Princess offering Free cruises? Am I reading it wrong?

cruzsnooze

This is on the opening page of the Princess web page. I looked at the few cruises this applied to and I can actually cruise on the Nov 4 one. I called and they said whatever amount I pay excluding port fees will be a FCC. So I booked a suite and they said YEP you'll get a FCC for that amount. I always believed if it was too good to be true it wasn't true. Tell me your take on this unbelieveable promo.

Get 100% of Your Fare Back as a Future Cruise Credit!

Book one of our convenient 3 or 4-day roundtrip cruises from Los Angeles sailing between October 21st and November 4th and receive 100% of your cruise fare back as credit toward a future Princess cruise!

I think it's probably intended as a way to get people to try cruising...and come back. I sure didn't get an email to tell me about it. But even as an elite I would not be above taking advantage of it to have a nice relaxing get away :D

I hope they do it again, because I will be on the Ruby Princess in the Mediterranean during this one!

I think it's probably intended as a way to get people to try cruising...and come back. I sure didn't get an email to tell me about it. But even as an elite I would not be above taking advantage of it to have a nice relaxing get away :D

I hope they do it again, because I will be on the Ruby Princess in the Mediterranean during this one!

It is NOT an email it is open for everyone on the opening page of http://www.Princess.com

This is on the opening page of the Princess web page. I looked at the few cruises this applied to and I can actually cruise on the Nov 4 one. I called and they said whatever amount I pay excluding port fees will be a FCC. So I booked a suite and they said YEP you'll get a FCC for that amount. I always believed if it was too good to be true it wasn't true. Tell me your take on this unbelieveable promo.

Get 100% of Your Fare Back as a Future Cruise Credit!

Book one of our convenient 3 or 4-day roundtrip cruises from Los Angeles sailing between October 21st and November 4th and receive 100% of your cruise fare back as credit toward a future Princess cruise!

My take is that they are not selling well!

Not showing for me when I go on from a Canadian IP address :( I do get it though when I look at a specific sailing

It is for the 3 and 4 night cruises for this OCT and Nov. I just called back and upgraded to a penthouse suite since I'll get the full fare back on my 10 night Sapphire cruise later this year. My sapphire cruise is only in a mini suite but they say the FCC can be applied to any category. IT IS COMBINABLE with other promos too OMG it's a free cruise!!

It is for the 3 and 4 night cruises for this OCT and Nov. I just called back and upgraded to a penthouse suite since I'll get the full fare back on my 10 night Sapphire cruise later this year. My sapphire cruise is only in a mini suite but they say the FCC can be applied to any category. IT IS COMBINABLE with other promos too OMG it's a free cruise!!

It's an awesome deal. I'd have to give up my week in Paris though which I'm not sure I want to do.

According to the terms and conditions, promo is open for Canadian residents. Itineraries do not look very interesting.

Princess Getaways Sale: Terms & Conditions

Sale ends October 31st, 11:59pm PT

*Book a qualifying voyage by October 31, 2013 and 100% of the cruise fare will be available as a future cruise credit (FCC) that will be applicable to any 2013/2014 published future cruise that is 7 days or longer. Once the qualifying voyage has sailed, an FCC will automatically be applied to passengers’ Captains Circle member number. The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014. Above fares are based on Golden Princess® 10/21/13 and 10/28/13 departure. Other dates may vary. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories, sailings and cruisetours may vary. Oceanview stateroom may have an obstructed view. Fares are per person, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two passengers in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth passengers. Government fees and taxes of $55-$90 are additional and subject to change. This offer is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past passenger discount. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to the applicable Princess Cruises brochure or princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. Offer expires: October 31, 2013. Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please contact customer service at 1-800-774-6237.

I wonder if I can apply the credit to a cruise I am already booked on??
I was told yes because i already am booked on a 10 night in March. They also said it is combinable with all other offers such as military, loyalty and other FCC's. I couldn't believe it and thought if it's too good to be true then it isn't true!!

According to the terms and conditions, promo is open for Canadian residents. Itineraries do not look very interesting.

Princess Getaways Sale: Terms & Conditions

Sale ends October 31st, 11:59pm PT

*Book a qualifying voyage by October 31, 2013 and 100% of the cruise fare will be available as a future cruise credit (FCC) that will be applicable to any 2013/2014 published future cruise that is 7 days or longer. Once the qualifying voyage has sailed, an FCC will automatically be applied to passengers’ Captains Circle member number. The FCC must be applied to a future sailing departing before December 31, 2014. Above fares are based on Golden Princess® 10/21/13 and 10/28/13 departure. Other dates may vary. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories, sailings and cruisetours may vary. Oceanview stateroom may have an obstructed view. Fares are per person, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two passengers in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth passengers. Government fees and taxes of $55-$90 are additional and subject to change. This offer is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public, group or past passenger discount. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to the applicable Princess Cruises brochure or princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings. Offer expires: October 31, 2013. Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please contact customer service at 1-800-774-6237.

It is also valid for the Nov 4 sailing on the Golden because i booked that date. I agree it's only an Ensenada port but the ship in the penthouse suite is my destination, I'll stay on ship when we're in port.

Edited by cruzsnooze

It wasn't on my home page either, but looked up the cruises listed above. Just search cruises leaving in Oct and Nov to Mexico and they will come up as sale. Booked the cruise leaving Oct. 21, yeah only one week to wait and I also snagged C753 which was available to my surprise. Will be able to apply the fcc to my upcoming cruise too. :)

I wonder if I can apply the credit to a cruise I am already booked on??

I just called Princess and was told that it would have to be a new booking, and couldn't be applied to an existing booking. Makes sense. :(

It does not come up on the Princess site for me--maybe targeted to West Coast cruisers?

The info is available on the Princess webiste, I'm in western PA and found it.

Try going to the Princess website, select "Cruise Deals", then select "Top Cruise Deals", the select "West Coast Getaway" (it is the first one listed), then you can look at the details of the deal by clicking on the red box that says, "Princess Getaway Sale".

Really is a great opportunity for a free cruise!