sunset or MDR

We are going to be on Majesty at the begining of Oct. I want to see the sunset as we're leaving Key West. I googled it out and it's supposed to set at 7:05 that day. We have 6:30 dining. Are we going to be done in time? We can eat somewhere else, but since it's the last night are we going to miss something special or is it the same menu every night? How hard would it be to get into Johnny Rockets without a reservation?

We are going to be on Majesty at the begining of Oct. I want to see the sunset as we're leaving Key West. I googled it out and it's supposed to set at 7:05 that day. We have 6:30 dining. Are we going to be done in time? We can eat somewhere else, but since it's the last night are we going to miss something special or is it the same menu every night? How hard would it be to get into Johnny Rockets without a reservation?
Either switch to MDT or go to the Windjammer or Compass Deli. I don't think Johnny Rockets takes reservations. Let me add don't be disappointed if it's cloudy at sunset.

If you want to enjoy the sunset that night, I would make plans to eat later at one of the specialty restaurants or Windjammer.

Sunsets are our favorite time of day on a cruise. Even though we eat at 6:00pm at home, when we cruise we always eat around 8:00pm. We just love watching the sunset from our balcony or from around the ship.

Do you think it would be too hard to get into Johnny Rockets last minute in the evening?

Does MDR have the same menu every night? Would we be missing anything?

The dining room has a different menu each night.

Maybe you can catch the sunset on another night.

Johnny Rockets does not take reservations. If it is crowded, you simply wait in line. Not sure if they are open at dinner hours - check the daily compass for exact hours of operation.

Enjoy

'M

Sunsets are indeed magical at sea, here are some options that might allow you to do both:

1. You are far enough out you should be able to switch dining arrangements, so switch to My Time Dining. That way you can get dinner early as a rule but make it a bit later the night you want to stay out on deck till 7:30 or so.

2. If you are not tied to early dinner, try switching to the late sitting.

3. Keep your current arrangements but work with your servers to be done by or take a break at about sunset.

If all else fails, go to an alternate dinner venue. But on a cruise I am always in favor of doing both [whatever "both" may be].

Slightly off topic suggestion -- practice with your camera in twilight type lighting situations so you get the shots you want.

Archived