Carnival Sunshine 12 Med 18/8

Dead-metal

Wife and I missed 2 ports about 2 yrs ago and it was our best cruise yet...obc..free drinks...obc..obc...lol
I actually look forward to those un-announced/un-planned 'sea days'..!:rolleyes:

I LOVE sea days, and having time to enjoy the ship! :) OBC makes it that much more special!!!:p;)

Wrong!!!! The fares are going up. My balcony price for the Feb. 2, 2014 cruise on the Sunshine has increase about $100 a cabin since I purchased.

I will cruise with buckets anytime, I went through a hurricane on the Liberty and worse things in the Navy. I hope a lot of people cancel, that will make my cruise less crowded.

That's the one I want to book. I wanted to book by 8/31 and was hoping for a price drop or for ES rate to show up. The Balcony now starts at $849, you paid $749?

Stay away from cabin 5332 as the renovation was totally substandard.

-The carpet is already coming up around the edges.

-The cabinet doors were improperly installed on two and the third was missing half the screws so it did not close.

-The bathroom door handle constantly came off the door.

-The wiring for the phone would not stay in wall causing the phone to become unusable.

-The connecting door was installed improperly so it would not close correctly. To close it you needed to give it a hockey check while at the same time lifting it up by the handle and locking the door.

-The magnet holder to keep the connecting door open was already broken and was found under the bed.

-Toilet piping in our area was constantly not working requiring maintenance to come clear the pipes for our cabin area.

We brought these up with our room steward, guest services, and their supervisors, but there was not much care given to anything outside of the phone and toilets which could be easily fixed.

That's the one I want to book. I wanted to book by 8/31 and was hoping for a price drop or for ES rate to show up. The Balcony now starts at $849, you paid $749?

Yes, $749, I booked on an onboard special while sailing to Alaska on the Miracle in June.

We just returned from the Sunshine and just wanted to add a picture of the leaks/ bucket outside of the Anytime Dining restaurant on deck 3 to support what others were saying. The bucket(s) were there all 9 days. This lobby was often filled with people waiting in line to get into the dining room and I personally was dripped on one night leaving the dining room. This is the reality of the boat. Did we have fun, yes, but is this gross, yes.

The Serenity deck was crowded, but we were able to get a chair every time we wanted one. We did have to stalk people on the 1 sea day, though until the towel guy was able to secure some lounge chairs for us. I didn't pick this ship for the ship. I picked it for the value and the European itinerary and that certainly met our expectations. Our balcony cabin was awesome and we loved going to the spa. The Liquid Lounge did have a sewage smell as others have pointed out. Whether that is normal on other ships doesn't really matter to me because in the end it was a foul, unpleasant smell and I wouldn't want to smell it anywhere I was. We thought the entertainment was fair, but we were often not able to get a seat only to see many crew members enjoying the show seated in the lounge.

As I said before, we had a great time, but agree that additional time in dry dock could probably have made a difference.

827079876_DSC01065copy.jpg.987114289931380a6952a37b80f2161b.jpg

We just returned from the Sunshine and just wanted to add a picture of the leaks/ bucket outside of the Anytime Dining restaurant on deck 3 to support what others were saying. The bucket(s) were there all 9 days. This lobby was often filled with people waiting in line to get into the dining room and I personally was dripped on one night leaving the dining room. This is the reality of the boat. Did we have fun, yes, but is this gross, yes.

The Serenity deck was crowded, but we were able to get a chair every time we wanted one. We did have to stalk people on the 1 sea day, though until the towel guy was able to secure some lounge chairs for us. I didn't pick this ship for the ship. I picked it for the value and the European itinerary and that certainly met our expectations. Our balcony cabin was awesome and we loved going to the spa. The Liquid Lounge did have a sewage smell as others have pointed out. Whether that is normal on other ships doesn't really matter to me because in the end it was a foul, unpleasant smell and I wouldn't want to smell it anywhere I was. We thought the entertainment was fair, but we were often not able to get a seat only to see many crew members enjoying the show seated in the lounge.

