Another Allure Review ~ 9/22/2013

flyawayca

Just off the Allure today and sitting at the Fort Lauderdale airport. I need something to do to pass the time! Flight isn't until 5:20 tonight...

I'll start my review now So you know what to expect. But when I get home I will include pictures and add to it as I have the time :)

I know there are tons of great Allure reviews out already. And you've also already received some good information from others on my sailing. Hopefully I can add to what is already out there with my opinions and experiences.

If you have any questions please ask!

My husband and I are from California. We went on this cruise to celebrate my 30th birthday. Also with us was my Aunt (known on CC as Skertso) and my Uncle.

This was my 6th cruise. 2nd with RCI.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on 12th street in Fort Lauderdale the night before.

We had Ocean view Balcony room #12726. Our first balcony!

We ate in the MDR, Park Cafe, Windjammer, Wipe Out Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Johnny Rockets, and Giovanni's Table. I intend to review each for you.

We had reservations for, and saw, all of the main shows. We also used the zip line, flow rider, mini golf, and carousel. We did not use the pools.

In Haiti we enjoyed the beach, snorkeled, and shopped.

In Jamaica we did a ship excursion to the Swamp Safari.

In Cozumel we went to Chankanaab Park.

I intend to review all of our ports and our excursion experiences.

Hopefully this helps you know what to expect from my full review to come soon! Thanks for letting me try to help the time go by faster :D

Sent from my XT1058 using Forums mobile app

Look forward to your review as each of us experiences are different. To me that is a big part of the fun to read the reviews and look at the pictures. Get a little feel like I was back on ship enjoying another cruise.

Also, many times, get great ideas for our future trips. :)

Hello

We have a lot in common but our cruise is not until June 15,2014:mad:

I have a lot to ask you....1 st what airline are you flying and cost?

We are from Ca too!

How did you like your cabin...We have a cabin next to yours...12279 I think?

Sent from my XT1080

Edited by bpphoto

Oops....it's cabin 12729.... Last one on the starboard side....

How was the noise? Is that a deal breaker or would you book it again? What bout the long walk to different areas?

Sent from my XT1080

Edited by bpphoto

We flew Southwest Airlines to Fort Lauderdale. The best time to book on Southwest is about 4 months in advance during their sales. Don't wait too long because prices skyrocket. I paid about $170pp

Our flight home is with US Airways. I waited too long and Southwest cost too much. Got this flight for about $270pp

I usually gave better timing with flights but life got busy this time. I've gotten flights to Florida for $300 round trip per person. I try to never pay more than $375pp roundtrip.

Your cruise will be here soon enough and you will love it. The most amazing ship I have ever seen.

My balcony was across from the one you book so I wasn't directly over the boardwalk like you will be.

I never heard noise in my room, but could hear the music and shows while on my balcony. It never bothered me. Your room may be different because you're closer to the boardwalk but I doubt you would hear much of anything. They block out a lot of noise.

And also when most of the shows and noise from the boardwalk is going in you probably won't be in your room anyway. I think you will be fine.

It is an extra walk to get down that hallway. Sometimes it was a pain when I was feeling lazy but definitely not a deal breaker. Unless you have mobility issues I think you will be fine with that too.

Being at the end of the balcony does have perks. Less noise from people going up and down the halls. Plus you will have a better view of all the fun stuff on the balcony. You can see the ocean from there and the aqua theater better.

Did you get a chance to use the "Secret Belcony" at the end of the deck over looking the Aqua Theater??? That was another reason we booked our cabin there...Was it busy there???;)

Edited by bpphoto

This is the first I've heard of this. What's going on? What are people experiencing?

I booked the Swamp Safari excursion online directly with RCI months ago but didn't have any problems. I also didn't hear anyone else talk about problems.

Just off the Allure today and sitting at the Fort Lauderdale airport. I need something to do to pass the time! Flight isn't until 5:20 tonight...

I'll start my review now So you know what to expect. But when I get home I will include pictures and add to it as I have the time :)

I know there are tons of great Allure reviews out already. And you've also already received some good information from others on my sailing. Hopefully I can add to what is already out there with my opinions and experiences.

