My Very First Cruise ( My Photo Review aboard the Carnival Fantasy) Oct 1-6, 2013

Shyhova

This is absolutely the best trip report ever written! You should be inducted into the Cruise Critic Hall of Fame....or at least get "Rookie of the Year"!

Hey Shyhova, Reddgrits here again. My husband and I also won a ship on a stick when we were on the Fantasy. It was advertising slogan trivia or something useless like that but DH surely knew it! I also liked the fig cake!:)

@Stacy...Nahhh lol...But thanks!!

@reddgrits...the fig cake was good, and the raisin rum ice cream too!

I actively seek out first time cruiser's reviews because nothing beats the excitement they exude in them! This review, my friend, is the best first time cruiser review I have ever read. In fact this review is the best I have read, period. Great job! Can't wait for more! :)

Ahhh...Really???...Thanks so much. I really am enjoying doing it. It feels like I am back on the trip.

I watched it "Gym Guy" hilarious i can't stop smacking my chest.....lol

Just found your review and read all 17 pages. Thank you so much for sharing. I love picture reviews. Can't wait for the rest.

@Bruce...That was first thing came to mind watching that buff dude in the gym lol. Too funny

@Sweetpea Thank You...I hope to Finish it soon!

I can't stop laughing! Poor Helga! :eek: What must she be thinking??

We're off to Freeport and Nassau next month on the Sensation. Thanks so much for giving me a glimpse of what we are in for. I love that you are thoughtful enough to even give directions to the beaches and little helpful tips about each port. I've already picked out my drink at Senor Frogs and the menus are so enticing. You write incredibly well and draw your audience in like a magnet. So looking forward to the rest of your review. Thank you so much for doing it. You look like a pro!

I put my pants on before opening door fortunately lol. Yea everyone says they tire from going to Nassau and Freeport but I think you make the experience....Not the port. Thanks for the compliments!!

....I still don't know how we got 4 adults and luggage into a Honda coupe but we managed. You got me LOL already. I know this is going to be a great review, especially since this is your first.

(You got me LOL already, so I know this is going to be a great review, especially since this is your first.)

We stopped a few times on the way for water and breakfast and by the time we got to Charleston it was after 1230....Whaaaaaaa!??!:mad: Anywhooo the city of Charleston is nice from what I did get to see, but your boy was trying to get on that boat son!!! If you have been to Charleston to cruise before you know it is nothing like coming down Interstate 17, getting up on that bridge and seeing that whale tail for the first time...You be ready to leave the car on the damn bridge, jump off and swim to the boat!! Another LOL. And I know what you mean because I've seen this view and Galveston has a similar but smaller view.

Little storage area under the TV. If you from NC you know about Duplin wine. I love it, some people don't though. I don't think wine aficianados(sp) particularly care for it, but we love it.

Love Duplin! made from the type of grapes on my granddaddy's farm! Then again, I like the sweet wines.

Our first cruise was on Fantasy we became addicted. The Fantasy is perfect for first timers. Since then we have been on Liberty , Fascination , and RCCL Independence. And now booked on Breeze , all since 2010. My wife thinks I'm crazy but Fantasy was my favorite. Loved the small ship , seemed like you had more attention from crew. Would definitely do it again especially the Grand Turk , Half Moon Cay , Nassau itinerary. Love Grand Turk and Half Moon .

So Yea...Nassau day didnt start off well...For some reason beyond me, after eating good ALLL day and night...SOMEONE wants to order a shrimp salad sandwich from room service at 2 in the freaking morning. IdK what is wrong with me....The babe is in bed tipsy and almost sleep and I ask her if she wants anything?...." Yea...some chips"...Wth lol...You just do "cruise sh*#" when you on a cruise LoL...

So we both fall asleep like 20 seconds later and 20 minutes after that theres a knock on the door...I hop out the bed like someone bust in the door shooting and forget I took my pants off and almost gave Helga from Germany( they all put where they from on their name tags) a show she DEFINITELY never seen in Berlin lol...I give her a tip and now here I am...standing in front of the DAMN MIRROR...with no clothes on at 2am, eating a friggin' shrimp salad sandwich( cruise sh#%...we've all done it)

My GF MUSTVE forgot that she just as guilty as me putting in an order for potato chips because she jumps up frustratingly and glares at me from under the cover and hits me with the " OMG you have GOT TO BE kidding me...230AM DUDE??" Face........I just look back at her with a mouth full of shrimp and go..." They forgot your potato chips"...LMBOOOO..Cruise Sh!!!

By the time 8am rolled around that shrimp salad sandwich was Fighting Back lol...I did manage to get myself together and up to lido where Disney Magic was in dock with us...

IMAG0413_zps3210fc54.jpg

And right beside her...Carnival Victory..

IMAG0411_zpse4acb801.jpg

IMAG0415_zps8de37cc5.jpg

IMAG0416_zps1652d18b.jpg

The Magic is HUUGE...and looks very nice.

After eating a quick breakfast up on lido we met up with the BeF and wife and headed off the ship....

