Straight talk,; your personal phonesyste on a Cruise

fishycomics

What are your thoughts about Straight talk products, to make and receive unlimited free calls on a cruise Has anyone tried this?

Services of straight talk can be found at the Wal-Mart site

VZ, AT&T, Uses Cell tower gps, CDMA...

What are your thoughts, and opinions....

Voice calls onboard are $2.49/minute. There is no way to get out of it. If you have a standard cell plan you will be billed by your carrier.

Prepaid phones have no way to bill a customer who has already paid and may never return.

Prepaid phones will not work on a ship.

As an aside, neither will Consumer Cellular even tho they have a way to bill their customers. Their terms of service make clear that they only serve the US and its territories. (they use ATT towers, so anywhere ATT has service, so does CC)

If you are sailing Carnival, they have ship to shore voice service for $1.99/min. from the phone in your cabin.

Straight Talk doesn't even work in a lot of the USA.

I live and work 80 miles West of Phoenix in the middle of the desert. There are only 26 houses out here in 70,000 acres of farmland that supply a lot of hay for dairy cattle, garbanzo beans, melons and grapes.

Two or three of the neighbors and our office have purchased Straight Talk from Walmart. If it doesn't work here except SPORADICALLY, what makes you think it is going to work on a cruise ship???

IN ADDITION, PREPAID phone services DO NOT work on cruise ships. You MUST have an account to BILL the phone calls to. Trac Phone, Boost, Straight Talk, Vonage, all those that are either prepaid or VOIP DO NOT work on cruise ships. You MUST have an account to bill the phone calls to.

DON'T waste your money.

What are your thoughts about Straight talk products, to make and receive unlimited free calls on a cruise Has anyone tried this?

Services of straight talk can be found at the Wal-Mart site

VZ, AT&T, Uses Cell tower gps, CDMA...

What are your thoughts, and opinions....

For me one of the best things about cruising is NO cell phones! Try it and you'll be relaxing and having a great vacation.

Yes its a Nationwide/Domestic only unit. Yes it will work when you are at a port of call. and I never said to take it worldwide.

:D

FORGET anyplace out of the USA. Straightalk (if it works) is ONLY USA based. FORGET it on a cruise unless you are cruising around Hawaii.

WILL NOT WORK!!!

Yes its a Nationwide/Domestic only unit. Yes it will work when you are at a port of call. and I never said to take it worldwide.

:D

Any cell phone with a US SIM chip or hard-wired to work in the US will work in a port of call in the US. I'm not sure why you posted - sounds like an advertisement...

Archived