Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

Oh, No. Perhaps you could ask a supervisor?

Or, have you purchased the Princess vacation protection where you can cancel the Jan 24 for any reason and get a FCC anyway? Just a thought….

No way. The terms and conditions state that it can be applied to any cruise not paid in full... Since final payment for the Asia cruise is before the sailing and because the credit is applied AFTER the completion of the cruise, this credit could have never qualified for the Asia cruise. However, the credit still can be applied to another 7 day or longer cruise sailing BEFORE 12/31/14.

Everyone needs to read (and understand? The terms and conditions of any promotions!

My booking confirmations of 12/4 and again on 12/5 do not have the exclusion if the future cruise is prepaid. I read each carefully.

On 12/6 when I transferred to my TA, the exclusion language appeared. I called Princess twice and was told after the agent checked with her supervisor, that I was eligible for a refund on my credit card.

So, I will have to use the FCC on another future cruise, but that is unlikely because my 4/3 cruise is 25 days to Asia and in the past, we usually only cruise once a year. But never say never, I could take DD on another quick cruise.

If I had know, I would have jumped on it,but it's the last couple of days that I started frequenting the Princess board, because I'm planning a cruise on the Royal or Regal. Haven't been on princess since November 2008, so it's about time to try them again.

Edited by Topo Gigio

If I had know, I would have jumped on it,but it's the last couple of days that I started frequenting the Princess board, because I'm planning a cruise on the Royal or Regal. Haven't been on princess since November 2008, so it's about time to try them again.

That promo meant you had to take one of the short cruises before you could apply the credit to any other cruise. As it has been said, the promo is over. It may or may not be offered again, if so, it would be for the fall getaway cruises, but maybe not. It was great while it lasted!

No way. The terms and conditions state that it can be applied to any cruise not paid in full... Since final payment for the Asia cruise is before the sailing and because the credit is applied AFTER the completion of the cruise, this credit could have never qualified for the Asia cruise. However, the credit still can be applied to another 7 day or longer cruise sailing BEFORE 12/31/14.

Everyone needs to read (and understand? The terms and conditions of any promotions!

This promotion was offered two times.

The first time did not have the restriction about "not paid in full'"

My booking confirmations of 12/4 and again on 12/5 do not have the exclusion if the future cruise is prepaid. I read each carefully.

On 12/6 when I transferred to my TA, the exclusion language appeared. I called Princess twice and was told after the agent checked with her supervisor, that I was eligible for a refund on my credit card.

So, I will have to use the FCC on another future cruise, but that is unlikely because my 4/3 cruise is 25 days to Asia and in the past, we usually only cruise once a year. But never say never, I could take DD on another quick cruise.

Perhaps after you are back from Jan cruise with credit in your account your TA can call Princess again to see if they will refund to your credit card. Princess is very quick to put the credit (Goodwill Voyage credit) in your account, I saw it the day after I disembarked. I've also found they do make an effort to accommodate where possible, it is however sometimes depending on who you get on the phone.

Interesting you should suggest this option. Yesterday my TA was told by a Princess agent to contact Princess right after the cruise, but was disconnected in the middle of the call. When my TA called back, she was referred to a supervisor who said there is no refund to a credit card, but the customer service supervisor offered to speak with me. As of now, there is no Good Will Voyage Credit.

It appears the no credit card refund policy changed after I booked the cruise and when I transferred to my TA, I lost it, but I still have the 3 free incentive offering. Thanks for the encoraging words.

Interesting you should suggest this option. Yesterday my TA was told by a Princess agent to contact Princess right after the cruise, but was disconnected in the middle of the call. When my TA called back, she was referred to a supervisor who said there is no refund to a credit card, but the customer service supervisor offered to speak with me. As of now, there is no Good Will Voyage Credit.

It appears the no credit card refund policy changed after I booked the cruise and when I transferred to my TA, I lost it, but I still have the 3 free incentive offering. Thanks for the encoraging words.

You are welcome. It never hurts to try. Good luck.