C&A Diamond & Above Perks

kruzkween

Just wondering about Diamond (& above) perks. If I am Diamond but my spouse isn't quite there, will he get to go/do the same as me or is he just totally out of luck? I've been getting different responses from different people and really need to know for sure.

The loyal posters on CC seem to really be in the know, so I'm going straight to the best source for help!

Thank you so much!!

~Marilyn

Just wondering about Diamond (& above) perks. If I am Diamond but my spouse isn't quite there, will he get to go/do the same as me or is he just totally out of luck? I've been getting different responses from different people and really need to know for sure.

The loyal posters on CC seem to really be in the know, so I'm going straight to the best source for help!

Thank you so much!!

~Marilyn

Call C&A desk today... have them link your account with your husband and he'll be the same status as you. One person in the household, besides yourself is eligible for this benefit. The change in status will show on his account on line almost immediately, and he'll get his diamond pin the next cruise. His status will be diamond on his set sale pass.

Wishing you fair winds and following seas!

Thank you so much!!

~Marilyn

You are not out of luck.

Call Crown and Anchor. I believe that a spouse of a Diamond guest also gets Diamond status once the accounts are linked.

If possible take care of this detail before the cruise, so his card will also say Diamond. If for some reason, you do not get it accomplished before the cruise (or the card does not have the correct status), see the loyalty rep on board the ship.

Call C&A desk today... have them link your account with your husband and he'll be the same status as you. One person in the household, besides yourself is eligible for this benefit. The change in status will show on his account on line almost immediately, and he'll get his diamond pin the next cruise. His status will be diamond on his set sale pass.

Wishing you fair winds and following seas!

More then one person can get it, it applies to children in your household too.

I thought spousal benefits included upto Diamong Plus, I thought Pinacle had to be earned. But I have been wrong before.

Also posted the benefits site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Sea Ya

I don't think I have heard any Pinnacle couples saying one is Pinnacle and the other is not, because a spouse might have gone on more cruises with friends or family while the other was working.

I think as long as you are married you are both Pinnacle. I don't think living at the same address with different names qualifies though.

Maybe someone can clarify this.

What about spouses?

Don't see reaching it in my lifetime. Nice to know the answer to pass it on later on when it comes up again.

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

Thank you. Looks like this is right from the site. I should have looked myself.

Significant other is interesting.

Hey guys,

Per some of your suggestions, I called C&A at RCL and the man I talked with, Damien, was sooooo nice! Glad I did because my husband's account wasn't complete, so he corrected that. Then DH had one cruise missing (7 credits) and he corrected that. Now he's up-to-date and our accounts are linked. So now, even tho he hasn't actually earned all the credits for Diamond, he will be able to enjoy Diamond status with me because of my credits. Huge worry off my shoulders, even tho our cruise isn't till Feb. '14.

Thank you ALL for your comments, suggestions and help.

~Marilyn

In my experience, traveling with my parents who were a level below us (we're Diamond & they were Emerald), they've usually gotten "dragged" along into our status, for instance, priority check-in. They didn't get the diamond level coupons, but IMHO, getting into the priority check-in line is better than an extra drink coupon.

Archived