Special concoction you've made with food available

crusinpsychRN

We like to get the hot chocolate on the lido deck and add soft serve to it. Instant frozen hot chocolate' date=' lido deck style!

I did this on our last cruise and loved it! I'm going to try the orange juice and soft serve this cruise. I also am a fan of the turkey Reuben, or as I call it, the blonde Reuben.

Great thread!!

The first night, the melting cake was a little unbalanced with flavors. I added a dash of table salt and that made it perfect!

On one of the other nights, another guest at our table ordered the melting cake with butter pecan instead of vanilla ice cream--WOW. So good.

Goodness only knows what amazingly delicious sludge you can concoct from the afternoon buffet (nacho chips, melted cheese, chicken tenders, fries, etc.). My sister and I had a pretty good go at it. :D

Woah, that's next level stuff right there. I will absolutely be doing this on my cruise this spring. Peanut butter is my weakness. Adding chocolate = game over.

Not a HUGE fan of WCMC - but I think I will have to try BOTH ways - the peanut butter one night and the butter pecan ice cream another.

Maybe I just haven't had the right combination yet!! ;)

Mmm there are some great ideas in this thread. I haven't tried this yet but I'm think of getting a roll from the deli with just lettuce tomato and mayo and then going up to the fish and chips station and getting some fried oysters to make a simple oyster po boy :D

Sent from my Xoom using Forums mobile app

What a great thread! I absolutely love this idea and will try this too.

I'm in the middle of trying to lose an additional 50 pounds by my May cruise (10 pounds down as of now). First reason is I want to look good for all of the honeymoon pictures, but a close second reason is to do all of these fun things guilt free.

Not a HUGE fan of WCMC - but I think I will have to try BOTH ways - the peanut butter one night and the butter pecan ice cream another.

Maybe I just haven't had the right combination yet!! ;)

Same here. The WCMC is ok but there are a ton of other deserts that I'd rather have. But the peanut butter idea is too good to pass up. The butter pecan will be amazing as well I'm sure.

Some of our creations: (visiting various stations for toppings)

- Chili Cheese Nachos

nachos from grill, toppings from grill and buffet

- Chicken Cheese Nachos

same as above

- Chili Cheese Fries

same as above

- Bacon Cheese Burger (when no guy burger on ship)

on sea days, get bacon from late risers grill and add to burger from grill on other side of the deck.

- Cookies and Ice Cream

- Brownies and Ice Cream

- I prefer the shredded cheese from the toppings bars (when available) on my salads over the cubes provided on the salad bar.

- Fried Chicken fingers from grill on salad

- We prefer our ice cream in a coffee mug rather than the small bowls. Holds more and provides a handle.

Can't wait to try the hot chocolate and ice cream and several of the other tips on here. Thanks!

I get an omelette in the morning at the lido buffet with veggies and bacon then I go to the Blue Iguana Cantina and top it with fresh salsa, quest fresco and some medium hot sauce. It makes a great breakfast.

Will definitely be trying this on our next cruise.

OMG, it's past midnight here, and this thread is making me hungry! :D

I'm definitely inspired though. Has anyone tried the wine ice cream from Mercer's? I'm thinking if I order a glass of dry red I could pour it over some soft serve for a nice wine shake kind of deal. Sounds like the perfect pool drink! :p

Not a fan of the coffee at the buffet but found if I did 1/2 hot chocolate and 1/2 coffee I was able to get my morning fix.

Where do you get the hot chocolate? I don't remember seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Where do you get the hot chocolate? I don't remember seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The HC machine is right next to the coffee machines. The HC has a clear container on top, the coffee's is solid.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Mmm there are some great ideas in this thread. I haven't tried this yet but I'm think of getting a roll from the deli with just lettuce tomato and mayo and then going up to the fish and chips station and getting some fried oysters to make a simple oyster po boy :D

Sent from my Xoom using Forums mobile app

On ships w/o the fish and chips, you could add chicken fingers. Sounds good.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't read back through the whole thread, but in addition to my previous post about WCMC and the Cheese Plate (I enjoy the sweet and savory together.

On ships with both a Guys and a Cucina. I stop by the Guys and get a small dish of bacon to take upstairs and add to my pasta bowl that's made with alfredo sauce. It's a close approximation to Pasta Carbonara.

• 2 months later...