2014 preview sale

pj woods

I just took advantage of this a few days ago. I had my eye on an Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Liberty next summer. But the deposit was too much at the time - (3) people $900 deposit total. Then, came this sale. I got a lower price on the whole cruise but honestly the best part was only putting down $450 instead of $900.

Why is this better than Early Saver??? On Early Saver if the price drops I get a better rate. In all of my 6 cruises the rates have always gone down. The deposit really is not a big deal for me. Last time I booked at 1/2 deposit and than they had a sale and I had to pay the other 1/2 of the deposit to get the price reduction.

Why is this a better sale than any other sale from Carnival???

Thanks,

Why is this better than Early Saver??? On Early Saver if the price drops I get a better rate. In all of my 6 cruises the rates have always gone down. The deposit really is not a big deal for me. Last time I booked at 1/2 deposit and than they had a sale and I had to pay the other 1/2 of the deposit to get the price reduction.

Why is this a better sale than any other sale from Carnival???

Thanks,[/quoTE]

Strictly matter of opinion. I have never booked early saver. Too many restrictions if you need to change or cancel. Any rate allows for price drops. Early saver allows for the longest. I get that benefit but I'm willing to pay a slightly higher rate to ensure I can cancel or change without fees or stuck with a cruise credit that may never be used. We almost always take someone that's never cruised before with us. At least we did the last 3 trips. If a newbie winds up cancelling and can't get their money back, that would suck. Plus work schedules make the plans too fluid. Sometimes we have to make several changes. ES does not work for us.

Early Saver Doesn't Work Well For ME!!!! With That Being Said... I Just Canceled My Royal Caribbean's Jewel Of The Seas (Oct.14), And Booked Carnival Breeze!!!!! (Oct.14)!!!

This Fall 2014 Preview Sale Is GREAT For Solo Cruisers, Like Myself!!:)

This sale is one of the best ones I've seen! Sept 30 the is the last day.

I spoke with my PVP and he said that price drops for any rate are accepted up to the pay off date...early saver is the only promo that honors after then...he'd also mentioned that they had a meeting and Early Saver was discussed....he said they're not sure if ES is coming back :eek: ... Said that their Director is fighting to keep the promotion because it's a great selling tool.

I can't imagine not having ES...:eek::eek::eek:

I think the sale is horrible and can't wait for it to be over and have ES pricing return.

I've checked rates out of Galveston on the Magic and Triumph and they are wanting $93 and $98 per night..........that's ridiculous.......I've never paid more than $74 per night ON ANY CRUISE and my current cruises in October and February are at $52 (on the Magic in October) and $71 (on the Sunshine from NOLA in February.

I've never seen such crazy prices and the fact that the deposit is 1/2 is no real incentive for me since I pay in full at the time I make the booking.

These rates are not likely to come down until after final payment dates are reached since they would have to give you the price drop before then, so I guess I'll be booking last minute stuff for the remainder of 2014.

Strictly matter of opinion. I have never booked early saver. Too many restrictions if you need to change or cancel. Any rate allows for price drops. Early saver allows for the longest. I get that benefit but I'm willing to pay a slightly higher rate to ensure I can cancel or change without fees or stuck with a cruise credit that may never be used. We almost always take someone that's never cruised before with us. At least we did the last 3 trips. If a newbie winds up cancelling and can't get their money back, that would suck. Plus work schedules make the plans too fluid. Sometimes we have to make several changes. ES does not work for us.

I agree with you. I would never book Early Saver for the same reasons. I would rather be able to cancel and get a refund up until final payment date and will take advantage of any price drop that may come along until that date. After final payment date I just accept the price I have. I really liked the 1/2 deposits with this sale since I was booking for May 2014. It was nice to pay just $350 up front.

Archived