Negative Costa reviews

phider

(and there's a fee).

ignore the costa hater, too.

Now they have added a fee for the evening pizzas??????

One reason more to avoid this rip-off-line!! :mad:

Yes, there are no buffets in the evening, you just can go to the main dining room or to a speciality restaurant - at extra cost, of course...:rolleyes:

It is a shame that there is a cruise line which is not even able to let a together-belonging-party dine at the same time & table!

This line wants to be family-friendly??? Good joke! :D

Soon you even need to pay for the shower-water! :D

Edited by celebrity_fan

we're going on costa for the first time in january for my wife's birthday. i have just booked the samsara restaurant and we are in an inside guarantee cost 25 euros per head. so anyone canbook it provided there's room.

ah princess, what americans think of as a british cruise line, it's not it never has been or will be in the future.

it's part of carnival just like costa is.

GET OVER IT!!!!

I have read these posts with interest and trepidation as we are booked on a costa cruise in february 2014. we have sailed before with holland america, carnival, royal caribbean and ncl. they are all different but we have thoroughly enjoyed every one despite their differnces some of which suit and some not so much. one thing i am uncertain about is buffet dining on the serena in the evening. i have read in various posts that it is not open during the evening only lunch and breakfast. is this correct? our only potential problem and frankly this is bizarre - is what dining options are there to choose in the dining rooms. we have booked classic cabin with dining allocated. problem is there are 4 of us travelling together, in 2 cabins and the bookings had to be made separately, no facility to link them together (i have spoken to costa and this is definitely the case). so they suggest we upgrade to premium but what choice is there from this - dining time i understand, restaurant evidently depends on where your cabin is located. but how to ensure you can sit at the same table as your travelling companions. how do costa ensure this when family groups (especially with kids) are travelling together if there is no way to link the bookings. i have never experienced this with any other cruise line. we have booked guaranteed cabins and dining but have always been able to link the bookings so that we are located near each other and sit at the same table in the same restaurant at the same time. big black mark against costa here, unless of course someone can explain to me from experience how this works. i understand that you can always ask to change on board but this is a bit of a risk in case its not possible. if there is no buffet dining to fall back on then what? we are usually very flexible about things not being 'the same as last time', but dining is such a major part of a cruise we do feel it is important we get this bit right. don't much care whether our cabins are near or not, do care about the dining.

If you speak to the Maitre'd on your first evening, I am pretty sure he will do his best to seat you together. We weren't keen on the table allocated to us when we did our first Costa cruise, but the following night we were moved :)

It seems the first night everyone wants to move tables for whatever reason so it's always pretty hectic and the poor guy seems a little stressed.

May also be worth having a word at reception when you board - we've always found them very helpful.

Is 10 kinds of eggs benedict a standard feature of cruise ship? :)

Yeah... studying cruising via internet is FUN.

Eggs benedict are never made to order in buffet. Most of the ships do not have them in buffer at all. Omelets are made to order.

Looking at other things. Not every ship has everything listed. We did not have salmon on Grand Princess for example. Not a real cruise ship? Hardly.

You are right - they are not made to order but sitting there drying out, yuck.

Look on the bright side, at least on Costa we won't bump into certain posters:)

you are right - they are not made to order but sitting there drying out, yuck.

look on the bright side, at least on costa we won't bump into certain posters:)

lol!

if you ever run into someone demanding salmon benedict made with a croissant, you'll know who it is.

Edited by AnonymousCruiser69

Have more fun! :)

14xe99z.jpg

So Royal Caribbean ships, Princess ships and other companies ships where we did not find any eggs benedict on particular cruise were not real cruise ships?

On Grand Princess for example there was no salmon in buffet. Not a real cruise ship?

I can easily dissect each of your statements.

So Royal Caribbean ships, Princess ships and other companies ships where we did not find any eggs benedict on particular cruise were not real cruise ships?

On Grand Princess for example there was no salmon in buffet. Not a real cruise ship?

nope. you were only imagining you were on a ship. :eek:

Please pay attention to the thread title and the question that chrispb asked:

I've always found exactly the same breakfast items that I've had elsewhere so not sure what you found missing?

The answer was posted.

You haven't known that eggs bene are made to order in the buffet on a cruise ship and insisted on the opposite.

You were wrong.

See the menu.

You were laughing? It's time to laugh at those who were laughing. :)

To prevent embarrassment first learn more on the subject before "dissecting" someone's statements. :)

I still insist, that eggs benedict don't even exist in all ship's buffets. We always make a point to ask.

However it has nothing to do with definition of a cruise ship. Just like most of the paragraphs on your list. :)

I still insist, that eggs benedict don't even exist in all ship's buffets.

Tatka, this is not serious.

What is the point in "insisting" on something that goes without saying.:D

This what you were insisting:

Eggs benedict are never made to order in buffet.

Wrong.

The menu provided.

Case closed.

I guess it is a time to create a poll about eggs benedict made to order in massmarket ships' buffets.

We are huge e.b. fans and sailed on various ships of 7 different lines. We have never seen e.b. made to order in the buffet on any ships. So piece of menu does not prove anything to me. It does not even say if this was buffet's menu.

We actually saw e.b. in buffet on NCL Jewel, but only with spinach or lox, and not made to order. But this was a rare occasion out of all our cruises listed in my signature.

I'm not that keen on Eggs Benedict so can't recall if they were on Princess, Royal Caribbean or NCL but I do recall them on HAL because there were a few varieties - some with spinach.

I'll say it again - the items I like for breakfast ARE on Costa - so there!! And as you have no intention of sailing Costa again, it doesn't really matter does it?

never seen it on NCL in the buffet, only in dining rooms.

methinks this person is on another planet.

Wow!

Our cruise was on a space cruise ship!

The space cruise ship is called MS Nieuw Amsterdam.

For those interested.

Buffet breakfast menu on the Nieuw Amsterdam:

ostqup.jpg

i've been on hal a couple times. their itineraries are boring and the clientle is largely old, cranky people who are genenerally too fat and/or infirm to get off the ship. they can get their wheelchairs and scooters into the buffet and eat like it is their last meal (it may be).

i cruise for the itnierary - not to stuff my face.

Edited by AnonymousCruiser69

i've been on hal a couple times. their itineraries are boring and the clientle is largely old, cranky people who are genenerally too fat and/or infirm to get off the ship. they can get their wheelchairs and scooters into the buffet and eat like it is their last meal (it may be).

i cruise for the itnierary - not to stuff my face.

Hee-hee. Hal certainly caters for the American market NOT the European.