M-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

helpthejuggler

SHIP: Constellation

REVOLUTIONIZED: No

CABIN #: 6142

DECK #: 6

CLASS: RS

AREA: Starboard, Aft

BED NEAR: N/A, separate sleeping area

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Great, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized, 195 sq. ft.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Well maintained lovely large suite with separate living, dining, sleeping and closet areas, outfitted with comfortable furniture and beautiful wood paneling that elevates the space. Updated spacious bathroom features a hot tub and separate walk-in shower with a glass door; included Le Habo amenities were nice. Excellent amount of storage space. Good Wi-Fi signal reception.

The large balcony received a good amount of salt water spray, especially during the first few days of our sailing. I asked the suite attendant for pool towels, which I used to cover the balcony furniture before seating on them. The balcony was subsequently washed mid-cruise.

TVs lacked HDMI port to connect laptop computer to them.

Lack of privacy in balcony; cabins above can look down on balcony through the awning panel edges.

Additional power outlets would be nice, especially in bathroom to recharge electric toothbrushes and razors.

PHOTOS: [photo album]

• 4 weeks later...

SHIP: Constellation

REVOLUTIONIZED: No

CABIN #: 9065

DECK #: 9

CLASS: AQ2

AREA

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: NO

BALCONY VIEW: Great, unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  The problem wasn't from above as one might expect. There's a crew access door across the hall from this room.  At certain times of the day or night, the door is constantly being opened and closed. It was pretty annoying, bad enough that I will not book this room again even if it's the only Aqua class room left.  The last night of the cruise was the worst for noise.  I'm pretty sure every single suitcase put out in the hallway had to be individually carried through this door. 

SHIP: Millennium

REVOLUTIONIZED: ?

CABIN #: 9122

CLASS: AQ2

AREA: Aft, just one floor up to middle entrance to Seaview cafe

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Mainly

BALCONY VIEW: Partly obstructed by overhang 

BALCONY SIZE: standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:  We didn't actually choose this cabin but had chosen a Guarantee superior veranda on deck 7. However we were allocated this AQ cabin, which would be deemed as an upgrade. I felt there were 3 red flags with the location but hoped Blu would make up for them. 1) under the Seaview cafe and danger of noise. In the event we heard noise from rolling of trolleys about 6.30am, not for long and not a big issue 2) interconnected cabin. This obviously depends on your neighbours and we were fortunate to have quiet ones 3) deep overhang above,  our cabin was actually under the dip in the overhang so not quite as oppressive as others. If you don't want sun on the balcony the overhang is a plus point. I wouldn't necessarily choose the cabin again because wouldn't take the risk of an interconnecting cabin and I like a sunny balcony but overall it wasn't too bad and the inclusion of Blu was a real plus

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Ship - Summit

CABIN #: 9106

CLASS: Aqua

AREA: Aft below oceanview cafe

BED NEAR:

QUIET?: No

BALCONY VIEW: regular

BALCONY SIZE: regular (2 chairs and table)

WIND A PROBLEM?: yes, caused rattling in ceiling, had to keep door shut during winds.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: below ocean view cafe, would get random noises from moving tables, cleaning I would presume in middle of night. wind issues, had to keep door closed mostly. 

Edited by mubb14

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Infinity

CABIN #: 7049

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Balcony

AREA: Near stairs, forward

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: as it is a corner, one can easily see onto other people’s balconies and vice versa when standing at railing. Lifeboats are below.

BALCONY SIZE: corner balcony, slightly larger (2 chairs and table)

WIND A PROBLEM: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: no problems, would get cabin again. Convenient access to stairs.

Ship - Millennium

CABIN #: 6071

DECK #: 6

CLASS: Balcony

AREA: midway between elevators, forward

BED NEAR: bathroom

QUIET?: Not really

BALCONY VIEW: The balcony is situated above and between 2 life boats.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard for Millennium class

WIND A PROBLEM: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Across from Crew Only areas. They tend to let doors slam.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

SHIP: Millennium, 28 March - 9 April 2024, Best of Southern Japan Cruise

CABIN #: 9127

CLASS: A2 Aqua

AREA: Aft, port side, near aft stairs and elevators

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: No

BALCONY VIEW: Balcony is covered from the café overhang above. There are also the posts of the overhang that slightly block the views.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard size balcony with a small table and two chairs.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This is the 4th time staying in this M-class cabin but the first time on the Millennium. Above 9125, next door to my cabin, is a bakery. I kept hearing a lot of dull-sounding banging. It was quite annoying, as it went on all day and night, every 5-10 minutes. This bakery was not on the other ships, so this must be a new venue.  We moved to 9075, which I'll write a separate entry. Clide was our cabin attendant, who was very nice and helpful.

Monica

Edited by Compass Rose Monica

SHIP: Millennium, 28 March - 9 April 2024, Best of Southern Japan Cruise

CABIN #: 9075

CLASS: A2 Aqua

AREA: Pretty much centered between the aft stairs/elevators and front stairs/elevators.

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Mostly

BALCONY VIEW: Good views forward and aft.

BALCONY SIZE: Standard size balcony with a small table and two chairs.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We moved to 9075, after hearing a lot of noise in our original cabin (9127). There is some noise from above from the pool bar. Some scraping of chairs, but not annoying. John was our cabin attendant. Very nice man.

Monica