Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

I just read through the whole Breeze portion of your trip today. Thank you for taking the time to be so thorough. I'll be sailing her in September on the same itinerary and I feel more than prepared!

Thanks, have a wonderful trip. :)

Hi! Are you going to do a review of your most recent March cruise? Would LOVE to hear what you have to say about those ports and see pictures too!! :):):):)

Sorry, not for a while, we just moved in a new house and there is lots to do. Painting, new flooring, still unpacking, etc.

Edited by MikeyA53

Great review and pictures!! I really enjoyed reading your reviews. Now after reading your detailed review on the Breeze, I want to take my mom on the Breeze next year March to celebrate her birthday. :)

Thanks, you will love her her, she's a very nice ship. :)

Hey Mike,

My Fun Group decided to cruise on the Carnival Freedom this year and because of your review of GalleryOne Doubletree we are staying there the day before. I see you & the family have already moved, hope everything is going well.

Michel (Ms. Fun Bunch)

Hey Mike,

My Fun Group decided to cruise on the Carnival Freedom this year and because of your review of GalleryOne Doubletree we are staying there the day before. I see you & the family have already moved, hope everything is going well.

Michel (Ms. Fun Bunch)

All is well, have fun. Wish we were cruising, it won't be until next fall before we can go again.

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome review!! We will be sailing on the Breeze, for the second time, at the end of the month and your review has made me extremely eager, for this 8 night itinerary!!

Thanks, I would love to sail on her again. Have a nice cruise. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Arielle had the Nonna’s Linguine & Meatballs

Arielle and I must have the same tastes in food. I have been looking forward to Nonna's meatballs since I had them at the Taste Bar on the Pride in June!!

Mike, I was going to wait until I finished this review (for the second time!) to comment but I just want to join all the others and thank you so much for the time and effort you put in. We will be sailing Breeze in six short weeks and while I love exploring new ships it is so nice to have some idea of where I am going and what it will look like. Your reviews provide that and are much better than any travel site I have found.

Again thank you so so much and well wishes to you and your beautiful family.

Arielle had the Nonna’s Linguine & Meatballs

Arielle and I must have the same tastes in food. I have been looking forward to Nonna's meatballs since I had them at the Taste Bar on the Pride in June!!

Mike, I was going to wait until I finished this review (for the second time!) to comment but I just want to join all the others and thank you so much for the time and effort you put in. We will be sailing Breeze in six short weeks and while I love exploring new ships it is so nice to have some idea of where I am going and what it will look like. Your reviews provide that and are much better than any travel site I have found.

Again thank you so so much and well wishes to you and your beautiful family.

Thanks, always glad to hear that my reviews are helpful. Have a wonderful cruise. Mike

Mike,

I finally finished reading your review...it took me a week.

Thanks for taking an amazing amount of time to put this together! your pictures were terrific and you described everything very well. I feel like I was there with your beautiful family. It's also really nice of you to answer everyone's questions.

We sail on the Liberty soon and are really looking forward to exploring the ship thanks to your photos. I almost wish I had booked the Breeze instead but I can do that one next year I suppose. I'm trying to get some of the family to try cruising.

That cove balcony looked good - being close to the water might be nice.

I took notes as I was reading so I know what to do in the ports when I get a chance to visit them on future trips.

Thanks again! I'll be on the lookout for your other reviews.

Mike,

I finally finished reading your review...it took me a week.

Thanks for taking an amazing amount of time to put this together! your pictures were terrific and you described everything very well. I feel like I was there with your beautiful family. It's also really nice of you to answer everyone's questions.

We sail on the Liberty soon and are really looking forward to exploring the ship thanks to your photos. I almost wish I had booked the Breeze instead but I can do that one next year I suppose. I'm trying to get some of the family to try cruising.

That cove balcony looked good - being close to the water might be nice.

I took notes as I was reading so I know what to do in the ports when I get a chance to visit them on future trips.

Thanks again! I'll be on the lookout for your other reviews.

Thank you, it's difficult to get someone to try cruising when they are influenced by negative news reports and other non- cruisers. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Mike

• 1 month later...
Hi Mike, Tracy and kids!

We are cruising on the Breeze (so excited!) over this Thanksgiving and I was going to show your pics of your cove balcony room, since that is what we booked, and the pics are not coming up. Is it just my computer or something else? Thanks!!

My membership to Photobucket expired, renewed this morning. You should be able to see them now.

Have a wonderful cruise. Mike

• 3 months later...

After the party we decided to skip dinner and instead went to the Taste Bar.

DSC_00492_zps6837fd05.jpg

DSC_00482_zps9b51db90.jpg

DSC_00512_zpsd42b925b.jpg

DSC_00472_zpse1d2dce9.jpg

Treat time

DSC_00542_zps07d2e701.jpg

Mitch hates it when I photograph him with his friends. Someday he’ll thank me.

DSC_00522_zpsf7b02c82.jpg

Mine hated it too when took a photo of him with friends. Not a flattering look I received when taking a photo. - and almost a rude hand gesture which my look back before he did it was worse. Now that he aged out of the angst years we have an adult polite human. Glad your son smiles

Edited by Buffettfan 225

Not very cheerful early in the morning.

DSC_01282_zps39954e29.jpg

Our last breakfast

DSC_01292_zpsa4373915.jpg

We disembarked with our luggage just after 10 am. With our Platinum status we did receive tags the night before that allowed us to disembark early, but like I said we didn’t need them.

Customs was busy, it took about 30 minutes.

DSC_01302_zps6e64d76f.jpg

Once outside we walked over to the terminal on our left and the porter put ‘faster to the fun tags’ on the luggage and again we breezed through security with the designated line for Platinum/Diamond. I still had one cooler full of flavored water, diet coke and 2 bottles of wine.

This time security checked all the water bottles, by shaking each one of them. It only took 30 seconds and we were on our way to the VIP lounge.

When we first got there we were directed to the lounge. Within 5 minutes, they called our name to the desk. We obtained our Sail & Sign cards and immediately boarded the ship.

DSC_01322_zpse6a71647.jpg

DSC_01332_zps63f65931.jpg

DSC_01342_zpsac40a596.jpg

THAT photo of your kids is PRICELESS! My son at that time was just like your son- but now I miss us being on our one and only cruise as he is now in the AirForce....... By the way- I am spending my Sunday morning- afternoon and evening reading your FAB reviews. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing them and your experience with us all!!!

We are from RI - a little island off the coast to be specific! We are loving your review - we will be on the liberty March 22, 2015. We went to Ft. Lauderdale for a week in January prior to our cruise on the Splendor and had so much fun on the water taxi!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. Mike

THAT photo of your kids is PRICELESS! My son at that time was just like your son- but now I miss us being on our one and only cruise as he is now in the AirForce....... By the way- I am spending my Sunday morning- afternoon and evening reading your FAB reviews. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing them and your experience with us all!!!

Thank you, they do grow up to fast, I believe our next cruise will be without the two of them. :(