Breakaway Review Aug 18-25

al70grogan

1st time on NCL,this is my 2nd cruise. Dad ,Wife, 16 and 11 year old. Middle class lunch pail type of guy.

6 out of 7 days were great weather

Driving to ship parking on Sunday morning= easy

Getting on ship = easy (although I sweated because my number was called almost last and really wanted a Vibe pass)

On board aroung 11:20 -run to deck 6 and get Vibe pass. Beleive I was #77,78 out of 80 sold.

1st day is crowded-4000 folks trying to get situated . Elevators are crowed the first and last day .

All the regular restaurants were very good to myself and family. We didnt eat in Manhattan room.The garde cafe is good when you have kids

Specialty-we did Cagneys and Modernos Botth excellent.Moderno's by a slight edge . You put the green light on and prepare yourself for some really good meat. :::: Belch:D:::::

Shows-Rock of Ages (not a 80's music person) and Burn the Floor(not a dancing guy) But both were done very well.

Slam playing the blues club is the real deal. He can play and very funny fella . Get there if he's playing

Vibe-the only thing I really wanted was a pass to this area to chill. It was GREAT . Quiet,comfortable,showers ,hot tub,fruit skewers,Ray and Sean were awesome. Really enjoyed chilling here.Met two very nice couples ,one from Philly(Go Flyers !) and another from Rhode Island(Go Pats !)Yesterdays weather sucked and never got to say good bye, thanks for talking with me and making my cruise alot of fun.

The chair grabbing in the morning is strange and counted my blessings that I could escape to the Vibe and not have to worry about getting a chair.

Sports deck was the real deal, lots of fun,if you can wait until the ship is in port you will have no lines

Bermuda- Horseshoe bay (walk to the far left and hung at jobson cove)was amazing . Loved it. Spent 2 days here and the other day jet sking out of Somerset sports ,the highlight of our stay. Recomend it highly. Cant wait to get back .

The crew/staff is always smiling with Good morning,afternoon ,evening Sir ,cant do enough for you.Loved-em . Edwin cabin person was wonderful . Why some folks break these people's balls and treat them badly blows my mind. (Again ,Im a newbie and have waited tables growing up, but these people are working there azzes off,cut them some slack and let the little stuff roll off)

Cabin-Folks on one side of us. Quiet as a mouse

Folks on the other side. Screaming ,fighting ,Dropping F bombs and slamming the door during the wee hours. Cant lay that on NCL or breakaway. Rude is rude

Family loved the cruise and look forward to the next one .

Breakaway was a blast!!

Peace Brian :)

Nice to the point review ! I agree these workers on the ships bust there tails our family like to give them the respect they deserve we are always thankful:)how did your teen like the trip did they go to entourage? We sail soon and I have a teen thanks:D

I'm going on the breakaway in January. Can you please explain what is the VIBE pass?

From NCL.com

Guests will jump for quiet joy upon discovering this private retreat where they can connect with ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with ocean views, an oversized hot tub, chaise loungers and a relaxing water feature – ideal for drowning out every last bit of stress. A full-service bar, water spritzers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. A limited number of passes will be available for purchase onboard at the Guest Service Desk.

From NCL.com

Guests will jump for quiet joy upon discovering this private retreat where they can connect with ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with ocean views, an oversized hot tub, chaise loungers and a relaxing water feature – ideal for drowning out every last bit of stress. A full-service bar, water spritzers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. A limited number of passes will be available for purchase onboard at the Guest Service Desk.

Are these like the Posh passes on the Epic?

Nice to the point review ! I agree these workers on the ships bust there tails our family like to give them the respect they deserve we are always thankful:)how did your teen like the trip did they go to entourage? We sail soon and I have a teen thanks:D

Oops forgot that part

12 year old daughter loved the splash academy couldnt wait to go ...she really enjoyed the counselors

16 yr old son lseem to like the entourage although I dont think they spent much time in there. They would meet at the club and then go do things (Not sure I want to know what they were doing :eek::D)

Oops forgot that part

12 year old daughter loved the splash academy couldnt wait to go ...she really enjoyed the counselors

16 yr old son lseem to like the entourage although I dont think they spent much time in there. They would meet at the club and then go do things (Not sure I want to know what they were doing :eek::D)

Thanks for the feed back

Brian, thank you very much for your review! What are your teenager's comments on the cruise? Mine are around the same age range, so I am curious... Thanks!

He really enjoyed himself....my thoughts are if he had one of his friends it would have been even better. But he had a blast.

1st time on NCL,this is my 2nd cruise. Dad ,Wife, 16 and 11 year old. Middle class lunch pail type of guy.

