OPEN BAR Cruise Review!! Fascination ~ 9/26/13

DarthGrady

My boyfriend and I booked a January 7 day- eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Fantasy. We're new to the cruises and didn't know if the "Cheers" package was actually worth the $$$ - I mean, $50 a day per person for adult beverages ??? Would one of us be okay to purchase it or would we both need to buy it?

Any help would be appreciated :) thanks!!!

My boyfriend and I booked a January 7 day- eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Fantasy. We're new to the cruises and didn't know if the "Cheers" package was actually worth the $$$ - I mean, $50 a day per person for adult beverages ??? Would one of us be okay to purchase it or would we both need to buy it?

Any help would be appreciated :) thanks!!!

Both of you would have to buy it. You really have to look at the cost and figure out if it will be worth it for you. Beers on board average about 5 bucks, most mixed drinks vary between 6 and 10 depending on what it is.

On a normal cruise I wouldn't drink as much as I do on these open bar trips just because I'm cheap (or I'll bring my own ;)). With the bar card I'll drink all day and not bat an eye since it's already paid for.

Carnival used to (and may still, I'm not sure) offer an open bar package to large groups. It had to be 30 or more cabins, and everyone had to buy it. It also had to be approved on a case by case basis, so each group wasn't guaranteed it.

It could also be rescinded, like in the case of an especially rowdy group that was with an Orlando based radio show. If you do some digging you can probably find one of these groups with the old package and join them. Shoot me an email, its my screen name @cox.net and I can give you some info that I can't put on CC.

"Cheers" is similar, but subject to the silly 15 a day cap.

Mind if I email you too? I wouldn't mind a little more info about that package, if its okay with you.

Thanks for the review! Fascination was my first ever Carnival ship and all these years later I am finally going back on her this year for a Halloween cruise. We did cheers on Fantasy last month and have decided to do cheers in 2 weeks on Fascination too. I don't think I even came close to the 15/day last time so I think we will be ok on the limit. It is so nice to see the cheers (or equivalent) in action on her!!

Glad I'm keeping an eye out...Another great set of photos. :):):):)

Thanks!

Thanks for the review! Fascination was my first ever Carnival ship and all these years later I am finally going back on her this year for a Halloween cruise. We did cheers on Fantasy last month and have decided to do cheers in 2 weeks on Fascination too. I don't think I even came close to the 15/day last time so I think we will be ok on the limit. It is so nice to see the cheers (or equivalent) in action on her!!

You're gonna have an awesome time, she's a great ship. Well, maybe not so much in the piano bar, but the rest of it was a lot of fun. :D

If you meet Josephres at the lobby bar (and you definitely should), tell him Jagermeister guys from a few weeks ago say hi and that he got an excellent review from me in my survey. :)

Edited by DarthGrady

Oh, dear . . .

Perhaps not the best fit for the role assigned. :(

:eek: seriously.

(I wish...among many wishes...that CCL would do a better job of hiring guys for the piano bar. We have experienced nothign but duds :( )

GREAT pics Darth!! Thanks :)

Edited by halos

Great review.....except the piano bar. I believe his name is robert cozma and his contract got extended....i think. So, he will probably be on my 11/2 sailing.......not what i wanted to hear. Usually enjoy the piano bar due to the fun interaction between the entertainer and the crowd.

I loved the paino bar on the Fascination was it was the smoking bar, then they changed that, and two years ago, the piano player wasnt good, funny or play anything that anyone wanted to sing along to. It made a great place for tea in the afternoon.:D Now to hear he is snotty too? Still makes a great place for tea.

Thanks for the review-your camera was steady and the areas all empty=when did you take pictures? What time of day? Also it looked cloudy, was it cloudy all the time, and what were the temperatures in the Bahamas-leaving next week. Thanks

I loved the paino bar on the Fascination was it was the smoking bar, then they changed that, and two years ago, the piano player wasnt good, funny or play anything that anyone wanted to sing along to. It made a great place for tea in the afternoon.:D Now to hear he is snotty too? Still makes a great place for tea.

Thanks for the review-your camera was steady and the areas all empty=when did you take pictures? What time of day? Also it looked cloudy, was it cloudy all the time, and what were the temperatures in the Bahamas-leaving next week. Thanks

I got most of the interiors while we were in port, once the ship mostly cleared out.

Temps were mid 80s in the daytime, 70s at night, very nice.