HOU to Galveston - Driving me Crazy

acbat1

I know there is a lot of threads on this but some are not so recent. We want to fly into Hobby on November 29 for our November 30 Disney Cruise. Don't want to stay in Houston so Disney Shuttle is out. I just called Enterprise which I've read is the only rental car location in Galveston and she said they no longer do one way rentals to that location. So are there any other options other than the $130 each way shuttles and Limos?

I posted a similar thread not long ago. Depending on how many people it may be cheaper to rent a car from the airport and stay at a hotel with free/discounted parking for the car. If you have more then four people this usually ends up being more expensive though. (Which was my problem)

Houston Hobby Airport is only 40 minutes from the Port of Galveston. Have you looked into the Super Shuttle? Might be a cheap alternative for you.

Yep for 4 people Super shuttle is 130.00 each way so We're sticking with Cool Tours

In Galveston now. We booked a weekly rental from Enterprise at the airport. Staying at the Marriott Towne Place Suites so they will let us keep our car here during the cruise and shuttle us free both ways. So far so good!

Which location of the Marriott is it? I looked online at a few sites and there are a few locations in the Houston area. Also did you call the hotel directly to find out if they had the transfers or not? I did not find anything on the online site I was searching on.

Call your TA and ask about transfers. I found my cruise is out of the new Bayport terminal and I"m flying into the Bush AP. I got transfers for $24pp each way, total of $96 for two RT!

BIG difference in travel time. Most certainly much cheaper, like transfers in FL. This is more like being in Rome and transferring. No comparison. :rolleyes:

BIG difference in travel time. Most certainly much cheaper, like transfers in FL. This is more like being in Rome and transferring. No comparison. :rolleyes:

I was merely trying to be helpful, which is more than what I can say about your post and roll eyes. I was having the same issue as the OP and someone suggest I contact my TA which I did and I am happy with the results.

Found this looks like this hotel provides a round trip shuttle if you book a night:

http://www.lq.com/lq/coolsavings/packages/detail.jsp?ident=20110110014546

I just looked and it and yes it does provide round trip to the cruise port...your hotel room for this option is $179 per night so they are charging you extra. Their normal rate is $103 p/night.

I just looked and it and yes it does provide round trip to the cruise port...your hotel room for this option is $179 per night so they are charging you extra. Their normal rate is $103 p/night.

If you run across anything like this with the hotel in Galveston instead of Houston please let me know.

Have tqlked to Enterprise twice today looking for prices on a one week rental January 4-11, 2014. With drop off charge in Galveston, cost is almost $600 for a one week rental??? I know Texas is big, but I've never heard of prices this expensive. Suggestions??:confused:

Archived