Getting on ship = easy (although I sweated because my number was called almost last and really wanted a Vibe pass)

On board aroung 11:20 -run to deck 6 and get Vibe pass. Beleive I was #77,78 out of 80 sold.

1st day is crowded-4000 folks trying to get situated . Elevators are crowed the first and last day .

All the regular restaurants were very good to myself and family. We didnt eat in Manhattan room.The garde cafe is good when you have kids

Specialty-we did Cagneys and Modernos Botth excellent.Moderno's by a slight edge . You put the green light on and prepare yourself for some really good meat. :::: Belch:D:::::

Shows-Rock of Ages (not a 80's music person) and Burn the Floor(not a dancing guy) But both were done very well.

Slam playing the blues club is the real deal. He can play and very funny fella . Get there if he's playing

Vibe-the only thing I really wanted was a pass to this area to chill. It was GREAT . Quiet,comfortable,showers ,hot tub,fruit skewers,Ray and Sean were awesome. Really enjoyed chilling here.Met two very nice couples ,one from Philly(Go Flyers !) and another from Rhode Island(Go Pats !)Yesterdays weather sucked and never got to say good bye, thanks for talking with me and making my cruise alot of fun.

The chair grabbing in the morning is strange and counted my blessings that I could escape to the Vibe and not have to worry about getting a chair.

Sports deck was the real deal, lots of fun,if you can wait until the ship is in port you will have no lines

Bermuda- Horseshoe bay (walk to the far left and hung at jobson cove)was amazing . Loved it. Spent 2 days here and the other day jet sking out of Somerset sports ,the highlight of our stay. Recomend it highly. Cant wait to get back .

The crew/staff is always smiling with Good morning,afternoon ,evening Sir ,cant do enough for you.Loved-em . Edwin cabin person was wonderful . Why some folks break these people's balls and treat them badly blows my mind. (Again ,Im a newbie and have waited tables growing up, but these people are working there azzes off,cut them some slack and let the little stuff roll off)

Folks on the other side. Screaming ,fighting ,Dropping F bombs and slamming the door during the wee hours. Cant lay that on NCL or breakaway. Rude is rude

Breakaway was a blast!!

We were on the cruise, too, and also enjoyed it. For what it is worth, during the behind the scenes tour, we were told there were 4890 guests aboard. Another very full sailing.

We loved the ship. The crew were smiling, energetic, and polite. The passengers, well, sadly many were not pleasant or well mannered. We'd never let that spoil our fun, choosing to snicker a bit between ourselves when out of earshot. No issues from our neighbors, thankfully.

We were also on the cruise and had VIBE passes and it was the best money spent all week!!!! Sean and Ray were the best and we met some great people as well!! Great way to relax but get on the boat early if you want the passes. I heard ours were sold out by noon the day we sailed.

My kids did not spend much time at Entourage. Older one met a few kids but never really hung out with them after the first night. He was happy to go to the dance parties with us and people watch!!! lots of fun!!

How much is the behind the scenes tour? And how would you get it?

The behind the scenes tour is complimentary for us as Platinum latitudes members. I do not know the charge for others. It was a nice tour, but relatively brief by comparison. the one on Breakaway was a less extensive tour than the last one we took on the Sun.

The behind the scenes tour is complimentary for us as Platinum latitudes members. I do not know the charge for others. It was a nice tour, but relatively brief by comparison. the one on Breakaway was a less extensive tour than the last one we took on the Sun.

What day did tour take place?

Thnx

Suzanne

Breakaway was a blast!!

Great review. Thanks so much for sharing.

Can you confirm for us which nite is LOBSTER nite??:):)

So there is no lobster on Seafood Night in the MDR but there is lobster in the buffet on Seafood Night?

When is seafood night. I want to book Cirque but trying to figure out a good night to book it, a night we wouldn't have anything else planned.

So there is no lobster on Seafood Night in the MDR but there is lobster in the buffet on Seafood Night?

When is seafood night. I want to book Cirque but trying to figure out a good night to book it, a night we wouldn't have anything else planned.

AFAIK, the second night is seafood night in the Buffet only. No guarentee the current schedule will not be changed before you sail, though.

BTW, night number one is Prime Rib night - but only in O'Sheehan's and the Buffet. Again, trying to ease the congestion at the MDR's.

The crazy scheduling that takes place on the Breakaway is mainly due to two things. First, it is an overcrowded ship. Second, they are trying to steer you towards the extra cost specialty restaurants. It takes some extra work if you want to avoid extra fees and still enjoy the good stuff.

If you book the Cirque style show for one of the two port nights, then you will not risk having the show shortened or canceled due to rough seas.

Archived