Do they add more shows?

First time cruiser sailing on the Oasis in February! I just booked our entertainment and was surprised that the last 2 nights of the cruise don't have any shows scheduled. I find this odd because these are bot at sea days.

Do more show usually open up or will this be the selection for the cruise? Any input is appreciated.

Heather

First time cruiser sailing on the Oasis in February! I just booked our entertainment and was surprised that the last 2 nights of the cruise don't have any shows scheduled. I find this odd because these are bot at sea days.

Do more show usually open up or will this be the selection for the cruise? Any input is appreciated.

Heather

There are also some additional shows that are first come, first served, like Love and Marriage and something at the Aquatheater that escapes me at the moment.

There are also some additional shows that are first come, first served, like Love and Marriage and something at the Aquatheater that escapes me at the moment.

The Aquatheater has "Splish Splash", a comedy dive show, as well as the belly flop contest.

The Opal had a "family" comedy show on the last night, and a number of things going during the day (bingo, "meet the Hairspary cast", Q&A w/Captain).

If you google "Oasis Cruise Compass", the first site (for me) will show you relatively recent compasses. Just download the one you want (Eastern or Western caribbean).

Heather

Like others have said, not to worry! They do not add shows however there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. And you can always go as stand by to the shows.

Thanks for the replies. I was surprised that hairspray was only playing 3 days. I will look for a compass.

What is this 70's party? Any info?

Hairspray plays in the main theatre. (Opal Theatre)

Then the headliner show plays there.

Then Blue Planet plays there.

A has to move off before B can go on and B has to be done so that C can be set up.

See? :)

Thanks for the replies. I was surprised that hairspray was only playing 3 days. I will look for a compass.

What is this 70's party? Any info?

They play 70's disco music in the Promenade and people can dance if the like. They usually have some of the singers performing, and the some of the entertainment staff dresses up like the Village People and dances to YMCA.

The main show in the theater (Chicago or Hairspray) plays early in the cruise before people really settle in. Try to book in advance.

Seventies night is held in the Royal Promenade and the CD staff will don fright wigs and appropriate outfits winding up with the ......................well, go see it. Y.

Heather

Wow...lucky you. You aren't sailing until February and your entertainment reservations are already open for bookings.

We sail on the Allure December 15th and our entertainment reservations STILL aren't open yet, even though RCCL keeps sending us emails wishing us congratulations on our cruise, we only have 68 more days until we sail, we should be doing our pre-planning and yada, yada, yada.

The natives (on our roll call) are getting restless and we all want to book our reservations!!!!

On nights when there isn't a celebrity headliner, a broadway type musical, or a production show featuring the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers, there will likely be a game show or other audience participation activity. You will not be faced with an evening without some form of entertainment. There will usually be some forms of live music in various venues on RCI ships.

I agree the last night there is not much going on, because people are packing, getting to bed early, etc. Our second to last night had the Prohibition Party competing with Quest. We also had the Glow Party the second to last night, if I am not confused....This is Allure, not Oasis.

I can't imagine the last night of my cruise going to bed early and packing! This is shocking to me. Shouldn't it be the biggest party night?

Do guests dress up for the 70's show? What about the teen club?

Thanks!

I don't think many guests dress up for the 70's dance party.

I can't imagine the last night of my cruise going to bed early and packing! This is shocking to me. Shouldn't it be the biggest party night?

Do guests dress up for the 70's show? What about the teen club?

Thanks!

It takes me about 15 minutes to pack. I'm lucky if I get to bed at all on the last night. The last thing I like doing on a cruise is wasting time sleeping. I can do that on the plane ride home.

Hairspray plays in the main theatre. (Opal Theatre)

Then the headliner show plays there.

Then Blue Planet plays there.

A has to move off before B can go on and B has to be done so that C can be set up.

See? :)

Just a real quick correction here - Blue Planet is on the Allure, not the Oasis. The Oasis show is called "Come Fly With Me".

Just a real quick correction here - Blue Planet is on the Allure, not the Oasis. The Oasis show is called "Come Fly With Me".

Oops. You are correct. :D

OASIS: Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, Frozen in Time, Come Fly With Me

ALLURE: Chicago, OceanAria, Ice Games, Blue Planet

Voilá!

:)

Oops. You are correct. :D

OASIS: Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, Frozen in Time, Come Fly With Me

ALLURE: Chicago, OceanAria, Ice Games, Blue Planet

Voilá!

:)

Which one has the Train Your Dragon show?

Wow...lucky you. You aren't sailing until February and your entertainment reservations are already open for bookings.

We sail on the Allure December 15th and our entertainment reservations STILL aren't open yet, even though RCCL keeps sending us emails wishing us congratulations on our cruise, we only have 68 more days until we sail, we should be doing our pre-planning and yada, yada, yada.

The natives (on our roll call) are getting restless and we all want to book our reservations!!!!

from my experience entertainment reservations open about 55-90 days before sailing... on the Allure and the Oasis at least anyways..

Archived