First Timers!!!

marriedinva

hello all,

this is my first post so i'd like to introduce us...we are carrie and trevor (38 and 43).

we are newlyweds (married on august 29th) and this will be our honeymoon.

we are about to book our first ever cruise and are super excited! :D :D

it already feels like we might fall in love with cruising and become easily addicted.

when booking with our travel agent, is there any 'honeymoon' perk that we may be able to expect that we don't have to pay extra for?? i've heard of room decorations and the like, but didn't know if we have to ask for these ourselves or if it's something our TA will arrange for us.

thanks for the info

i'll be all over this website from now until may!

carrie

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the wonderful world of cruising! There is a treasure trove of information here. You can find out just about anything by reading and posting.

Which cruise line, ship, and itinerary have you booked? We can help you much more if you post details.

Happy Honeymoon!

hello all,

this is my first post so i'd like to introduce us...we are carrie and trevor (38 and 43).

we are newlyweds (married on august 29th) and this will be our honeymoon.

we are about to book our first ever cruise and are super excited! :D :D

it already feels like we might fall in love with cruising and become easily addicted.

when booking with our travel agent, is there any 'honeymoon' perk that we may be able to expect that we don't have to pay extra for?? i've heard of room decorations and the like, but didn't know if we have to ask for these ourselves or if it's something our TA will arrange for us.

thanks for the info

i'll be all over this website from now until may!

carrie

Congratulations on your recent marriage.

There is a 'just married' package of decorations that you can purchase from the cruise line prior to sailing. When you get on board and find your cabin, it will be already decorated. I did that for my husband's 55th birthday - and he loved it! The decorations will probably include a door sign as well as decorations hanging from your cabin ceiling.

When you book your cruise, be sure to look for it on the Roll Calls here on Cruise Critic. It will be a wonderful opportunity to 'meet' your fellow cruisers as well as to have your multitude of questions answered. Frequently, someone on your roll call will have arranged excursions and/or sea day activities. Also - sign up for your meet and greet. if cruising on either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you can sign up for the your meet and greet through your roll call here on Cruise Critic.

Enjoy your first cruise - but be careful - cruising is addictive!!!! :eek: :D

Congratulations on your marriage (and on your decision to honeymoon on a cruise ship)! My husband and my first cruise was our honeymoon cruise (in 1994 on RCI). Back then, they gave us a bottle of cheap champagne and two RCI wine glasses, which we still have. Not sure if they still do that, though.

My first cruise was my honeymoon cruise too, and it did make me fall in love with cruising. I thought a cruise was the perfect way to honeymoon, because after all that wedding planning stress, this one's all planned out for you. You can do as much or as little as you want.

Like everyone else here said, they don't really give you anything special because it's your honeymoon. You can pay for a package, but I don't think they're really worth it. Our TA sent a bottle of wine and a nice card to our stateroom though, which was really nice. One night at dinner, our waiter decided to give us a happy honeymoon cake with the singing and everything, which was cheesy and hilarious. Oh, and you get preference for a seating for 2 as well. We stayed in a Sheraton before our cruise, and we feel like they did more "special" things for us because it was our honeymoon, like giving us the corner room with a view, a bottle of champagne, things like that. So I guess cruises are just not into that type of stuff.

So instead of the cruise line's honeymoon package, I would rather book extra things for the cruise, like getting a nice balcony room and having money onboard to splurge for things like specialty dining, some drinks, maybe spa if you're into that sort of thing. And spend a bit more for port excursions.

Archived