My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

Great review....awesome pictures.......would love to cruise with you, so before you get to the end....are you hooked? cruising again?

We are on the Fantasy for Halloween. Thanks so much for the info and pictures! This is awesome and I have laughed out loud several times.

Yup...I'm hooked!!!...let's go!!

Thanks!!!:)

Thank you for your review. We have been on the Fantasy twice and it is one of our favorite ships. We love being able to drive to Charleston in five hours.

I have enjoyed your review, laughing out loud at some points and reading your comments to my DH. I can't wait for you to post more. :cool:

Thanks for doing the review. I love reading all reviews and it was especially interesting coming from a first time cruiser. I really laughed about doing the cupid shuffle with grandmas from Boise. LOL! And thanks for posting the pic of the drink, I am really thirsty now!

I hope you and GF continue to cruise more often so you can post more cruise reviews!! I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud reading this....great job!!

I was just thinking the exact same thing soulsistah007!

Awesome job on your first review, Shyhova!!:)

Keep on cruising...

Then log on to cruise critic and tell us all about it!!!:D

You have a great writing style and sense of humor--keep up the great reviews.

Back on the ship we got back to the room and this dude was like " Where yall been???"

IMAG0366_zps56042986.jpg

Get Down from there!!!

He never got down...Fido is a peeping tom...

IMAG0367_zps2445fca8.jpg

Who ashy @zz foot is that??...OoPS...Mines:)

We were tired but managed to make our way up to lido after showering...

IMAG0369_zpsff5b6d50.jpg

This is the REALEST thing I ever wrote, and the truest Thing I ever Spoke..

Carnival fries with the cheese sauce.....C R A C K!!!!!:D

IMAG0373_zpsbb646112.jpg

The line there was not bad today, as a lot of people were still off of the ship at this point....

IMAG0372_zpsd00250dc.jpg

Windows on the Sea..Lido deck..AFT?? Idk...I always got confused on lido and didnt know whether I was forward or aft..SRY. Now that I think about it...I think this is Forward...

IMAG0370_zps2054d15e.jpg

IMAG0374_zps0b20cb24.jpg

IMAG0376_zps2f14045d.jpg

After stuffing my face....Lemme just say this..IdK what it is about being on a boat where you just eat and eat for no apparent reason. I mean....seriously..You can shut down a whole half of a buffet to where someone has to ROLLL you out of your chair...take 10 steps...sneeze...and convince yourself that those 10 steps and a sneeze burned off enough calories to get back in line...SMDH...

And dont have a drink or two...Oh boy..now youre telling yourself you HAVE to eat something else...because...You know...you shouldnt drink on an "empty" stomach. LoL

Anywhooo...I waddled on up to deck 10, grabbed a chair and settles in to watch us sail off and catch the sunset....

IMAG0381_zps20702796.jpg

Pilot Boat...Means we are taking off...

IMAG0385_zpsda3aa80f.jpg

IMAG0380_zpsc4d878f7.jpg

Bye Bye Freeport!!!

IMAG0382_zps033ef860.jpg

IMAG0384_zps6f9e61e5.jpg

IMAG0387_zpsb7f35404.jpg

We made our way forward where the GF, BeF and wife wanted to challenge the greatest putt putter of all times...IDK what they were thinking.

I had this older asian guy and his wife cracking up cause every time I made a shot I was hamming it up like Chi-Chi Rodriguez...fist pumping like I had just won the Masters...

IMAG0392_zpsb88a4b86.jpg

IMAG0391_zps9b4f6db5.jpg

IMAG0390_zps8636f423.jpg

My Bae...Poor lil Tink TInk...took her about 976 times to get it in the hole...Bless her heart

IMAG0388_zps395a39c9.jpg

We decided to check out the gym while the girls toured the SPA. We had actually worked out before on day 2 but I didn't take any pictures then.

IMAG0395_zps91122408.jpg

IMAG0396_zps40ec28b4.jpg

Funny story for all my Kevin Hart fans..."gym guy" was in the gym that morning while I was working out, and he was in rare form...BREATHING innnn and OUTTT...waving his arms and rolling his neck....Pacing...then back to the machine...sit down and roll his neck some more...put more weight on the machine...I'm like dang...look at dude chest yo...He bout to lift that mug...its gonna be great. So I watched and he Huffed and puffed some more...shook his arms and breathed INNNN....I'm on my little elliptical like "awww sh&@...its about to go down and its going to be E P I C"...he leans over...puts his head down and stands up....

He never lifted it...He never lifted the damn weight...I felt cheated. Who puts on a show like that on dont lift the damn weight...IdK....Idk whats going on anymore...