IMAG0418_zpsf284816a.jpg

IMAG0420_zps0205061c.jpg

Once off the ship in Nassau you head down the corridor between the ships and hang a right, where you make your way towards the entrance to the city.

Seriously, lmbo... we all do stuff on a cruise that we normally would not do at home- like order some room service when u know good and dern well u not hungry- but hey we crusin right. Keep it up, great review. Love to see my people cruisin and then telling about it.

Edited by crunchy05

Been thoroughly enjoying your review, especially since I have a friend on the Fantasy right now & will on her myself in a couple of weeks for a Halloween cruise. Thanks so much for doing this. :)

I put my pants on before opening door fortunately lol. Yea everyone says they tire from going to Nassau and Freeport but I think you make the experience....Not the port. Thanks for the compliments!!

I agree. I've been to the Bahamas several times now & always have a great time. :D

IMAG0436_zps1e78ae13.jpg

IMAG0437_zps31fc8643.jpg

IMAG0438_zps540e18e6.jpg

The straw market is OK....your regular souvenir stuff. Nothing really special. I do like the bags though and I got my mother and sister bags and bought me a bracelet with my sign on it. ( Aries!!!! whooop whoop!!)

This old bahamanian lady grabbed my GF by the arm and would'nt let her go. She kept asking her if she " gon' get tee pretty bag"...my GF turned away and mouthed silently " Baaaabe...she won't let my arm gooO"...I looked down and this lady, who had to be in her 80's, had the GF in a death grip by wrists...I thought to myself...."Lord, please dont make me have to bite this old lady down here in the Bahamas"....but she eventually let go and we continued on our way.....

IMAG0439_zps0f249fe0.jpg

Out the back of the market and down the street keep walking...

IMAG0440_zps2eaf29ae.jpg

IMAG0442_zps0ffb04bb.jpg

IMAG0444_zpse49e4b9a.jpg

Past these fountains on your left you will come to a fork. On your left is a one way and down the end you will see Senor Frogs, which sits on the waterway. You can get GREAT pictures of the boats in dock in front of Senor Frogs...

IMAG0445_zpsfd1765a7.jpg

IMAG0446_zpseee8b955.jpg

IMAG0448_zps5ad277c9.jpg

IMAG0447_zps4dfda8f9.jpg

This is the closest I got to the famous Nassau lighthouse, being that I miss coming in dock AND Sailaway at Nassau...How'd I do THAT??

IMAG0449_zps0a37a41a.jpg

If you stopped at Senor Frogs...just head back up to the main street and keep walking if you want to keep going to Junkanoo...

Totally enjoying your review! I'm hoping to get on a Fascination cruise soon, and have been reading up on the Fantasy class ships as of late. This just makes me want to hop on even more!

And, ah...the Disney Dream! I will be sailing on her in just under four months. Super Bowl Sunday! Woot Woot!

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!

Once back up to the main street...keep right and keep walking....

I guess it depends when you go but it is almost always hot in the Bahamas...This was early October...and 10 minutes into this walk I was about ready to fight somebody....

IMAG0450_zps0a99ec0d.jpg

Maybe I'll fight this guy in the hat...

IMAG0451_zpscd98d363.jpg

IMAG0452_zpsd5877291.jpg

See the McD's up ahead on your left??...Keep going past that...

IMAG0453_zps0d708a51.jpg

IMAG0454_zps50f7f6ee.jpg

Once past the Mickey D's...you will probably SWEAR you saw Ronald Mcdonald twerking out front...but it's just an optical illusion lol. The heat is becoming unbearable and it feels like the son is sitting on your shoulder....

Keep Right around the bend and keep going...

You really havent been walking but about 15 minutes at this point but it feels like more. Especially when you got your backpack, with change of clothes and your carnival beach towel ( DONT FORGET YOUR BEACH TOWEL FROM YOUR STATEROOM). Your stateroom steward will replace it at your leisure so use away. Just remember, if you lose one....you WILL Pay for it.

IMAG0456_zps4788ba5c.jpg

Keep straight...and at this point you are probably thinking..." I'm about to turn around and take my happy @zz back to the ship.....I should've hopped in one of those damn Carriages"....But Alas...just when you are about to pick a fight with the next Bahamanian guy you see.......

IMAG0457_zps584bb85d.jpg

IMAG0458_zpseab6dc34.jpg

IMAG0459_zpscfceb5a7.jpg

Wait wait wait....THIS IS IT!?!??....one little clip of sand and a raggedy Volleyball net?...What the??...Where's that Bahamanian guy with the hat!?!?

IMAG0460_zpsfc799771.jpg

WHAAAAA???? $15 for an adirondack chair and $10 for an umbrella? Can a brother get a stool and a straw hat for $5?? Jeepers!!!...

Keep Calm...you will see that the beach stretches all around the bay, and there are PLENTY of better options than the first one you get to.....

About 100 yds down the beach we ran into Khyla...A nice lady with a little hut on the beach. We paid $10 for HER adirondacks...AND they came with a free drink...SCORE!!!!!

