Back on ship 2 hours before departure?

Leebies

I cruised on NCL this year in the Eastern Med and we usually had to be back on board an hour or half an hour before the ship was leaving.

I've just noticed on my New England/Canada cruise summary that it states passengers must be back on board 2 hours before the ship leaves for security reasons. Is this strictly adhered to?

It also stated that disembarking is usually allowed 2 hours after arrival. It doesn't leave much time for tours etc.

Has anyone experienced this?

I cruised on NCL this year in the Eastern Med and we usually had to be back on board an hour or half an hour before the ship was leaving.

I've just noticed on my New England/Canada cruise summary that it states passengers must be back on board 2 hours before the ship leaves for security reasons. Is this strictly adhered to?

It also stated that disembarking is usually allowed 2 hours after arrival. It doesn't leave much time for tours etc.

Has anyone experienced this?

Are you sure that this time requirement isn't for when you initially board on the first day of the cruise?

DON

The two hour limit is embarkation day only. Unless there are other individual concerns. This limitation is imposed because the cruise line must supply a list of passengers to Homeland Security 90 minutes prior to sailing so they can run the names against "The List".

I've seen several similar questions on CC, confusing initial embarkation (usually 90 -120 mins before sailing) & returning to the ship at a port-of-call (usually 30 mins before sailing).

IIRC, each time the OP was booked on an NCL ship.

So mebbe NCL's website is a bit fuzzy / ambiguous on the subject.

JB :)

I've seen several similar questions on CC, confusing initial embarkation (usually 90 -120 mins before sailing) & returning to the ship at a port-of-call (usually 30 mins before sailing).

IIRC, each time the OP was booked on an NCL ship.

So mebbe NCL's website is a bit fuzzy / ambiguous on the subject.

JB :)

Your right John, I noticed it just under the map and to the side of the itinerary when I pulled up my details on the NCL website. I'm just happy I was wrong.:) Coming from Europe the extra security in the USA in recent years maybe threw my judgement.

Archived