Carnival Sunshine 12 Med 18/8

Dead-metal

I would say there were 3 or 4 buckets catching drips with the roof tiles moved by the end of the cruise. This was on deck 7 down the whole hall (keep in mind how long the halls are). At the beginning of the cruise, there was maybe one bucket. Honestly, didnt even think twice about it.

Do you guys think it could be the Air Cond. leaking from the pipes? Cause it was wierd there were more creeping up along the cruise. Maybe the whole AC system needs a revamp? Honestly, though, no big deal. Get 7 aft if you dont want any buckets as they seemed to be more mid and foward .. It was AWESOME!!

I would say there were 3 or 4 buckets catching drips with the roof tiles moved by the end of the cruise. This was on deck 7 down the whole hall (keep in mind how long the halls are). At the beginning of the cruise, there was maybe one bucket. Honestly, didnt even think twice about it.

Do you guys think it could be the Air Cond. leaking from the pipes? Cause it was wierd there were more creeping up along the cruise. Maybe the whole AC system needs a revamp? Honestly, though, no big deal. Get 7 aft if you dont want any buckets as they seemed to be more mid and foward .. It was AWESOME!!

Sounds disgusting. I suppose it's better than spittoons.

I'm booked on the next cruise in an ocean suite on deck 7 forward and sorry but I don't think it's acceptable to have buckets in the halls catching water.

I don't have it in my hall at home & I've never stayed anywhere else that does. There could be god knows what in the leaking water and I'm not prepared to subject my 2 yo son to it.

Our suite has a bath in it already, I don't need an extra shower outside!

Saying all that, if people are just wind up merchants on here and the ship is tip top,I'll be happy to come on here and say tht too!

Yes, it is definitely something odd having buckets in the halls and not fixing the issues as it seems it has been on most sailings now?? hmmm... BUT that being said, honestly, will not affect your cruise whatsoever... If they were catching drips over my bed, that may be a totally different matter (lol- then i'd be choked) but to step aside while walking down the hall a couple times really doesn't affect my holiday in the least!!

But that being said, Yes Carnival should fix whatever it is!

Sure. No one is gonna care or be concerned untill there's an outbreak of Legioaires Disease.
Don't think that is a really fair comparison, as those issues are really caused by other issues..!:(

We sail in 20 days, and are going in with a positive attitude!:):D

I'm guessing if you were sailing soon on the Sunshine, you would not make comparisons such as that...:rolleyes: IMHO..

Don't think that is a really fair comparison, as those issues are really caused by other issues..!:(

We sail in 20 days, and are going in with a positive attitude!:):D

I'm guessing if you were sailing soon on the Sunshine, you would not make comparisons such as that...:rolleyes: IMHO..

Thats incorrect. I would have cancelled.

Same if I had a house leaking and had to put down buckets and was having guests stay over. I would be too embarrassed to have them enter my home.

I was on 28/07 sailing and there was a bucket outside the main dining room near the stairs at the back of the ship and I saw the one in the Spa pictured and there was one more on deck 7.

There was never any water in the buckets that I saw, neither did I see any drips from the ceiling.

Other than the buckets, I didn't see anything else. I thought the ship was great and those who have cruises booked will have a great time. All of the public areas were brand new and clean. Some of the finishing in parts was a little sloppy, but you ad to look really hard to find it, which i did, bits of paint on the deck, finishing around windows, but it was not obvious and you will find it in any home. Please don't worry. I was extremely worried before I went after all of the negative reports I had read on here and at one point considered cancelling. I am so glad we didn't. You will find scratches and scraps on all of the boats due to wear.

As for having buckets in your hall at home, when we left home we actually had two!!! The day we left for the airport we had really heavy rain and I found a leak in our utility. We had to make holes in the celing for the water to escape through, dripping into two buckets. It was that or cancel the holiday. It seems funny now, but not at the time. My mum kept checking the house for us whilst we were away and I'm pleased to report it's fixed.

For those who are bothered about a few buckets, then cancel, if it will ease your mind. For those still going enjoy! You will have a great time. I too am not a Carnival cheerleader, I am a Disney cheerleader and even their ships are not perfect. Cabins there require airfreshner, my Carnival one did not, we were on deck 8.

For those who are bothered about a few buckets, then cancel, if it will ease your mind.

Exactly - instead of being blowhards on a message board, they should put their money where there mouth is and cancel. DO IT!!!

I promise you all going (in the near future) there will be buckets catching dripping water. They are there - it's also not from condensation (at least all of them) as some of them are from insulated lines. You won't get condensation drips off an insulated line. If this bothers someone so much, take your money elsewhere.

Note: The picture from dead-metal is exactly what you'll see.

