My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

IMAG0254_zps73c83632.jpg

IMAG0255_zpsaf5e831c.jpg

IMAG0257_zps76ae4aa1.jpg

View from our table at brunch

So...(Camel Voice)...Everybodyyy...guess what day it is!!....Huh??..ANybody??...Julie. guess what day it is???...Hey Mike!!...Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike?!?...Guess what day it is????......Whoot!! Whoooooot!!!...LoL....And guess what the GF had for brunch??....

IMAG0260_zpsa56c0bdb.jpg

IMAG0259_zps7ff34097.jpg

As I looked over the menu the GF goes " Did you see the steak and eggs?"...and I go "Where?!?!?"...and she points it out to me. I'm reading the description and I am like WOW....tender filet mignon(oh yea)...served with homemade home fries ( tell me more please)...served with a fried egg( oh yea...even newspaper tastes good with a fried egg)...accompanied with a side of béarnaise sauce( wth is that?...but it sounds fancy and fancy is good right??)...I wiped the drool off my lips and placed the order. A few minute later they handed me this....

IMAG0261_zps7e1aa04a.jpg

Huh?...Excuse me?...Jorge?? Yea, Hi Jorge...No everything is excellent, but I think you left someones cup of fries on my steak and egg plate. Also, I was supposed to get filet mignon...medium....I'm pretty sure this is beef jerky.....

At any rate...I knew that there was a buffet of food around every corner on the ship so I didn't worry about it.

As we left brunch, I admit I was still a tad disappointed in my meal, and having eaten bread and the fried egg I wasn't all that hungry, so we grabbed something light at the lido buffet and met the BeF and wife up on deck 10. Keep in mind that I was still kind of sulking over my filet of beef jerky and at this point I had yet to go up to top decks and get the best view of the sea and atmosphere..How can you be upset after walking into this??.....

IMAG0262_zpsbc564dfd.jpg

IMAG0263_zpsb0311bc4.jpg

My attitude changed INSTANTLY...so beautiful.

IMAG0264_zps7ff8c73f.jpg

Gratuitous Wake pic...however quite pitiful because we weren't moving but around 8 knots at that time

IMAG0265_zps181ba79c.jpg

IMAG0266_zpsc4c0b9d6.jpg

IMAG0267_zps225255b2.jpg

Looking for Serenity??...Head AFT on Promenade deck(9) all the way back and through the entrance to the PunchLiner comedy club. Keep left through the back of the club and there is a door with the Carnival Serenity logo on it. Go through and enjoy!

IMAG0269_zps914a9604.jpg

Looking forward on deck 10 at WaterWorks

From there we went back down to lido and caught the Ice Carving demo...

IMAG0271_zpsafe12587.jpg

IMAG0272_zps1bb2a92a.jpg

Betcha cant guess what he's carving??...I betcha...Go on...guess...I'll Wait....

You just don't know as you type I'm feverishly trying figure out how I can fit a 5 day on this ship into my schedule. You have me looking at teacher work days and everything so I can take my son. It would be sooooo easy to just drive to Charleston and hop on a cruise ship!

Do it! Do it! Do it!!...LoL...yea, I'm an instigator LoL. It really was convenient though, and she may be small and not have everything other's have, but everyone on the ship looked to be having a great time. I know we did!!

IMAG0275_zps123bbedc.jpg

Didn't guess it did ya?...I know...hey it was hard. Carnival chef's NEVER carve an Indian Head do they??:rolleyes:

At this point it was about around 1 or so and the next few hours were a blur. I will say this...I'm on a ship..it's beautiful...the DoD's are awesome...and my GF is beside me looking just as good as she wanna look. ( You GO girl)...So uhh yea...

At any rate...:p...We managed to get all dapper for elegant night and I managed to get my first Sunset pic....

IMAG0279_zpsc853ae22.jpg

IMAG0280_zps19135672.jpg

Just for those who want to know...All four of us fretted over what to wear to elegant night the weeks leading up to the trip. Man, just wear what makes you comfortable...outside of flip flops and shorts you are just fine as you are in my opinion. Also, no hats. Other than that, enjoy yourself. It may be 2,000 other people on board, but this is YOUR CRUISE, so enjoy.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. You're hilarious! I'm in SC and haven't sailed out of Charleston yet. I'm going to have to save up and see if I can squeeze in a trip on the Fantasy. My husband won't go because he's tired of the Caribbean. I just like being on the ship. :) Looking forward to the rest of your review!