As I said before, we had a great time, but agree that additional time in dry dock could probably have made a difference.

This looks like how it was on our cruise a month ago, but there were additional buckets on those other stains.

Oh, come on now. You're just being mean. That bucket is a work of art. It's even made out of a precious metal and compliments the carpet. :p:D

I may be wrong on this but I suspect a number of these leaking lines need to be welded. Maybe some fittings need replaced and they can't shut off to change them but if I had to guess, it's the former.

So I don't know if it's Carnival's policy or cruise line policy but I'm sure welding in any area of the ship, let alone public areas of the ship, comes with a lot of headaches.

When active, which during the sailing time is 24/7, it's possible that welding in these areas is forbidden.

I'll take a few drips over a fire if this is the case.

I may be wrong on this but I suspect a number of these leaking lines need to be welded. Maybe some fittings need replaced and they can't shut off to change them but if I had to guess, it's the former.

So I don't know if it's Carnival's policy or cruise line policy but I'm sure welding in any area of the ship, let alone public areas of the ship, comes with a lot of headaches.

When active, which during the sailing time is 24/7, it's possible that welding in these areas is forbidden.

I'll take a few drips over a fire if this is the case.

Maybe another trip to the shipyard will be required, before the TA, or soon after?

Maybe another trip to the shipyard will be required, before the TA, or soon after?

I doubt it. That would mean Carnival would have to admit to the Sunshine being a floating wreck. Better to pretend the issues aren't happening and wait til the next scheduled dry dock.

I was in 7307 inside. Everything worked. Air great, no leaks by us. It was actually really roomy, i was pleased. I had two sets of friends I met on deck 7 as well they were mid ship. No issues. Hope this helps a bit.
thank you so much. Puts my mind at ease at least for one issue.

I was in 7307 inside. Everything worked. Air great, no leaks by us. It was actually really roomy, i was pleased. I had two sets of friends I met on deck 7 as well they were mid ship. No issues. Hope this helps a bit.

very good to hear as we have balcony midship on empress. Can't wait!!!

Its once again down to individual person opinion one what you expect and get from a Cruise.

Lets be honest, the Carnival Sunshine was never going to win any awards compared to other ships sailing around the Med. Its a middle market ship that caters for just that!

I was on the NCL Jade a few years ago and saw rust in certain areas and indeed a leak outside one of the lounges. It happens.

I have no doubt that the Sunshine will have its issues, but to what level? Nothing that would stand out and ruin my cruise next week on her.

74% of the 36 reviews on this site recommend the Sunshine and give her 4 out of 5.

I will also provide a full report/photos when i get home.

Its once again down to individual person opinion one what you expect and get from a Cruise.

Lets be honest, the Carnival Sunshine was never going to win any awards compared to other ships sailing around the Med. Its a middle market ship that caters for just that!

I was on the NCL Jade a few years ago and saw rust in certain areas and indeed a leak outside one of the lounges. It happens.

I have no doubt that the Sunshine will have its issues, but to what level? Nothing that would stand out and ruin my cruise next week on her.

74% of the 36 reviews on this site recommend the Sunshine and give her 4 out of 5.

I will also provide a full report/photos when i get home.

I look forward to your honest review with photos. :)

Got on the ship yesterday. The new bits are really nice. The original bits are really grotty. The whole ship smells of sewage.

There are buckets collecting dripping water from ceilings throughout the ship.

I don't think the staff are very good either. None seem very caring.

Just my thoughts.

WHHHAAATTTTT???!!!!!:eek:

Yesterday was the first sea day. The open decks were heaving with people. There was no space and people were sunbathing on towels on the decks. It was very crowded.

We have had plumbing issues in our cabin. The shower wouldn't drain and then it backed up, covering our bathroom with black smelly water.

Carnival is cheap and you get what you pay for. ImageUploadedByForums1377340161.186791.jpg.b01f1b7a0cdc8b331f62844feb427485.jpg

This was what was blocking our shower. The maintainance man left it in our loo.

Archived