Navigator Deck 12 Plan as of Feb 5th? Anyone find it yet?

petel

I don't think the physical dimensions of the cabins are changing at all. If you compare the Navigator's Deck 10 plans with the Virtual Balconies to the Mariner's Deck 10 plans, the cabin locations are identical.

There is no real change to room size. But wonder how many sq ft of balcony are virtually added :)

On a serious note, they are only converting the 2 person rooms. Not the ones with the Pullman beds.

We booked a virtual balcony room for August, not because if the virtual balcony, but because of location and there wasn't a big premium.

There is no real change to room size. But wonder how many sq ft of balcony are virtually added :)

On a serious note, they are only converting the 2 person rooms. Not the ones with the Pullman beds.

We booked a virtual balcony room for August, not because if the virtual balcony, but because of location and there wasn't a big premium.

We mostly stay in inside cabins. I just can't see a large screen with a "video" of a balcony anywhere in a cabin so small. The headboard is against the back wall. I can't see them placing the screen on either side of the bed, since it wouldn't be a focal point of the cabin. The view of the "balcony" would be different than the direction the ship would be going. Does that make any sense? I'll really be interested to see the first pictures post dry dock.

Interesting. I rarely need to spend $10 -15 per person for really good Mexican (well, Tex-Mex) food here in Houston. I think if it is good, people might be willing to pay. But they cover charge is pretty high for that type of restaurant, at least for those of us in Texas.
We are in Colorado and we have great TEX-MEX food here. I was also working in Texas for 5 months during the summer and $25.00 cover is TOOOOO much.

We mostly stay in inside cabins. I just can't see a large screen with a "video" of a balcony anywhere in a cabin so small. The headboard is against the back wall. I can't see them placing the screen on either side of the bed, since it wouldn't be a focal point of the cabin. The view of the "balcony" would be different than the direction the ship would be going. Does that make any sense? I'll really be interested to see the first pictures post dry dock.

Bed's will be turned side ways, video will be on back wall

Bed's will be turned side ways, video will be on back wall

Probably so, but that cabin will be awfully tight on that side wall if the bed is separated into two twins. It works with a balcony cabin but they're larger than insides. Even PR cabins with the bed on the side wall are larger. Guess it could work with rearranged furniture.

My concern is RCI is adding over 700 passengers (from 3114 to 3835 passengers), and taking away some public space (mostly the deck 12 area forward and the "deck 13" outside area forward, the deck 3/4 Dungeon disco, the deck 14 card room and Cloud Nine amd 19th hole, and turning the Viking Crown into a disco at night.) And less MDR space -- the space used for the Diamond breakfast on deck 3 will now be cabins. I was on the ship Dec. 1, and I'll be on the ship again in May. I hope it does not feel crowded like Carnival does, because of the 721 new passengers and less public areas. We'll see.

Edited by Jimnbigd

My concern is RCI is adding over 700 passengers (from 3114 to 3835 passengers), and taking away some public space (mostly the deck 12 area forward and the "deck 13" outside area forward, the deck 3/4 Dungeon disco, the deck 14 card room and Cloud Nine amd 19th hole, and turning the Viking Crown into a disco at night.) And less MDR space -- the space used for the Diamond breakfast on deck 3 will now be cabins. I was on the ship Dec. 1, and I'll be on the ship again in May. I hope it does not feel crowded like Carnival does, because of the 721 new passengers and less public areas. We'll see.

Where are you getting this 700 passengers?

How did you come up with 700 extra passengers? I only count 72 additional cabins, so even at quad occupancy that's less than 300 people. Am I missing something?:confused:

How did you come up with 700 extra passengers? I only count 72 additional cabins, so even at quad occupancy that's less than 300 people. Am I missing something?:confused:

I found it on a TA website, but it must be wrong. You are right -- that would be a lot of passengers and cabins. Thanks for the update. I'll wait for RCI to update their site with the presumably correct information. Still, it is more cabins and passengers, and less public space including less MDR space.

I found it on a TA website, but it must be wrong. You are right -- that would be a lot of passengers and cabins. Thanks for the update. I'll wait for RCI to update their site with the presumably correct information. Still, it is more cabins and passengers, and less public space including less MDR space.

It is more guests, but much less than what Freedom class added. So Windjammer and the theater should not be as crowded as Freedom class.

Besides, how often will those 70 cabins sail with four people in them? Most would be twin share presumably. I don't think it will be too much of a noticeable difference. I hope the Navigator revitalization will be a good indicator of what they're going to do to Voyager.

It's actually 81 new cabins: 4 on Deck 2, 39 on Deck 3, and 38 on Deck 12.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/almaco-to-build-81-new-cabins-on-navigator-of-the-seas.html

Besides, how often will those 70 cabins sail with four people in them? Most would be twin share presumably. I don't think it will be too much of a noticeable difference. I hope the Navigator revitalization will be a good indicator of what they're going to do to Voyager.

I'm sure it will be a little but more crowded but nothing significant :rolleyes: Its still less passengers than the Freedom class, which added little additional passenger space.

I don't agree with what they have done in terms of adding additional cabins, but I don't see it being anything with a major impact.

I'm sure it will be a little but more crowded but nothing significant :rolleyes: Its still less passengers than the Freedom class, which added little additional passenger space.

I don't agree with what they have done in terms of adding additional cabins, but I don't see it being anything with a major impact.

We will know for sure after our B2B2b Feb. 9th and will post the results here for all the world to read (well at least a few CCers)

Looking forward to it Matt.

Does anyone like the new changes ?????? Except RCCL ??????

We love Giavoni's! Portofino was a little tired.

The photos will be a lot easier to find with the new tech.

One of the big changes will be the "flying show" on the promenade. If they figured out where to hang the performers it's going to be breathtaking. Apparently it's a real hit on the Vision class ships.

Flow rider will have only one pump (not two like Freedom class) so diminished capacity.

Theater will have upgraded capability so able to support more tech within the show. Circus anyone?

Diamond lounge will still be too small for C&A members on popular sail dates but it will have more built in capabilities. There will be a Diamond Concierge.

There will be more TV channel choices and better reception with three satilite receivers replacing one. Same with WIFI. The ship will be a hot spot and you will be able to use more than one device on your account. You will also be able to set up your account without going to the RCI computer. More bandwidth. The flat screens in the rooms will be more interactive with more entertainment choices.....yes, some will have a fee.

Signage will be interactive so easier for new folks to find their way and older folks can find where the crowds are or not.

Shops are going to change their stock and look.

This month needs to hurry up so we can find out exactly what's changing on this ship! Can't wait!

Agreed!

I keep waiting for them to make the changes in the preplanner but I have a feeling I'll be onboard before that happens...lol