Indy transatlantic price

neilp

Hi

I am looking at doing the Indy transatlantic cruise in November 2014.

In the last couple of days the price of a balcony cabin has gone from 799 to 1049.

Does any one have experience of this cruise ? Is the price likely to come back down.or will it continue to rise?

Many thanks

Do a fake booking and then hit the change cabins button. It will then give you a list of available cabins. This should give you a feel of if the ship is getting close to full (maybe no more price drops) or lots of cabins still left ( maybe more price drops).

Edit. Sorry thought you said 2013. For 2014 as previous poster said way to early to tell.

PMcC1998: how many days into the cruise was it until the sun came out?

Well i went and booked an inside promenade cabin but RC have now announced free drinks for balcony cabins. Do you think I am too late to upgrade to this offer ?

Hi

In the last couple of days the price of a balcony cabin has gone from 799 to 1049.

Does any one have experience of this cruise ? Is the price likely to come back down.or will it continue to rise?

Many thanks

simple reason for that price rise...they are offering 'free' drinks packages on Transatlantic's now (in the UK anyway) - I do believe that is about the same cost as the price jump - just sayin' ;)

Hi

Many thanks

We are going on the Indy TA this coming November. We booked a balcony room last march and the price hasn't come down (I've check almost daily). In fact it went up about $100 more pp a few months ago and has stayed at that price ever since.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

PMcC1998: how many days into the cruise was it until the sun came out?

Well i went and booked an inside promenade cabin but RC have now announced free drinks for balcony cabins. Do you think I am too late to upgrade to this offer ?

We really did not have very good weather- raining when we left Southampton, poured in Portugal and probably two-thirds of the way ....... Weather picked up once we got close to the Caribbean.

Many people on board had done the cruise numerous times and said that you really never knew what the weather would be.

We really did not have very good weather- raining when we left Southampton, poured in Portugal and probably two-thirds of the way ....... Weather picked up once we got close to the Caribbean.

Many people on board had done the cruise numerous times and said that you really never knew what the weather would be.

Best not tell the wife, I think she is expecting reasonable weather. This one doesn't stop at Portugal. It goes straight to the caribbean so maybe the weather will get better quicker.

I wish they had announced the drinks package at the same time as the price increase. I ended up booking an inside promenade cabin and now they will not let me change to the balcony drinks offer.

Here are the Terms & Conditions.........

Free Premium Beverage Package Offer applies to first two guests in a stateroom; balcony or suite stateroom purchase required. Offer applies to select 2014 Ocean Voyage sailings aboard Adventure of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas and cruise must be booked September 11 - October 15, 2013. Must mention option code SPV3 at time of booking. Option code SPV3 must be applied to booking by October 15, 2013 to be eligible for the offer.......

I think it's all clear now why it's increased in price, they are giving "free" premium drinks package when you book a balcony or above.. http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/2014offers.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yes when you see the prices shoot up you know there will be a great special "free" promo coming out.

Oh and don't forget to check the T&Cs

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Senior rates, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

Here are the Terms & Conditions.........

Free Premium Beverage Package Offer applies to first two guests in a stateroom; balcony or suite stateroom purchase required. Offer applies to select 2014 Ocean Voyage sailings aboard Adventure of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas and cruise must be booked September 11 - October 15, 2013. Must mention option code SPV3 at time of booking. Option code SPV3 must be applied to booking by October 15, 2013 to be eligible for the offer.......

More importantly:

The Wine Package & Fountain Soda Package for children are complimentary and valid for sailings of 7 nights or more on Adventure of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas® & Brilliance of the Seas® departing between May 2014 and October 2014 from Southampton or Harwich. Transatlantic sailings are excluded from this promotion.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions.aspx

More importantly:

The Wine Package & Fountain Soda Package for children are complimentary and valid for sailings of 7 nights or more on Adventure of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas® & Brilliance of the Seas® departing between May 2014 and October 2014 from Southampton or Harwich. Transatlantic sailings are excluded from this promotion.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions.aspx

Yes, but the alcohol package is a offer for transatlantic cruises..!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Oh yes when you see the prices shoot up you know there will be a great special "free" promo coming out.

Oh and don't forget to check the T&Cs

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Senior rates, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

Does it mean that I won't be able to use my Next Cruise cert (OBC) for this booking? and no balcony discount?

Does it mean that I won't be able to use my Next Cruise cert (OBC) for this booking? and no balcony discount?

Correct. The "free" unlimited alcohol package is the most restrictive promo I've seen from Royal yet.

Archived