Why is an aft cabin so good?

Esilef

THANK YOU!! Loved the review & the pics! I'm even more excited now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You won't be disappointed, you will have TWO loungers!! Any of those aft corners on Radiance Class are pretty great!! Glad the review was helpful!:D

Our next one is a Voyager class corner, which has that neat "porthole" on the balcony; there is more super structure on those aft balconies, but we prefer the shade anyway! The radiance class are so panoramic...beautiful!!

Edited by Familygoboston

You won't be disappointed, you will have TWO loungers!! Any of those aft corners on Radiance Class are pretty great!! Glad the review was helpful!:D

Our next one is a Voyager class corner, which has that neat "porthole" on the balcony; there is more super structure on those aft balconies, but we prefer the shade anyway! The radiance class are so panoramic...beautiful!!

Yeah... After learning about the corner afts on the Voyager Class, I planned to book one on the Navigator since she was sailing out of Galveston... But now I hear she's leaving in the spring & they are bringing in a Freedom Class....

Just got done reading all the great info on aft balconies. Thank you!

We just booked 8168 on Serenade Of The Seas Dec 14 - 23 , 2015.

First aft so excited.

Thanks again everyone.

Well! Awesome! We have it Feb 26-Mar 18, 2016!! Come back & tell me how wonderful it was!!

Anyone got any recent pictures of 9404 on the freedom, I know it's one with a window and door but would love to see pictures of the balcony size, also are s one aft not on the back part of ship?, looking at availability of my sailing a lots of cabins put as aft but on the sides towards the back??

Thanks for replies

We usually get half way to the elevator and the DW discovers that she forgot something. I get to go back for it. See how it works, we share. She gets to remember and I get to fetch.

Ha ha! Love that teamwork!

Just got done reading all the great info on aft balconies. Thank you!

We just booked 8168 on Serenade Of The Seas Dec 14 - 23 , 2015.

First aft so excited.

Thanks again everyone.

Just checked and room 9256 opened up so I called and we switched.

We were fine with 8168, but 9256 was available this morning just sitting there so I jumped on it.

This will be first time to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao so we would be happy with any room, but could not resist switching. It was calling my name :).

Thanks again for all the info and great pics.

Enjoy the day.

We were fine with 8168, but 9256 was available this morning just sitting there so I jumped on it.

This will be first time to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao so we would be happy with any room, but could not resist switching. It was calling my name :).

Enjoy the day.

Nice grab! Congrats! You are going to be spoiled for life! ha ha ha!

Dolfans from Miami

Enjoy the day.

Take it when you can or someone else will.

I just upgraded to Js 1694 on Adventure Ta from a D1 on deck 10.

Double points and an Aft....Result

On the deck plans it shows and empty space next to 7172. What is that?

Thank you, I know this is from an old post.

That "space" is a little used "ladder" as the ships stairs are called. I have a photo of the "space" on my Jewel Southern review (linked in my sig) in one of the early posts about the aft corner on 8. You can see the stairs go up (to deck 9) and down (to deck7) so that is what lives in those spaces.

I say little used because there is no elevator, and therefore the room stewards cannot easily move laundry, dishes, carts etc through the area, and are more likely to use the mid ship crew elevator and stairs and storage areas. We never heard a peep from the area, and it is off limits to pax, labeled crew only, but it would only be used by a crew person is moving up and down for some reason with nothing to lug. (Maybe a repair person, or supervisor?)

Enjoy the day.

We just booked 9256 for our Serenade cruise in 2016. I am excited too. This thread was a good source of info and I am so happy with this booking.

Thanks to all of the posters.

Edited by luvscruising2007