day. The next day people on the weather side of the ship complained they could not stand to open balcony doors.

The Quantum will have the big loft suites aft.....boo.

We love seeing everything on both sides of the ship.

Ah, who am I kidding. We love the big balcony.

Radiance Class

http://youtu.be/zfqWFQ0tvFg. - cabin 1104, D1 aft

http://youtu.be/fG-L_Dl-chc. - cabin 9256 - D1 aft corner

Edited by Donut23

We had an aft cabin on the Indy this year. I thought it was o.k. I had a hard time with the vibration. i woke up every morning with the feeling like my brains were scrambled. The soot on a few days was bad. The walk did not bother me as someone else said it made me feel better when I ordered deserts. I do not think i would book another one but can understand why some people love them for the view.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from my cruise in an aft cabin on Splendour of the Seas. I can say the aft was wonderful! I remember reading about the noise and the first night I was a bit nervous as the vibration was very strong and loud. But later I learned it was like that for everyone on the ship that night! We were 2.5 hours late leaving Venice (due to circumstances not under RCCL's control) so I think the Capt was pushing the ship to make up some time.

After that - the aft was awesome. It was very quiet. I did get a bit of soot a couple times - but I just wiped it easily off the lounge and chair.

The aft balcony was large enough that I had two lounges, two chairs and a table.

I will most definitely book an aft again - at least on this class ship!

After reading these reviews I am now even more excited for my aft balcony 7690 on NOS in Oct! I guess that's a few deck below Windjammer so I'm hoping that's not an issue.

We have 7688 on the NOS for the 3 weeks in November and have sailed in same cabin # on Voyager & Mariner for every transatlantic:D

Absolutely love the aft.

Windjammer has no bearing whatsoever on deck 7

What else can I say...this is 7388 on Navigator. (7388 and 7688 are the same corner afts on Voyager class ships.) DH found a lightweight hammock, and we both loved it!

Nav7388balcony.jpg

Did you bring that with you or is it always there. It looks devine!

We've done 3 afts out of our 8 cruises and I have to tell you that the Freedom aft (we had a royal family suite) was extremely disappointing.

The superstructure and lack of privacy just took away a ton of the allure of the aft cabins. Our first for example was on Legend (Carnival) - I honestly forget the other one, may have been Norwegian... - and it was just bliss looking straight into the wake... instead of having these metal beams all over the place

I would definitely book aft again but I will absolutely avoid freedom-class afts at a minimum!

recently booked 1388 for next year on explorer. love the idea of bigger room and balcony, especially the loungers, can we say nap outside!! we had a side balcony on the enchant and it was small, although can't complain too much, free upgrade from oceanview deck 3 to deck 8!! but I will be enjoying my out door time!

It was fantastic (1100 Brilliance of the seas) have another aft booked on the Legend for our Panama Canal cruise next year now that should have some awesome views.

Panama Canal cruise is a perfect cruise for Aft (Stern) cabin. Great for sea days and while going through locks, especially if you have a aft/side cabin where you can get an even wider view.

You will though want to be all over the ship to get a lot of different perspectives of the canal/locks as you go through them.

We like aft cabins on long (14/15) caribbean cruises that have warm sea days to lay out and enjoy the wake for hours. :)