Carnival Sunshine 12 Med 18/8

Dead-metal

Then why do you always post it's new?

You guys need to quit feuding with Sarge. This forum is for opinions and everybody is entitled to their own. Please stop going back and forth with sarcastic comments to each other. I would like some information from cruisers who are sailing or have sailed on the Sunshine. I think we all understand it is not a new ship but a refurbished ship with a new name, so get over it and don't post anymore comments about new or not. Just my opinion.

You guys need to quit feuding with Sarge. This forum is for opinions and everybody is entitled to their own. Please stop going back and forth with sarcastic comments to each other. I would like some information from cruisers who are sailing or have sailed on the Sunshine. I think we all understand it is not a new ship but a refurbished ship with a new name, so get over it and don't post anymore comments about new or not. Just my opinion.

Please look up gailjen on utube, she has wonderful video of the Sunshine. I watched at least 5 of them last night.I believe everyone should watch before they decide to like or dislike this ship. Just my opinion and suggestion. Thanks everyone. A big thanks to Gailjen1

I know. It is very annoying. A few times a day I look at the updates to this thread and a good portion of the posts are swipes back and forth about stupid stuff. What difference does it make whether the ship is new or refurbished. All cruiselines have done this and ships old, new, and redone have problems. The reviews are based on people's experience and perspective. There's no requirement that they be balanced. Anyone can look on the site and read a myriad of reviews about the Sunshine. Then they can decide for themselves. Do what makes you happy I say, and quit trying to police Sunshine reviews.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Please look up gailjen on utube, she has wonderful video of the Sunshine. I watched at least 5 of them last night.I believe everyone should watch before they decide to like or dislike this ship. Just my opinion and suggestion. Thanks everyone. A big thanks to Gailjen1

Thanks for the info. I am watching the videos and they are very informative.

Rick

Thanks for the info. I am watching the videos and they are very informative.

Rick

Hi Rick

We (2 adults and a teenage daughter) were on the 9th August cruise on the Sunshine and had a fantastic time.

We've done a lot of cruising, mainly on P&O Cruises, but this was our first Carnival cruise and I really wasn't sure what to expect. However it was a great cruise with no issues onboard that I was aware of.

We had a balcony cabin on deck 7 (cabin 7233 to be exact) and it was very comfortable with ample space to store our clothes etc.

I did see one bucket along the hallway on and off during the cruise but to us it was no biggie.

The food was great, better in some ways than what we've had with P&O and I say this as a vegetarian with a more limited choice than most onboard.

The only disappointment for us is that Carnival have pulled out of Europe next year because we would have definitely cruised with them again.

I hesitated to post this because I find this board to be the most unfriendly on the whole site, but if you've got any specific questions I'll do my best to answer.

Debbie:)

Don't get me wrong, for the price I paid the cruise is good. Yes there are problems but it's a cheap cruise, the weather has been good and the ports are pleasant.

However there have been problems

It's crowded.

The Liquid Lounge is too small and crowds build waiting to get in which means getting round the shops is impossible.

The buffet food is awful. There isn't much choice and most things are lukewarm.

Most of the staff don't care. Service is poor.

It's not a new ship, it's a refurbished ship that still has problems.

The CD, Noonan, is ******$$><|¥%.

Sail with an open mind and enjoy it. Just hold your breath!

we were on the sunshine in june and had a great time!! our room and service were great! i did see a few broken pipes ? around pool area on the last day but nothing major... this trip is so port intensive that there just wasnt time to enjoy all the areas of the ship! I think the serenity area was too large for the ship but other than that complaint i think it was a great trip.. whats not to love on a cruise! for the price we paid i thought it was well worth it.. wish we could go back next year for more eurpoean ports...trip of a lifetime for us!!

The price seems to get most guests these days on a Carnival cruise on some ships. But time will tell when the Destiny sorry (The Sunshine) hits the Caribbean. Then the crowds and the small theater will take its toll, and by then hopefully some if not all problems are fix that are being still reported these days.

The Sunshine we still need to see how it does in the Caribbean with the younger crowd for it to be a hit or a miss.

