My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

I can fruity drink with the best of them though...don't judge me!!! LoLoL

Besides...them Carnival drinks got a knockout blow that you just don't see coming till its too late. One minute you sucking them down and chasing them with wine from the room and next thing you know you doing the cupid shuffle with a group of grandmas from Boise....*shrug*

omg, seriously busted out laughing on this one. Like everyone is saying - awesome review and writing style.

Looking forward to more. :)

Just starting your review but had to post quick and say Hi!! My hubby & I live in Wilmington too! We went on the Fantasy a couple years ago and just got back last week from Valor - southern caribbean out of san juan. I'm working on my review whenever I have any free time..which isn't much after being out of town for 12 days..lol. Can't wait to read yours!

On the 3rd Day we awoke and were already docked in Freeport. I made mention that I wanted to get photos of us docking and I missed it. I was hit with the " stop whining like a toddler" face....so I let it Go:rolleyes:

I DID manage to get these though...

IMAG0298_zpsee32bcb9.jpg

IMAG0301_zps54e5de0f.jpg

IMAG0302_zps6abac1bf.jpg

We got dressed early and was out the room by 8, where we stopped up on lido and saw this...

IMAG0305_zpsd012773e.jpg

Those are eggs...or at least something cloned from a chicken like specimen idk...but it looked gross. I skipped the eggs and got this..

IMAG0306_zpsd68fde4f.jpg

The bacon police were out as usual but they'll give you the whole pan if you ask for it...so that kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it??

I think I did go get an omelet this morning at the Windows of the Sea in the back of Lido deck, but it was so good by the time I remembered to take a pic all that was left was a puff ball of smoke from where my fork whisking from plate to my mouth so fast......Skip the scrambled pterodactyl outside and go into the omelet station if you want REAL EGGS.

Just starting your review but had to post quick and say Hi!! My hubby & I live in Wilmington too! We went on the Fantasy a couple years ago and just got back last week from Valor - southern caribbean out of san juan. I'm working on my review whenever I have any free time..which isn't much after being out of town for 12 days..lol. Can't wait to read yours!

Heyyyy Girllll lol...I love my Port City peeps. Thanks for stopping by!!

We were off the boat shortly after 9 am and for a minute we just stood there looking like Archie's Gang...or Kelly,Jessie, Zack and Slater from saved by the bell....No excursion planned...no plan of action..."What do you want todo?"..." IdC...what do you YOU want todo?"....back and forth back and forth...

Meanwhile,...the whole island of Freeport is trying to herd everyone like runaway moo-cows to THIS attraction and THAT attraction...."Hey, get in this taxi mah freen...we take you pon' dee eye-lean show you evee ting 20 dollah"....Whoa there son-son....You'll never Natalie Holloway me....not on THIS island...Not THIS NC Boy.....nah uhhhhh....

So for the first 30 mins we just walked around the market and took in the sights....

IMAG0310_zps0037f8b4.jpg

IMAG0316_zpsfa8729b6.jpg

IMAG0317_zps541ddc8a.jpg

IMAG0320_zpsebbaea31.jpg

IMAG0319_zps741a1a5a.jpg

These are the taxi fees to the most popular destinations on the island. The fee is Per Person

IMAG0352_zps9e0cac20.jpg

I know...CHEESY LoL

We finally decided to catch a taxi to Junkanoo beach because for one it is free, two the locals all said we should try it, and three the scooters looked like fun to rent, but we were kind of weary about driving around the island. After about 5 minutes the guy found enough people to fill the taxi and we were off to Junkanoo...

IMAG0342_zps688ebc86.jpg

IMAG0341_zps96ae3978.jpg

IMAG0341_zps96ae3978.jpg

IMAG0345_zpsb2d916e5.jpg

IMAG0347_zps007ff359.jpg

IMAG0346_zps26cfcdf3.jpg

Our driver was quiet as a mouse. No interaction at all which was a bummer but whatever. He also, like everyone else on the island, drove as if he had a pack of African bees dangling right behind us and if he didn't get us there at mach-10 speed we would all perish. I started to ask him if his wife was in labor than he could pull over and we could catch the next cab that WASNT hell bent on causing a head on collision before we get there..

We got to Junkanoo in about 15 minutes. When we pulled up idk about everyone else but I was like...HuH??...is this it??

IMAG0324_zps2d8c602e.jpg

The entrance leaves a whole lot to be desired. It's not that it is BAD...it just doesn't give you that "Im in paradise" vibe..

Quick note, you can either pay just for the trip there and pay for the trip back later, or you can pay for both trips when you get there and they give you a card to hand in for the return trip...like a ticket. The process was seamless, no issues there.

WHen you walk through the entrance there is a VERY VERY small "market" on your left where you can pickup souvenirs and stuff and a set of bathrooms on your right. Not the cleanest nor most up to date set but you will manage.

