Chef Table question

eelia74

Everyone has been so helpful with answering questions and this is such a great site. I have made my reservations for the Steak House because we did take part in this on a smaller ship but want to attend again on the Sunshine when we go in the next few weeks. I just can not decide on the Chef Table. Everyone has answered back that is an experience but could I get some details on what makes it REALLY special and an experience we should not miss. My husband and I do not drink but we do enjoy something new and we enjoy food. What made this really special and can I take pictures during it because my camera is always on me! Thanks so much!

Depends on the Chef, I have read... I think the "official" answer is you cannot take pictures, though I believe some chefs allow it.

No photos during the Galley portion of the evening but once at the table okay.

Pics were fine and actually pretty well received, the staff had a good time with it:

Anywho, the Chefs Table was a real highlight of the whole vacation. My better half is far from a foodie but handled everything VERY well, she did great!

I'm a Chef by trade so it was a treat to be on the receiving end of it for once. The value is pretty incredible, I highly recommend it.

We did it on the Splendor last month and I highly recommend it. We were able to take photos the whole time, even in the galley. Seeing the kitchen in action was really fun, and we got to help make chocolate melting cakes :D

The food is really interesting, and I loved that the chef was so passionate about telling us about every single thing, from the brioche to the "mock caviar" - how he made them, special techniques, stories about everything. It was so intimate and relaxed - the pace was just really nice. We really felt like we were part of something super special the whole evening, which I think is why we enjoyed it so much.

We did it on the Splendor last month and I highly recommend it. We were able to take photos the whole time, even in the galley. Seeing the kitchen in action was really fun, and we got to help make chocolate melting cakes :D

The food is really interesting, and I loved that the chef was so passionate about telling us about every single thing, from the brioche to the "mock caviar" - how he made them, special techniques, stories about everything. It was so intimate and relaxed - the pace was just really nice. We really felt like we were part of something super special the whole evening, which I think is why we enjoyed it so much.

I'm on the splendor in 10 days, do you remember which night the Chef's table was held?

I'm on the splendor in 10 days, do you remember which night the Chef's table was held?

You won't know which night it is until you're on board the ship. They will leave a letter in your cabin.

Pics were fine and actually pretty well received, the staff had a good time with it:

Anywho, the Chefs Table was a real highlight of the whole vacation. My better half is far from a foodie but handled everything VERY well, she did great!

I'm a Chef by trade so it was a treat to be on the receiving end of it for once. The value is pretty incredible, I highly recommend it.

Your photos are amazing! My brother is a chef. Yes great value, little portions that add up to a filling evening, and if you do not drink wine, soda is substituted.

We are going Jan 12 and are also curious about which night the Chefs Table is held... we don't want to miss LOBSTER night!

Generally Lobster night is elegant night. I can't imagine that Carnival would schedule a Chef's Table on the same night, maybe I'm wrong but it wouldn't make sense... Just my two cents. :D

Generally Lobster night is elegant night. I can't imagine that Carnival would schedule a Chef's Table on the same night, maybe I'm wrong but it wouldn't make sense... Just my two cents. :D

It will not be the elegant night that has lobster.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

My husband and I chose to do Chef's Table on our Liberty cruise this past June. It was a fantastic experience! I don't want to ruin it by telling you what to expect but highly recommend for you to do it! Definitely a highlight of the cruise!

Have to ask... what are you using for a camera the photos are absolutely amazing. Great shots... I am ready for a new camera and now you have piqued my curiosity

Thanks

Have to ask... what are you using for a camera the photos are absolutely amazing. Great shots... I am ready for a new camera and now you have piqued my curiosity

Thanks

I shoot a NIkon D7000 and Nikon D80. This series was all on the D7000 with a 35mm 1.8 prime lens.

Thanks for the kind words!

We did the Chef's table last fall, and it was an amazing experience. It started with a letter in our cabin that we were confirmed, then the Chef showed up at our dining table to ask if we had any allergies he should be aware of.

We all met at a specified location and the tour of the kitchen began. I felt a little in the way as it was right at the time of dinner service and the staff was running around crazy, but they all parted for us to come through... smiled and welcomed us into their kitchen.

The first 2 courses were served in the kitchen with chilled champagne, where we had a bird's eye view of all the happenings. We were then lead through the dining room into a private room that was set for a formal dinner. You can choose red or white wine or sparkling water (also you can order from the bar), but the wine continues to flow all evening. The Chef explained each course with pride and passion for his craft. The attention to detail was amazing...down to the assorted garnishes that perfectly accented the entrée. And OMG, the dessert platter set before you will literally make you uncomfortable...it's so big, it's so beautiful, it's so luxurious, and it's all yours...no sharing.

The evening is made very special by the staff, everyone should give it a try....you won't regret it.

Thanks,

As long as we don't miss the Lobster we are in! Can't wait. Thanks again for the info!

Your welcome and you won't be disappointed. Cut back on food prior to attending.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Can't wait for Sunshine...Tried to do Chef's Table on Ecstasy last summer, they cancelled it due to lack of interest :eek:. Me and my DW the only reservations...oh well.. :)

It is interesting as to how well it is received on a particular sailing. W ehave seen sailings where it was offered once and some where they had added a third CT to meet the demand. We have done 5 and they have all been very enjoyable.

We received an email today that we are on the books for the Chef's Table and we just can not wait. We decided to go with both the Steakhouse and the Chef Table because it sounds like you just cant go wrong with either! Thank you for all the suggestiosn!

We received an email today that we are on the books for the Chef's Table and we just can not wait. We decided to go with both the Steakhouse and the Chef Table because it sounds like you just cant go wrong with either! Thank you for all the suggestiosn!

We are patiently waiting for our confirmation as well. At first we were just going to do the steak house but this cruise is all about the ship so we added the CT as well...now I have to keep my fingers crossed that they get enough interest!

Archived