Flowers on board

cruisefreaks

We got the $39 floral arrangement for our room on the full-transit through Panama. It was gorgeous and lasted the entire 15 days. I think the more expensive ones would have been too big in the room. (We had a mini-suite.)

Trish

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone knows the price of the floral arrangements that you can buy on board. The "flower man" usually has a table set up outside the Explorers Lounge........

Certainly not a big deal, just wondering if anyone remembers.

Thanks!!

D

I could check for you in November when I cruise. I am assuming prices are different onboard purchase than pre-order from Princess site? Seems like there is more to choose from once onboard.

I've seen the pictures and the price list on the Princess site, but those are promotional pcitures. I'd love to see real live pictures of flowers people received. FTD flowers look pretty nice in the pictures too and that's not always what arrives at your door.

As for the price list, some people have mentioned that there is a lot more selection on board than those 3 arrangements, so I was also hoping to see pictures and pricing of some of those other selections.

Also is there a price list or pictures of the selections or something. I'm really interested in this.

There is a photo book at the Purser's Desk you can view. There are many more arrangements at more price points than the three mentioned above.

Lew

We got the $39 floral arrangement for our room on the full-transit through Panama. It was gorgeous and lasted the entire 15 days. I think the more expensive ones would have been too big in the room. (We had a mini-suite.)

Trish

I ordered the large arrangement. I too was worried that it would be a bit big , but it fitted just perfectly between counter top and top shelf of the TV-fridge-shelves etc unit. We usually kept it on the table in front of the couch ( we were in a mini) but when using the table ! Or just for a change, I moved it to the other spot. They lasted for the 10 days of the cruise , and except for a few small flowers, could have lasted longer. I really enjoyed them and the arrangement was almost exactly as in the picture on Princess website.

There is a photo book at the Purser's Desk you can view. There are many more arrangements at more price points than the three mentioned above.

Lew

Do you know if you can order on boarding day and how long does it take for the arrangements to be delivered to your cabin? Very interesting information, thank you.

Do you know if you can order on boarding day and how long does it take for the arrangements to be delivered to your cabin? Very interesting information, thank you.

If you stop by the "flower man" on the 2nd day of your cruise (usually sea day), the arrangement will often be delivered within the hour......at least that has been our experience. However we only have ordered a 3 rose arrangement in a bud vase.

Might splurge this time for a biggie.......it's our 25th and we want to indulge. :D

Out past cruising has ben out of Ft. Lauderdale and I've brought on my own flowers but this time we're leaving out of NYC with a Princess transfer so not sure if I can get flowers on my own. We've had many people comment on our flowers.

That sounds like a good idea but do you bring your own vase? How to you transport them on board? I've seen flowers for sale in many ports but don't know what to do with them when back in my cabin.

Any advice?

:)

We recently sailed out of Seattle. I went to Pike Place market in the morning and got huge bouquets for $5 each! I'd read that you could ask your cabin steward for a vase, but she looked at me like I was crazy - but resourceful woman she was, she brought a big ice bucket. Not quite as attractive, but it worked and saved some cash to be spent on other goodies. We got lots of comments as we boarded. The flowers lasted all week and really brightened up the room.

flowers.jpg.5179168544ef738bfa13b47a79b01a8b.jpg

Usually within a few hours. Quality has always been fabulous. It doesn't seem to matter if I order in advance or once onboard. Very pleased. Arrangements would cost 2x as much if I ordered them back home.

Usually within a few hours. Quality has always been fabulous. It doesn't seem to matter if I order in advance or once onboard. Very pleased. Arrangements would cost 2x as much if I ordered them back home.

Thank you Coral for the information. Any special arrangements you got? I do have a leaning towards birds of paradise... family tradition..

Thank you Coral for the information. Any special arrangements you got? I do have a leaning towards birds of paradise... family tradition..

We usually go for the one with birds of paradise also (larger arrangement). It works great in a mini suite which we usually get.

I love the birds of paradise also and it doesn't grow where I live (midwest) so I find it exotic. It surprises me every time I fly in to LAX how common they are in LA as they are all over the exterior of the airport there.

We usually go for the one with birds of paradise also (larger arrangement). It works great in a mini suite which we usually get.

I love the birds of paradise also and it doesn't grow where I live (midwest) so I find it exotic. It surprises me every time I fly in to LAX how common they are in LA as they are all over the exterior of the airport there.

And birds of paradise and the Carribean go so well together ! Last cruise was in the Carribean. How do the arrangements you get that way compare to those you can pre-order on Princess website ? I believe that information could also be of interest to OP.

I am a bit confused by the answers. I know some people have referred to the flowers you can order in the gifts section on their web site. However, I though the op was speaking about buying on board. I remember buying flowers on board and they would make up what we wanted and we could get other prices that just those advertised in the gift section. Plus, we could buy individual flowers and order a small bouquet through them.

The flower guys will not be out on embarcation day. If you want to order flowers the first day, just go to the Purser's Desk. They have a book you can look through. Flowers are delivered the same day you order them. I like carnations, rather than the 'tropical' types of flowers. A dozen carnations is around $30, the 3 roses are $19. They will make pretty much anything you like if you go when the flower table is set up. Check the Patter for the times. They are quite elusive. :D

823801481_3roses.jpg.c1c381a5505ac0d9d5163988c89f52aa.jpg

carnations.jpg.bf939de7a74b85f101eef9c2e9ef7526.jpg

Archived