I know what you are thinking...."Ehhh...I might have to skip this joint, dog".....I know I know, but once you go up the stairs, past the bathrooms and through the bar this is what you will see.....

IMAG0325_zps4cf35c77.jpg

BAM!!!

IMAG0332_zps13b4425c.jpg

Boom!!

IMAG0330_zps53da6802.jpg

PoW!!!

We rented a beach chair and umbrella for 8$ (not bad) and a guy came out and dug the hole and set up our spot for us and I gave him a few dollars tip.

IMAG0328_zpse66b9dc3.jpg

IMAG0338_zpsdbbf3c87.jpg

One of my FAVORITE pics I took all trip. THE LIFE. GratefuL. GOD is GOOD.

• Like 1

IMAG0327_zps11796933.jpg

That sign cracked me up. The men on the island are freaks, point blank. Idk how many raunchy comments we heard but we just laughed and kept it moving.

There was this particular guy who stood out though. He had a food and drink "stand" right to your left as you came out the bar on the beach. I don't remember his name but we chatted him up a little while he was preparing his ingredients for the fresh conch salad that he serves on the beach. This guy kept on and on about how me and the BeF should get some of his conch salad because conch is a known aphrodisiac. He kept saying how we better " eet thee conch and give your gurl what she reely need mahn" That was the tame "CC" version of the things he said LoL. Like my girl would say....HoT @zz Mess...

IMAG0337_zpsa7d5d17f.jpg

IMAG0334_zps400e2eb4.jpg

IMAG0333_zps17e8adcd.jpg

IMAG0335_zps9b6187aa.jpg

IMAG0336_zps00b32b9a.jpg

FyI....we never got the conch salad LoL....Your boy don't need no conch to put it down!!( is that CC friendly??) LoL

We did go to the guy down the beach who had his stand set up in front of the restaurant/bar that his wife works in. I'm not sure if they OWN the restaurant or are just employed, but he was very nice and that's where we got those red drinks from. It was a rum punch that was great. WHen I first taste mine I said " Cmon man,....pour your boy some more of that rum in there" and he did...*splash* *splash*...."Ok See you are more of a drip drip guy....I am looking for you to MAKE IT RAINNNNNN"...he smiled...*drip* *drip*..." Dude, hand me the bottle"....LmaO....He didn't... but at least I got more rum in my punch!!!!!

He took our orders and handed it up to his wife for her to cook and told us he would bring it to us on the beach where we were set up.

It took about 40 minutes though and we were sitting there like dang what is going on?? We had swam a little bit and played in the water so we were hungry at that point. I dried off and got up to go ask him how much longer but he waved me back to my seat and yelled " Its coming, I will bring it to you" However, 15 minutes later he was busy dealing with another customer so he called me over to tell me it was ready....

IMAG0340_zps5f6d1acb.jpg

IMAG0339_zpsd6d8fcb5.jpg

That is cracked conch...conch fritters...and the best grouper I have EVER had. Everything was super fresh. They pulled the conch right out of the ocean in front of you and prepared it right then and there. EXCELLENT.

After a few hours we decided to get back on the van and head back towards the ship...

Once back...we walked through the little straw market by the ship before heading to Senor Frogs for a drink...

IMAG0353_zps44b011d3.jpg

IMAG0354_zpsb57a3d70.jpg

IMAG0356_zpsc215e2f7.jpg

IMAG0355_zps6cd16932.jpg

Hopped on over to Senor Frogs where I pulled out the cheese plate AGAIN....

IMAG0359_zps9b5d02e3.jpg

IMAG0360_zps30b5eeb6.jpg

Damn that dude cool as hell...I'd like to meet THAT GUY.

IMAG0362_zps3bdec00c.jpg

IMAG0363_zpse65032b2.jpg

IMAG0364_zps13513aec.jpg

Don't ask me what's in it...BUT its GOOD.

IMAG0365_zpsf5f05538.jpg

This was my first time in a Senor Frogs. It was mid day so lively, but not like how it gets at night...

Hope You all have enjoyed so far. Got to get back to my studies and have class tonight:rolleyes:. I hope my professor likes the souvenir I bought back for him...maybe he will slide a little + by that A for me!!:p See yall Later!!

This is a WONDERFUL review! I really enjoyed all of the pictures and your AWESOME commentary! I could only wish someone from our ship on a simular cruise could review like this before we actually leave so that I can get some sort of idea what I am in for (since I am a newbie to cruising). If I don't see one for ours then I will post the same sort of review as you just did! Thank you so much for shareing and giving me the idea how to share mine when I go.. God Bless!

I'm loving your review!. I wouldn't have guessed you were a first timer. I've been away fRom cruising for the past 2 years, had babies, but going on a 7 day next year out of San Juan(Festival at sea cruise). Your review is getting me all psyched! Had me rollin at filet of beef jerky. Lol. Can't wait to read the rest.