I started out with the Alligator fritters and they were good.

IMAG0277_zpsddc12b2a.jpg

The GF had the stuffed mushrooms

IMAG0276_zpse9270260.jpg

She said they were not as good as she remembered. I tried them and wa not impressed either.

Of course, everyone at the table Had....

IMAG0278_zps814676d6.jpg

Carnival really does have great lobster and shrimp. They manage to get some flavor into the meat and I loved it. Being from the south we don't eat anything without some seasoning so that was good.

I had the WCMC( surprise!).......for dessert..and as for the GF, she humored the rest of us for awhile before finally deciding on...

IMAG0281_zpsd8fb22cf.jpg

At this point she started to look like a Honeydew Melon in the face to me..IdK....a cute HoneyDew melon:p

We left the Celebration dining room and caught the end of I forget the show....Not Motown but ughh...I forget..but It was cool. The Fantasy has a FANTASTIC but small group of performers. The good thing is they can ALL sing and dance their @zz off. Later in the cruise we caught the Motown show and for 40 mins they sang and danced and didn't miss ONE NOTE at all.

IMAG0286_zps4485433f.jpg

After the end of the show we made our way midship on Promenade to the Cat's Lounge. I am sure you have seen your fair share of Cat's lounge with big Campbell's soup displays and Friskies and everything but....Eat Some More LoL...

IMAG0286_zps4485433f.jpg

IMAG0289_zpsdd5a8129.jpg

IMAG0288_zps7e01d507.jpg

This is where Karaoke was this night so we joined in...

IMAG0293_zps2f0d2659.jpg

The BeF's beautiful wife singing "Jumping Jumping" by Destiny's Child

IMAG0295_zpsb3888921.jpg

I got up there after a couple of servings of Courage Juice chased with a shot of "Get yo @zz up there and sing Boy!" that my GF bought me right before I hit the stage LoL. I sang "Adorn" by Miguel and lost my voice by the first hook LMBO. Oh well...the show must go on. I managed to fight my way through while pointing to my girl from the stage while she screamed "Sannnng Babyy!!!" It was so much fun. That was my first time ever doing Karaoke!! I'm sure someone has some pics or video maybe I will post later.

We drug our drunk, happy @zzes back to the room where this guy thought he was sleeping with my GF....

IMAG0296_zps658243dd.jpg

Beat it Fido!!! She's Mine LoL...

Great End to a great Second day.

Coming up next...Freeport!!!....What the hell is that??...What'd that guy say??...and...You did WHAT to win stick on a ship??...Stay tuned!!

Okay - I am loving your review. I've subscribed, sitting back at work (shhhh!), and ready to read. Glad you had a good time on your first cruise, and for sharing your vacation with us.

Thank YOU for reading!! I am actually enjoying reliving it even though its been less than a week LoL. I am ready to cruise again.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review. You're hilarious! I'm in SC and haven't sailed out of Charleston yet. I'm going to have to save up and see if I can squeeze in a trip on the Fantasy. My husband won't go because he's tired of the Caribbean. I just like being on the ship. :) Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Aww Thanks!!!:) Yea, you should sail her. An oldie but goodie. How can you get tired of the Caribbean? Well, I guess anything can get old.

Dude, you have a unique style!!! So different and refreshing from your standard review on here. I enjoy reading all reviews to learn about the ships and things to do, but this has been a blast. Can't wait for the rest of it. Keep up the good work and try to enjoy some of that fruit:)

Edited by 5Hawkeyes

Great review so far. Another year until my first cruise on the Fantasy. I also love in NC (Raleigh). So glad I don't have to drive all the way to Florida for a cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

love your review so far!!! and cant wait for the rest

You just don't know as you type I'm feverishly trying figure out how I can fit a 5 day on this ship into my schedule. You have me looking at teacher work days and everything so I can take my son. It would be sooooo easy to just drive to Charleston and hop on a cruise ship!

cruisecritiquer- which is why I am hopping on the Fantasy 12/26!

Dude, you have a unique style!!! So different and refreshing from your standard review on here. I enjoy reading all reviews to learn about the ships and things to do, but this has been a blast. Can't wait for the rest of it. Keep up the good work and try to enjoy some of that fruit:)

Aye...you KNOW I had me some fruit LoL....Thanks for the kind words!:)

Great review so far. Another year until my first cruise on the Fantasy. I also love in NC (Raleigh). So glad I don't have to drive all the way to Florida for a cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. You all are going to love it.