Any Alcohol That's Not Available In US?

JustCruiseMe

There are some rums that seem quite hard to find in most liquor stores. Don Q Gran Anjeo CAN be found, but our store wont get it. And I don't know if Ron Barrilito is sold outside of Puerto Rico. Both can be bought at the airport for the same price as anywhere else. And both are quite good- with nothing else. Just make sure the Barrilito is 3 star.

There's one other that I never remember the name, but the bottle has the general shape of a galic bulb. It's also good rum- you can find it in most souvineer stores oddly enough.

The rest usually can be found anywhere on the mainland.

Depending on how classy the gift needs to be, we always pick up a few boxes of Gasolina when we are in Puerto Rico. They are like Capri Suns, but with alcohol.

They are illegal in the 50 states since they look like juice pouches, so its a silly novelty that my friends get a kick out of. They come in Rum Punch, Mojito, and a few other flavors.

Absinthe - Illegal in the US at the proof and bottling we bought on the French side of St. Martin - for medicinal purposes only ;o)

If you want a real fun gift - Sheridan's, sold on the ship! Our friends go nutz over it!! Fancy double-bottle, cream and liquer........almost impossible to find in the states and if you order online, the shipping is crazy. Check it out in the Duty Free shop, usually 2 for $44.00 but looks and tastes like a million bucks!

I got hooked because the ship shopping guide said "not sold in the U.S. That was a while ago, but I still can not find it.

Edited by SMerritt

• 4 weeks later...

basically all the Puerto Rican national brands except Bacardi which is widely sold in the US.

Beer:

1. Medalla, it is the bestselling beer in PR, internationally awarded.

2. Magna

Liquor

1. Don Q - bestselling rum in PR.

2. Coquito - it is a coconut liquor that is part of the christmas menu in all puerto rican homes, it is sold year round by different companies

3. Sangria Fido

Malt beverage

1. Malta India - it contains no alcohol, a puerto rican favorite, also try Coco Rico a coconut soda.

Edited by orquidia

Any special alcohol that I can get here that we can't get in the US? I am interested in getting it for a gift. Thanks

and try this

http://gasolinadrink.com/usa/

Edited by ClCB0911

Any special alcohol that I can get here that we can't get in the US? I am interested in getting it for a gift. Thanks

I've been looking into this as well. So far I have the following on my list to look for:

Jack Daniel's Silver Select

Southern Comfort Special Reserve

Havana Club 7 Años

Havana Club Seleccion de Maestros

Cherry Marnier

Hennessey Pure White

Glenfiddich has several varieties; Age of Discovery, Distillery Edition, etc. Website lists all not imported into US

I have emailed a few places and have located a couple of these in St. Thomas, but haven't found everything on my list yet so I've got my hopes up that I can find them in Puerto Rico. May look into some of the other suggestions listed above as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Absinthe - Illegal in the US at the proof and bottling we bought on the French side of St. Martin - for medicinal purposes only ;o)

If you want a real fun gift - Sheridan's, sold on the ship! Our friends go nutz over it!! Fancy double-bottle, cream and liquer........almost impossible to find in the states and if you order online, the shipping is crazy. Check it out in the Duty Free shop, usually 2 for $44.00 but looks and tastes like a million bucks!

I got hooked because the ship shopping guide said "not sold in the U.S. That was a while ago, but I still can not find it.

Do you know if that Sheridan you mentioned is sold in Canada?? I had something similiar a few years ago near Niagara Falls and brought a few bottles back but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. (Guess I liked it a little too much... haha)

Things I buy in ports when I cruise (not just in San Juan) because I can't get them in the U.S.:

Sheridan's (which is a type of coffee liqueur)

Batida de Coco (Brazilian coconut liqueur I get in Europe, but haven't looked for in the Caribbean yet)

Almond Tequila- bought in Cozumel

Pomegranate Tequila- also in Cozumel

Orangina Light- bought in St. Maarten/St. Martin many times and taken onto ship

Dolce Vita perfume (no longer available in N. America though Dior still makes it)

Hope this helps!

I brought one home to a friend from my last St Martin visit,now he wants as much as we can bring back on our upcomming cruise. One shot and he's flying. I can't stand it because I don't like licorice flavor. But this is some serious strong stuff.

Edited by Bosjoe

I brought one home to a friend from my last St Martin visit,now he wants as much as we can bring back on our upcomming cruise. One shot and he's flying. I can't stand it because I don't like licorice flavor. But this is some serious strong stuff.

What brand do you recommend? I brought some absinthe back from Europe a few years ago which was awesome, but I can't remember the name.

What brand do you recommend? I brought some absinthe back from Europe a few years ago which was awesome, but I can't remember the name.

The one I bought is Absinthe Blue from Jacques Senaux. 78% alc/vol. Its the only one I found in the Caribbean in St Martin.