Advantages of Booking Back to Back Cruise

redtogo

If you own Carnival stock there may be an incentive to book a longer cruise rather than b2b.

It depends on the length of the cruise. Two 7 day cruises and the shareholder OBC is $100 for each for $200. Book as one 14 day cruise and you get $250. On the other hand, we have a b2b coming up. 28 days and 20 days. Each get us $250 for a $500 total. Book as one 48 days cruise and you just get $250.

The above is dealing solely with the shareholder (or military) OBC. You need to take all OBC, any perks and the prices for the different ways you can book into account to see what is best for you.

If you use Princess shore excursions:

Booking as one cruise no excursions will be available until they are available for both segments. Booking as two cruises they will be available as each segment becomes available.

Booking as one cruise allows you to book an excursion on turnaround day if you wish. Booking as two cruises will not allow you to book an excursion for that day until onboard.

It doesn't seem (I hate to use this word) fair, as this gives to those who booked B2B or only the first segment, early access to popular excursions. I suppose it is Princess' crack IT department at it again.

Question: If you book as a single cruise and learn (probably via a Roll Call) the excursions become available for the first segment, is it possible to call Princess and get booked?

Not sure why, but all comments have been about OBC and other credits. Does anyone..besides me...look at the fact with a BtoB you spend at least one day getting back to the port you started from and another leaving that port. I enjoy cruising...have enjoyed 17..but also enjoy all the ports traveled to. To me, spending all that time getting back to the port so I can leave again makes little sense

Not sure why, but all comments have been about OBC and other credits. Does anyone..besides me...look at the fact with a BtoB you spend at least one day getting back to the port you started from and another leaving that port. I enjoy cruising...have enjoyed 17..but also enjoy all the ports traveled to. To me, spending all that time getting back to the port so I can leave again makes little sense

I agree that it seems like a waste but that's my personal opinion. Others don't mind at all and good for them!

Not all B2Bs do that. For instance there's the Fort Lauderdale through the canal to San Pedro (LA) followed by San Pedro to Vancouver. That's a B2B.

Many more examples as well.

I have the opportunity to book a back to back cruise, or to book the trips as one cruise that includes both itineraries. Although I have cruised a lot, I have never booked a back to back cruise.

What are the advantages (or disadvantages) of booking a back to back as opposed to booking the longer cruise as one cruise. One is 12 days, the other is 14 days. Or, I can book one cruise for 26 days.

Advice and hints are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You get to look at the people leaving and you still have another week.

Good for you - did it work out better monetarily?

B2B cost about $90 more, but my DH got two military credits ($100 + $250) and we got double the OBC ($200 each instead of $100 each if booked as one cruise).

We do not own stock, but that is on my to do list. We will have the same room on each "leg".

I could not be more please.

Not the way it works.

Each segment will get the number of minutes due for the length of the segment no matter which way the cruise was booked.

Then Princess made a mistake for our cruise. We booked a 14 day AK cruise (b2b 2 seven day) on the Island Princess a few weeks ago and we received 250 minutes not 2 times 150.

B2B cost about $90 more, but my DH got two military credits ($100 + $250) and we got double the OBC ($200 each instead of $100 each if booked as one cruise).

We do not own stock, but that is on my to do list. We will have the same room on each "leg".

I could not be more please.

You may want to buy the stock. You will get the 100 and 250 there as well. Might be worth it.

We are leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, FL and "back to backing" in Southampton, UK. That is hardly starting the back to back at the port we started from. And, the second part has totally different port of call. We aren't sailing back to Ft. Lauderdale to catch the next cruise as your post suggests.

And, before anyone argues, the Princess agent referred to it as a back to back because we are on the same ship and in the same room.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Question: If you book as a single cruise and learn (probably via a Roll Call) the excursions become available for the first segment, is it possible to call Princess and get booked?

Someone had a thread about this a year or so ago. He really, really wanted a certain excursion that was very limited in capacity.

He was unable to find anyway to book it before it because available as a single cruise. He had been told by Princess that some slots were held back for people in his situatioon, but when the excursions did become available to him, the one he wanted was fully booked by passengers who had not booked the B2B as a single cruise.

This thread is about a cruise than can be bookd as a B2B or as a single longer cruise. Either way, it is the same itinerary and turnaround day will occur at the same port no matter how it is booked.

This thread is about a cruise than can be bookd as a B2B or as a single longer cruise. Either way, it is the same itinerary and turnaround day will occur at the same port no matter how it is booked.

Sorry i disagree. Because on this cruise, which i have booked, the turn around is not the port of origin. Port of origin s Ft. Lauderdale. Turn around is Southampton, UK.

Archived