IMAG0475_zps6e05e03d.jpg

IMAG0461_zpse192770d.jpg

View of another Carnival ship coming in to dock from in front of Khyla's..I believe it was Sensation...that made 4 ships in dock at once...Busy Day

Khyla was very nice...and she had fresh food for purchase too, but we did not try any...We just relaxed and played in the water.....

IMAG0338_zpsdbbf3c87.jpg

One of my FAVORITE pics I took all trip. THE LIFE. GratefuL. GOD is GOOD.

Cheers my friend.

This is one of the best reviews I have read in a long, long time. I love your raw and honest truth.

Now here is my truth...cruise depression is going to settle in soon. Trust me on this. Lol. You keep looking for the towel animal every night, the little chocolates, room service tidying your room twice a day. Ahhh....12 days and I'll be on the Fantasy. So looking forward to it.

Can't wait to read the reset of your review. :D

PS...make sure your next cruise takes you to Half Moon Cay. ;)

Edited by jobell

IMAG0479_zps09bb7429.jpg

IMAG0480_zps6661165b.jpg

They serve frozen daquiris and snacks...we didnt stay long...We was looking for some FOOOOODDDD...snacks wasnt gonna cut it...Right past the Mickey D's on the right this time we fell up into this spot...

IMAG0487_zpsc8712af0.jpg

IMAG0488_zps25049979.jpg

We all ordered the Conch Burgers with fries...

IMAG0486_zpsf28ba000.jpg

SOO Good!!!...I was like the little girl on the AT&T commercial.." You want more...you like something and you really want..you want MORE"

Just trace your way back the same way you came...the walk back always seems quicker doesnt it??:D

The good thing is you dont have to go through " The Gauntlet" on the way back...They open the fence by the rear and you can go that way without having to go up and do the U-turn...

Once inside I watched this lady going to town on some coconuts with a machete...

IMAG0497_zps51b513fe.jpg

I was like Duuude...I'd hate to piss her off LoL..

On the way back they check your sign and sail and I.D and there is a line..

IMAG0502_zps9ce256ef.jpg

A rather LONG line...but it moves fast..

IMAG0504_zpsde28d5a0.jpg

The same Bahamanian official thanks you for visiting and you are on your way back to the ship!!

IMAG0505_zps4d13c06a.jpg

IMAG0506_zpsa98c7c1d.jpg

View of Atlantis from ship...Closest I got...But I'll be back for sure!!!

IMAG0510_zps9e0a1eb1.jpg

I couldnt stop taking pictures of the Magic lol...I just wanted to tour the ship...I mentioned this to the GF...WOuldn't it be SOOOOO cool if the other cruise lines allowed you to tour their ships while you were in port?? That would be an excursion into itself!!!...Plus, what better way to tell a customer " I know you enjoying your cruise over there, but next time...Try Us!!"....Just a thought...

We headed straight for Waterworks when we got back on for some slide racing!!!

IMAG0514_zps763d7136.jpg

On your marks...

IMAG0515_zps95d110d3.jpg

Get Set...

IMAG0516_zps30f3887b.jpg

Go!!...

Keep in mind it has been about an hour or so since I had that conch burger...So of course I had "sneezed" enough to grab this to take back to the room...

IMAG0517_zpsd29c68f9.jpg

*Sigh*...You know, that is just ridiculous. Just eating to eat. Well, I didnt waste any of it...I put it away. It's better someone eat it than it go in the trash or incinerator or whatever they do to the food that's not eaten on the buffet.

I laid down for a little while then got dressed for dinner...TOnight was Mexican Fiesta night up on Lido so I put on my "Caution" pants....

IMAG0522_zps66c7c219.jpg

Now that is Pure, 100% Unadulturated Sexiness right there...I don't care what NOBODY Say!!!! LoL I call them caution pants cause they yellow...and when I wear them everyone must yield to the sexiness upon them LoL.

But before mexican night we had a suprise for the BeF and wife @ dinner...

IMAG0524_zps5ff55f9d.jpg

Their Anniversary was that Monday so even though it was only Friday, the bae wanted to go ahead and get them something....

IMAG0535_zps219d6cc9.jpg

She ordered the cake the night before at dinner, and even though it was a totally DIFFERENT wait staff who served us this night they already had everything arranged. Just one of the things that Carnival does so well...Customer Service.

IMAG0534_zpscb053a41.jpg

The staff sang Happy Anniversary and it was a great dinner. Also, that night we made sure we got there at 7:20 because thats when the staff sang and danced to "Gangham Style".

After watching that, laughing and clapping our appetizers arrived...

IMAG0528_zps0cd1b8d0.jpg

I had the creamy potato and cheese soup....it was sorta bland...

I also had the Shark and Languistino Bites...

IMAG0531_zpsba442a1d.jpg

We shared those apps actually then both of us had the Seafood Newburgh

IMAG0532_zpse57cf563.jpg

The clams were awesome...but I am not a huge fan of the Seafood Newburgh...it is just O.K in my opinion...