Navigator Deck 12 Plan as of Feb 5th? Anyone find it yet?

petel

At the Captain's Corner on the Navigator TA the captain said that every inch of the ship would be touched.

That's good to know since the cabin we were in two weeks ago (9320) was in great need of updating. The sofabed's arms kept falling off! :eek: And that OLD TV..........:p

That's good to know since the cabin we were in two weeks ago (9320) was in great need of updating. The sofabed's arms kept falling off! :eek: And that OLD TV..........:p

I was on deck 9 and had the new flat screen TV. They must have already been changing them out, but good that all cabins will have them soon.

Now if we just get the GOOD channels

We just got home last night from 4 weeks on NV. We had a ball! and missed all the weather! :p

We were able to find out some more details about the changes happening to Navigator.

WiFi: you will be able to open an account without going to the computers on board! You will be able to use multiple devices with one account. :)

The TV channels will be updated with a new set of antenna and satilite receiveres. One of the important additions will be the sports channels for more games LIVE!

TexMex resturant in the area formally known as the dongeon will be "up scale." NV is the only ship in the fleet with this venue.

The new terminal in Galveston is on paper. Ground breaking ?????

May of 2015 may see a new bigger ship ???? but it may also be Navigator for another year. We'll see. ;)

More to follow ...............

We just got home last night from 4 weeks on NV. We had a ball! and missed all the weather! :p

We were able to find out some more details about the changes happening to Navigator.

WiFi: you will be able to open an account without going to the computers on board! You will be able to use multiple devices with one account. :)

The TV channels will be updated with a new set of antenna and satilite receiveres. One of the important additions will be the sports channels for more games LIVE!

TexMex resturant in the area formally known as the dongeon will be "up scale." NV is the only ship in the fleet with this venue.

May of 2015 may see a new bigger ship ???? but it may also be Navigator for another year. We'll see. ;)

That mostly sounds like good news...however, I'll reserve judgment on the success of a TexMex restaurant on a ship sailing from a state with a good one on every street corner!:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the changes in April!:D

Welcome back Pete,

It sounds like some good things coming up. Our Feb. 9th sail date will tell for sure.

I printed up my DOCs today for the first week.

I was on deck 9 and had the new flat screen TV. They must have already been changing them out, but good that all cabins will have them soon.

We were in a JR Suite on the Naviagator Dec 1st sailing and had a flat screet TV but when we had to switch to a D1 for the Dec 8th sailing we had an old TV. Think they switched the Suites first. Wonder what will happen on the Explorer on our B2B sailing in March. That will complete the Voyager/Eagle class ships on Royal Caribbean ships for us as we work our way to sail on all the ships owned by RCI. Of course we will miss the Marinar and Majasty as we can't fly so far any more.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Yes Carolyn, as the old TVs failed they were replaced with a flat screen. All cabins will have flat screens after the refit. There will be more channels, more VOD, and more live sports. :rolleyes:

BTW, the 80" virtual balcony TV will not have any function except off and on. I asked about the fire place channel and just got a smirk :p

I certainly hope one of the new channels is Fox! NOS had only CNN last week. A Pinnacle member told us all RCI ships have dropped FOX..to save money.
You get what you pay for. Years ago we had CNN only and we made a really big deal on all our ship reviews to say we WANTED FOX. We were told that CNN was free and the had to pay to get FOX. They added FOX soon after that and I guess a lot of us forgot to let RCCL know we really liked them doing the FOX network. I guess a big campain is due again.

We just got off a HAL cruise and they had FOX and ESPN. They also paid to have the NFL network so we could watch the Thur. night Bronco game.

Woody

Royal Caribbean isn't done adding new things to Navigator of the Seas before she enters drydock next week for her refurbishment. New Navigator of the Seas deck plans show she will get a new specialty restaurant called, "Sabor Modern Mexican".

The Mexican restaurant is a departure from Royal Caribbean's previous Mexican specialty restaurant that first debuted on Allure of the Seas, Rita's Cantina.

The new restaurant will be located on deck 4, where The Dungeon night club used to be.

The new restuarant addition comes with this description about why the cruise line opted to develop a new offering, "Royal Caribbean International is furthering its commitment to total guest satisfaction by introducing a new specialty restaurant on Navigator of the Seas®. Sabor Modern Mexican provides guests an opportunity to enjoy creative yet recognizable modern Mexican cuisine and beverages with polished casual service in a contemporary setting."

The cover charge for this new specialty restaurant is expected to be $25 per person.

Royal Caribbean isn't done adding new things to Navigator of the Seas before she enters drydock next week for her refurbishment. New Navigator of the Seas deck plans show she will get a new specialty restaurant called, "Sabor Modern Mexican".

The Mexican restaurant is a departure from Royal Caribbean's previous Mexican specialty restaurant that first debuted on Allure of the Seas, Rita's Cantina.

The new restaurant will be located on deck 4, where The Dungeon night club used to be.

The new restuarant addition comes with this description about why the cruise line opted to develop a new offering, "Royal Caribbean International is furthering its commitment to total guest satisfaction by introducing a new specialty restaurant on Navigator of the Seas®. Sabor Modern Mexican provides guests an opportunity to enjoy creative yet recognizable modern Mexican cuisine and beverages with polished casual service in a contemporary setting."

The cover charge for this new specialty restaurant is expected to be $25 per person.

You should cite where you copied this

Does anyone have info on the dimensions of the "new" inside cabin with virtual balcony? RCI website has the dimensions listed for all other category cabins except for that one. Model pictures sure make it look large. Thanks in advance.

Bonnie, the Virtual Balcony cabins will be converted insides on Deck 10 and Deck 9.

Don't think I will be paying $25 per person for Mexican food on a Caribbean cruise. It will be interesting to see if this works.

me neither.. and lucky us gets to move to San Antonio Mid 2014. me, who hates all Mexican, tex Mex authentic and otherwise.. :rolleyes: I may starve....(bad enough I live in crab country now and can't eat cuz of allergies)

started looking at Navigator since Galveston is relatively close by. liking some of the proposed changes, and a bigger ship than GR/EN( which is all we know) is something to look forward to, but a lack of park cafe/beef on wecks will be a major bummer.

oh well at least it has Izumi.

Cindy, any word on the dimensions? I doubt it can be the same size as regular insides. Would love to give it a shot for our next cruise. Interesting concept.

I don't think the physical dimensions of the cabins are changing at all. If you compare the Navigator's Deck 10 plans with the Virtual Balconies to the Mariner's Deck 10 plans, the cabin locations are identical.

The new restaurant addition comes with this description about why the cruise line opted to develop a new offering, "Royal Caribbean International is furthering its commitment to total guest satisfaction by introducing a new specialty restaurant on Navigator of the Seas®. Sabor Modern Mexican provides guests an opportunity to enjoy creative yet recognizable modern Mexican cuisine and beverages with polished casual service in a contemporary setting."

Interesting. I rarely need to spend $10 -15 per person for really good Mexican (well, Tex-Mex) food here in Houston. I think if it is good, people might be willing to pay. But they cover charge is pretty high for that type of restaurant, at least for those of us in Texas.

Interesting. I rarely need to spend $10 -15 per person for really good Mexican (well, Tex-Mex) food here in Houston. I think if it is good, people might be willing to pay.

But the cover charge is pretty high for that type of restaurant, at least for those of us in Texas.

I agree whether it be TX or CA Mexican food it seems high for being on a cruise ship.