And this spoils all of what you have posted, it now looks to me that you have a bigger general issue with Carnival.

Why does it show I have a problem with Carnival if I don't like the Cruise Director?

I like the other entertainment staff, I just find the CD annoying.

I am sitting on a sunbed on the sunshine at the moment and I have to say initially we had a few gripes. Mainly with some (definitely not all) bar staff being very miserable. That hasn't changed, but we now love this ship. It looks lovely and I haven't found any problems. I think if you look, ok you'd probably find them, but we are enjoying our cruise and I'd definitely book again.

Why does it show I have a problem with Carnival if I don't like the Cruise Director?

I like the other entertainment staff, I just find the CD annoying.

I can't imagine a cruise entertainment staff making or breaking your cruise. I've sailed with hokey, annoying ones but I never cared enough to pay attention to them beyond the initial reaction. :shrug:

I can't imagine a cruise entertainment staff making or breaking your cruise. I've sailed with hokey, annoying ones but I never cared enough to pay attention to them beyond the initial reaction. :shrug:

The entertainment staff aren't making or breaking my cruise.

I am sitting on a sunbed on the sunshine at the moment and I have to say initially we had a few gripes. Mainly with some (definitely not all) bar staff being very miserable. That hasn't changed, but we now love this ship. It looks lovely and I haven't found any problems. I think if you look, ok you'd probably find them, but we are enjoying our cruise and I'd definitely book again.
Now that is what I like to hear twelve days prior to our cruise on the Sunshine!:D

We always find the 'happy/entertaining' bar staff, and stick with them for the rest of the cruise..:p

Now that is what I like to hear twelve days prior to our cruise on the Sunshine!:D

We always find the 'happy/entertaining' bar staff, and stick with them for the rest of the cruise..:p

Where's the 'like' button?? ;)

Ann has one, but I can never find it..!!!:(;)

I'm going to steal it when we meet up in Venice on the 6th! :D

I don't arrive til the 7th, so make sure to hold onto it for one more day!! :D

getting excited about sailing on the sunshine this Fri and we too are going with an open mind.We arent bothered about seeing buckets dotted about,in fact maybe they should sell small replicas in the cruise gift shop as souveniers,with I sailed round the Med on the Sunshine,written on the front for memories ( although if they did have nasty aromas coming from them,it will be a different story).

Thanks to everyone who have posted some fab reviews particulary Seargant and gailjen for the videos,you have given us a good insight into what to expect.:D:D:D

For happy and entertaining bar staff, go and find Delroy at red frog rum bar and Anne-Louise in the pub. They are fantastic! Made our cruise! The singers on board-Sky, Robbie and Zach are all fantastic. You are going to have a FANTASTIC holiday. We got off today and we have NEVER had the holiday blues this bad. Absolutely fantastic ship. Enjoy!

For happy and entertaining bar staff, go and find Delroy at red frog rum bar and Anne-Louise in the pub. They are fantastic! Made our cruise! The singers on board-Sky, Robbie and Zach are all fantastic. You are going to have a FANTASTIC holiday. We got off today and we have NEVER had the holiday blues this bad. Absolutely fantastic ship. Enjoy!
I am sure we will run across them both, as I am a Pub guy.. :) LOVE beer, just not sure if the Red Frog Beer will be a hit, as I'm not a Red beer person..

Will certainly give it a try tho'...:D Wish we had more sea days...:rolleyes::p Really glad you had a GREAT time...:cool:

Got off today, now because we were on deck 5 there were a lot of decks I never visited (1,2,6,7,8 probably) but in the whole cruise I think I saw 2 drip buckets and I never really noticed any smells. Maybe it depends where you are, but for me it was absolutely not a problem.

Got off today, now because we were on deck 5 there were a lot of decks I never visited (1,2,6,7,8 probably) but in the whole cruise I think I saw 2 drip buckets and I never really noticed any smells. Maybe it depends where you are, but for me it was absolutely not a problem.
Was hoping to see you come back..! :D How was the cabin?

We are in 5341 and our friends are in 5340 on the Sept. 8 sailing from Venice to Barcelona..:p

Archived