Early Saver rate & 2014 Preview Sale

Gma&Gpa

Actually, even if not ES, you can get the price reductions until final payment. After final payment the price is set. With ES, you can get reductions until the cruise but with ES you have more restrictions to cancel the cruise.

I have the Military rate and got reductions totaling over $600 during 3 sales. The $600 was not a credit but a reduction to the price of the cruise and it shows on the Invoice as that. As an aside, I lost my $100 OBC that I got for buying a cruise while on a cruise. After several discussions, Carnival admitted they made a mistake and restored my $100 OBC.

Carnival pricing is very complicated and you need to review the pricing weekly. If there is a price decrease and you say nothing, you will get nothing of the price decrease. I guess there are many cruisers who do not check (certainly not on Cruise Critic) and they just lose out.

Anyone know how long the 2014 preview sale will last?

It was originally supposed to end on September 30 but was announced that it would be extended (not a big surprise there) but I'm not sure that Carnival provided a definitive step this time around

our cruise is $60 lower now...final payment not till December. do I fill out the price reduction form and send it in or do I have to contact my PVP ?

if you booked directly with Carnival and booked ES thden yes you fill out the form.

If you booked ES with a TA you have to contact your TA.

If you booked non ES rate and booked with Carnival just call 800-Carnival and anyone who answers can help you.

Bill

Ok, I'm horrible at understanding price drops etc. I filled out the form... this is the email I got back:

The Early Saver price protection claim form and price assurance is only for those bookings that booked under our early saver promotion. Since you did not book under our early saver promotion, you are not eligible for the price protection.

Both cruises I booked for 2014 were under the 2014 preview sale. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Ok, I'm horrible at understanding price drops etc. I filled out the form... this is the email I got back:

The Early Saver price protection claim form and price assurance is only for those bookings that booked under our early saver promotion. Since you did not book under our early saver promotion, you are not eligible for the price protection.

Both cruises I booked for 2014 were under the 2014 preview sale. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

The price protection form is only for those booking ES. For any other rate that entitles you to price protection up until the day before final payment,

call Carnival.

Got it :) My first 2 cruises we went on, I guess we booked ES, and got a reduction on the 2nd one. The one this week, I stupidly never called about. I called carnival for my 2 in 2014 and got my OBC. :)

(I hate calling places.... lol, I sound like I'm 12 years old on the phone)

Thank you!

Archived