On our cruise the place with the most buckets was the deck 3 lobby of the sunrise restaurant which had about 4 or5 buckets everyday along with the ceiling panel above the buckets removed. The buckets had some liquid in them whenever we went by.

On our cruise the place with the most buckets was the deck 3 lobby of the sunrise restaurant which had about 4 or5 buckets everyday along with the ceiling panel above the buckets removed. The buckets had some liquid in them whenever we went by.

I certainly hope they are testing for mold.

I was on 28/07 sailing and there was a bucket outside the main dining room near the stairs at the back of the ship and I saw the one in the Spa pictured and there was one more on deck 7.

There was never any water in the buckets that I saw, neither did I see any drips from the ceiling.

Other than the buckets, I didn't see anything else. I thought the ship was great and those who have cruises booked will have a great time. All of the public areas were brand new and clean. Some of the finishing in parts was a little sloppy, but you ad to look really hard to find it, which i did, bits of paint on the deck, finishing around windows, but it was not obvious and you will find it in any home. Please don't worry. I was extremely worried before I went after all of the negative reports I had read on here and at one point considered cancelling. I am so glad we didn't. You will find scratches and scraps on all of the boats due to wear.

As for having buckets in your hall at home, when we left home we actually had two!!! The day we left for the airport we had really heavy rain and I found a leak in our utility. We had to make holes in the celing for the water to escape through, dripping into two buckets. It was that or cancel the holiday. It seems funny now, but not at the time. My mum kept checking the house for us whilst we were away and I'm pleased to report it's fixed.

For those who are bothered about a few buckets, then cancel, if it will ease your mind. For those still going enjoy! You will have a great time. I too am not a Carnival cheerleader, I am a Disney cheerleader and even their ships are not perfect. Cabins there require airfreshner, my Carnival one did not, we were on deck 8.

Thank you for your truly sensible post.

I'm not bothered by the buckets but I am bothered by the smell. It is awful, all the time and wherever I go.

What also bothers me is that the main pool has been closed all day today so the Serenity pool has been full of kids.

But the weather is warm and sunny and we have won 6 ships on a stick, 4 packs of cards and a medal.

I was a little jealous as the Disney Magic pulled in behind us today but then Carnival is so much cheaper it eased the pain slightly.

I'm not bothered by the buckets but I am bothered by the smell. It is awful, all the time and wherever I go.

What also bothers me is that the main pool has been closed all day today so the Serenity pool has been full of kids.

But the weather is warm and sunny and we have won 6 ships on a stick, 4 packs of cards and a medal.

I was a little jealous as the Disney Magic pulled in behind us today but then Carnival is so much cheaper it eased the pain slightly.

Put on a Captain Feathersword outfit and see if you can sneak on. Sleep on the kids deck at night. Worth it just to see the Disney Dream show they put on each sailing.

Being the fares continue to plummet, that must actually be happening

The others are counting their OBC amounts skyrocket.

Wrong!!!! The fares are going up. My balcony price for the Feb. 2, 2014 cruise on the Sunshine has increase about $100 a cabin since I purchased.

I will cruise with buckets anytime, I went through a hurricane on the Liberty and worse things in the Navy. I hope a lot of people cancel, that will make my cruise less crowded.

Put on a Captain Feathersword outfit and see if you can sneak on. Sleep on the kids deck at night. Worth it just to see the Disney Dream show they put on each sailing.

I could climb up the mooring ropes. The food may be better on DCL.

Being the fares continue to plummet, that must actually be happening

The others are counting their OBC amounts skyrocket.

Really? Kinda NOT seeing that. Have a Sunshine cruise booked for November..fare is now more than I paid when I booked last year...had a couple of price drops a while back, and only OBC I have is from a FCC I cashed in.

So, where are these "plummeting" fares you speak of?

I am so glad the magic didn't pull into port when we were on the Sunshine. I was originally booked on it for this year, but changed to Carnival. Only yesterday I was looking at Disney's 12 night Med cruise for next July and a comparable cabin to what we had on the Sunshine cost £9200!!!!!!! I nearly died of shock. By comparison we paid £3068. Disney is nice don't get me wrong but it's not worth £6000 more.

Sorry to hear about all of the smells and well done on your pot of prizes.

Wrong!!!! The fares are going up. My balcony price for the Feb. 2, 2014 cruise on the Sunshine has increase about $100 a cabin since I purchased.

I will cruise with buckets anytime, I went through a hurricane on the Liberty and worse things in the Navy. I hope a lot of people cancel, that will make my cruise less crowded.

Wife and I missed 2 ports about 2 yrs ago and it was our best cruise yet...obc..free drinks...obc..obc...lol

Archived