My husband and I are from California. We went on this cruise to celebrate my 30th birthday. Also with us was my Aunt (known on CC as Skertso) and my Uncle.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on 12th street in Fort Lauderdale the night before.

We ate in the MDR, Park Cafe, Windjammer, Wipe Out Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Johnny Rockets, and Giovanni's Table. I intend to review each for you.

We had reservations for, and saw, all of the main shows. We also used the zip line, flow rider, mini golf, and carousel. We did not use the pools.

Hopefully this helps you know what to expect from my full review to come soon! Thanks for letting me try to help the time go by faster :D

Can you give me some quick thoughts on Chankanaab??? (we are traveling w/ DS-14 & DD-4 at the time of travel)

We are looking at Chankanaab with a close 2nd of Playa Mia....If I have time I would like to run over the Monkey Bar for a quick snorkel just to see how it is...(Im a SCUBA diver but won't be doing any diving on this trip:mad:!)

Yep. We used them. But honestly there is just so much to do on the ship you don't have much time to spend on balconies ;)

They were never really busy. I saw a few people using them here and there. A few more than usual during the aqua shows but it was never packed or anything like that.

We did use the secret balcony for sail away and I felt it was the best spot. There was only about 8 people there and they go just out far enough for good side views. I ended up using the one on the port side though because I wanted to see the house with the flow rider :)

I will do a full review on Chankanaab with photos when I'm home.

But in a nutshell... GO THERE!

I was so impressed! Loved it! I will probably go every time I'm in Cozumel from now on. Plenty to do for all age groups!

Snorkeling, kayaking, beaches, scuba diving, swimming, sand, dolphins, sea lion shows, manta rays, manatees, walking trails, lagoon with fish, crocodiles, tequila factory, and MORE!

I hate to tell people because I don't want it to get busy :D

Looking forward to the review. I will be doing a B2B in beginning June 29, 2014 on the Allure of the Seas. There are never too many reviews, as far as I am concerned, about a ship I am waiting to go on.

Thanks for taking the time to review and post pictures. It is truly appreciated, and will add to my anticipation, as well as help to pass the time until I board in June.

Sounds like you've had a great cruise. Waiting to hear more.

Did you do Rita's Fiesta?

It was a fantastic cruise!

But no, sorry didn't do Rita's Fiesta so I won't be much help there :(

Great review, looking forward in reading more. Have yourself a safe trip home to California.

Time seems to be going very slow for us as we'll be boarding the Allure on Oct. 20th., will be doing a B2B and the excitement is mounting.

Can't wait to read your full review! You mentioned you had a late flight out of FLL Airport. What time did you disembark the ship then? We're in a similar situation with a later flight and I'm wondering what is the absolute latest time to be off the ship. Thanks.

Can't wait to read your full review! You mentioned you had a late flight out of FLL Airport. What time did you disembark the ship then? We're in a similar situation with a later flight and I'm wondering what is the absolute latest time to be off the ship. Thanks.

I am not trying to be rude here - but if you look at the post you posted yesterday at 2:25pm there are some answers to your question already.

One of the answers to question is 9:30 - 10:00am would the latest.

Some of the post replies have mentioned that the ship needs to be "Cleared" by custom's before the next group of passengers can board

Edited by canadiancruiser13

I will do a full review on Chankanaab with photos when I'm home.

But in a nutshell... GO THERE!

I was so impressed! Loved it! I will probably go every time I'm in Cozumel from now on. Plenty to do for all age groups!

Snorkeling, kayaking, beaches, scuba diving, swimming, sand, dolphins, sea lion shows, manta rays, manatees, walking trails, lagoon with fish, crocodiles, tequila factory, and MORE!

I hate to tell people because I don't want it to get busy :D

I agree with you totally about Chankanaab. We have been twice and loved it. I don't know about you, but we just walked to the back of the port and got a taxi to take us there. Plenty of taxis to and from.

Great review, looking forward in reading more. Have yourself a safe trip home to California.

Time seems to be going very slow for us as we'll be boarding the Allure on Oct. 20th., will be doing a B2B and the excitement is mounting.

I wish I could have done a B2B! You really need that extra week to experience everything on the ship let alone the ports. Hope you have fun!