Carnival Sunshine 12 Med 18/8

Dead-metal

Dead-metal sorry to see your first sea day was not so great to say the least.I did notice your icon for your Disney trip. Will you be returning to Disney for your next cruise or another line?

Disney is just too expensive now and Carnival is not sailing in Europe next year so my options are limited.

Yesterday was the first sea day. The open decks were heaving with people. There was no space and people were sunbathing on towels on the decks. It was very crowded.

We have had plumbing issues in our cabin. The shower wouldn't drain and then it backed up, covering our bathroom with black smelly water.

Carnival is cheap and you get what you pay for. [ATTACH]283789[/ATTACH]

This was what was blocking our shower. The maintainance man left it in our loo.

wow, that is awful!

Dead-metal sorry to see your first sea day was not so great to say the least.I did notice your icon for your Disney trip. Will you be returning to Disney for your next cruise or another line?

I sure hope so for the OP's sake. The black hairball blob of death is pukeworthy!

You do get what you pay for as OP states...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Exactly - instead of being blowhards on a message board, they should put their money where there mouth is and cancel. DO IT!!!

I promise you all going (in the near future) there will be buckets catching dripping water. They are there - it's also not from condensation (at least all of them) as some of them are from insulated lines. You won't get condensation drips off an insulated line. If this bothers someone so much, take your money elsewhere.

Note: The picture from dead-metal is exactly what you'll see.

This is not necessarily true. If the insulation is compromised on the top of a chilled water line condensation will form there and roll around pipe under the insulation. It will then continue to roll down to the lowest point of that line . When it builds up enough it will soak through the covering and create a drip. This can make locating the source of the drip difficult due to the fact that it could be rather far away or even on a branch line that comes off the top and slopes up hill from the main.

I may be wrong on this but I suspect a number of these leaking lines need to be welded. Maybe some fittings need replaced and they can't shut off to change them but if I had to guess, it's the former.

So I don't know if it's Carnival's policy or cruise line policy but I'm sure welding in any area of the ship, let alone public areas of the ship, comes with a lot of headaches.

When active, which during the sailing time is 24/7, it's possible that welding in these areas is forbidden.

I'll take a few drips over a fire if this is the case.

All pipes should be hydrostatically tested before insulation is installed. But due to expansion and contraction heating water lines that are welded, soldered, or even mechanical connected sometimes acquire pin hole leaks. These leaks will stop when the pipe expands due to hot water flow and re-open when the demand for hot water stops and the pipe cools. This would explain the intermittent dripping.

As for the comment on legionnaires disease, it is an airborne disease. So unless someone is touching the water and then snorting it there should be no problem.

The maintainance man left it in our loo.

So that huge mass of hair was tossed in the toilet so it could be sucked into the vacuum system and potentially clog it as well. Brilliant, just brilliant!

The fact that it was left in the bowl for you to deal with adds insult to injury. That amount of hair indicates that it was in the drain long before the shipyard renovation. Gee...maybe it would have been a good idea to snake the drains in all cabins as part of the "renovation."

OK Carnival lovers go ahead and tell us how this hair ball extraction left in the toilet bowl is excellent customer service that exceeds the hospitality expectations of Carnival guests.

I was wondering if they would dry dock it again before they begin the caribbean itinerary out of Port Canaveral next year. I hope so.

If they want to compete with Disney, Royal, and NCL out of Canaveral next year, they would really need to sort things out. The Liberty is one of CCLs better ships, but they can't put all their eggs in the Liberty/Sensation baskets. Lower fares are attractive, but not to the point where I want to endure the reported smell of sewage. Even if there was a nice Serenity area.

I was on the 28th July sailing, we expected the worst after posts on here. We did have a leak down the door frame in the kids room 7263 we were in 7267 we had no problems with anything.

There were odd waste bins in corridors and by Anytime dining but there was very little water in any, water was not gushing out just dripping occasionally.

We did notice a bad smell on deck 4/5? Near the photo stands and a pair of double doors, it actually smelt like smelly sea water rather than sewerage, this was the only part of the ship I smelt anything.

I think they should have spent a few more $ completely decoration the dining rooms as they were a bit of a mis-match the only other part of the ship that I noticed was original were the stair wells.

We thoughtly enjoyed our cruise and if your interested I have lots of video footage on youtube search gailjen1 if you want to look for yourself..

We will be on the TA in November. I expect we will have a great time. We can dodge a few buckets. And fortunately, I have bad sinuses, so will not notice the odd smell now and then. We're staying on the first deck, and signed on while on the Magic last May. We're paying $629 each for our Ocean View cabin, after using the price protection option. We think that's an amazing price for a 16 day cruise.

Does this mean no decks are new? Are we being mislead?

THIS IS NOT A NEW SHIP!!!! I REPEAT NOT A NEW SHIP...

She went into dry dock the Destiny.. Came out less than 2 months later The Sunshine they added 1 new deck? ( i think it was 1) and some other features.. Its still almost a 2 decade old ship but with a new name.. Sorda of like if you put lipstick on a pig what do you have? still a pig

THIS IS NOT A NEW SHIP!!!! I REPEAT NOT A NEW SHIP...

She went into dry dock the Destiny.. Came out less than 2 months later The Sunshine they added 1 new deck? ( i think it was 1) and some other features.. Its still almost a 2 decade old ship but with a new name.. Sorda of like if you put lipstick on a pig what do you have? still a pig

While I agree with, I have sailed on the Destiny, unlike you.

Just wondering when you will cruise on a Carnival ship instead of just stirring the pot

Just wondering when you will cruise on a Carnival ship instead of just stirring the pot

I have sailed on both Carnival Destiny and the new Carnival Sunshine.

Before you started cruising, Carnival had the Carnivale and Festivale besides the Mardi Gras. So what is your point?

Now you're just fishing.

How am I stirring the pot they asked if it was a new ship.. She's not a new ship just a refurbished ship..

Sorda like NCL with the Norway?

NCL?

I have no ideal what ncl done with Norway I Havnt been cruising that long..

I was just answering the posters question they thought sunshine was a new just with just a used hull but a brand new everything else..

I have sailed on both Carnival Destiny and the new Carnival Sunshine.

Now you're just fishing.

I know you have sailed on both but the other poster doesn't cruise on Carnival.

Im not fishing, you list your cruises on your website, you wernt cruising with Carnival till 2006;)

I know you have sailed on both but the other poster doesn't cruise on Carnival.

Im not fishing, you list your cruises on your website, you wernt cruising with Carnival till 2006;)

I've been on lots of cruises, most of which aren't listed on my website.

I've been taking pictures for decades but didn't go digital until around 2000. My first cruise on Carnival was last century.

Sargent the Sunshine is not a new ship. Even Carnival scaled back calling it new because it was a misleading statement.

Old ship new paint a lot of new cabins (crowded sea days on deck) she got 2.0 upgrades and more pay restaurants, new decks for cabins.

Not to bring up problems to this day for the Sunshine.

The Caribbean will tell a lot for her. On the BC7 will the theater be big enough to hold all the bloggers which the theater got cut in half for more cabins?? 1500/800

Sargent you maybe the last person to believe the Sunshine is a NEW ship.

Don’t mess with Destiny!!!

I was wondering if they would dry dock it again before they begin the caribbean itinerary out of Port Canaveral next year. I hope so.

We are very disappointed that the Destiny/Sunshine will be replacing the Dream, one of our favorite Carnival ships having cruised on her 4 times. We will make a decision on whether we will cruise the Destiny/Sunshine after reading non biased reviews, as this review is, of her Caribbean cruises. As of now we will not cruise on the Destiny/Sunshine...

Archived