IMAG0397_zpsf1ad2f28.jpg

Outside the Gym/Spa area looking down through the Atrium on deck 10

Coming up Next...Do I win a Ship on a stick on my VERY first boat on my VERY first Try???!?!...Stay Tuned:p

Thank you for your review. We have been on the Fantasy twice and it is one of our favorite ships. We love being able to drive to Charleston in five hours.

I have enjoyed your review, laughing out loud at some points and reading your comments to my DH. I can't wait for you to post more. :cool:

Thank You!! I'm trying before bed LoL

Enjoying your review style! Lots of laughs

Thank you Very much:D

I didn't usually browsing the Carnival forum but somehow this morning I stumble upon your review.

Boy it is great! Your writing style is very interesting, and you shoot outstanding photos.

Glad to read that you've enjoyed your cruise, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Keep cruising!

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for posting! I've also laughed out loud several times.

Lookin' forward to the rest!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for doing the review. I love reading all reviews and it was especially interesting coming from a first time cruiser. I really laughed about doing the cupid shuffle with grandmas from Boise. LOL! And thanks for posting the pic of the drink, I am really thirsty now!

My Pleasure!!! LoL

We got to Junkanoo in about 15 minutes. When we pulled up idk about everyone else but I was like...HuH??...is this it??

IMAG0324_zps2d8c602e.jpg

The entrance leaves a whole lot to be desired. It's not that it is BAD...it just doesn't give you that "Im in paradise" vibe..

Quick note, you can either pay just for the trip there and pay for the trip back later, or you can pay for both trips when you get there and they give you a card to hand in for the return trip...like a ticket. The process was seamless, no issues there.

WHen you walk through the entrance there is a VERY VERY small "market" on your left where you can pickup souvenirs and stuff and a set of bathrooms on your right. Not the cleanest nor most up to date set but you will manage.

I know what you are thinking...."Ehhh...I might have to skip this joint, dog".....I know I know, but once you go up the stairs, past the bathrooms and through the bar this is what you will see.....

IMAG0325_zps4cf35c77.jpg

BAM!!!

IMAG0332_zps13b4425c.jpg

Boom!!

I know what you mean. We have been to several beaches in the Caribbean where the entrance to the beach does not in any way indicate the fabulous scenery that you are about to experience once you cross the threshold. Loving your review; you have a witty writing style that is very attractive as well as informative. Thanks for posting.

So the GF says.." None of this dessert looks good to me because you know I cant eat ice cream and I'm not feeling this other stuff.....unless I get MORE FRUIT"

So she looks at me and goes is there anything you want to try and I'll get that? I said well I've never had crème brule so order that...

IMAG0246_zps1508ff23.jpg

Oh boy....that tasted like a lukewarm plate of HELL TO THE NO.

But alas, the moment I had been waiting for...the reason why I got on the boat...the reason why NOT choosing Carnival for a first cruise was NOT an option.... the moment that GaPearl would say to me..."if you order that with less than 2 ice creams it's gonna be ME...and YOU. LoL

IMAG0247_zps487acdf2.jpg

You know...normally in life people can build something up to the point where it will never live up to the hype...THIS...was not that moment. Lets have a moment of silence in honor of my first WCMC.....

I would go on the have one every night, and she never disappointed. I honestly had to stop typing my review cause the tears yall...they just started falling....

After getting chastised from my GF because I tried to sneak the cake crumbs out the Celebration dining room for later, I gave in and she rolled my over full @zz out into the atrium on Promenade where I was still kicking and screaming for her to let me back in so I can have another...I took these..

IMAG0251_zps60e735a0.jpg

IMAG0250_zps19059fb2.jpg

I dont how how the heck I made it all the way aft on deck 9 to the Punchliner Comedy club, but I did. There we sat and watched the worst karaoke I had ever seen.

IMAG0248_zpsca883156.jpg

And finally got back to the room after 1 for my first...

IMAG0253_zps4d52b674.jpg

It was then I excitedly said " Bae!! The people on CC you know what they call this towel animal right?? right??...it looks like a...."...

I got the "Seriously dude?, grow up" Look....so I left that alone lol.

Next up....Day 2...A great sea day..FUnTimes pics...Elegant Night!!!...and....WtH did I just eat???

It is funny that you mention that about the towel....whatever animal it is because my husband was looking at Carnival Dream videos on you tube the other day as we are sailing in a month. He came across a video where the people were showing all the towel animals they got that week and at the end was the same one you have here and I told him what others on CC and what GAPearl called it once on her review we giggled and laughed like we were in 6th grade....in 1986....LOL